New Grower Looking For Advice

BigBudDaddy

I am headed to Co. to grow. I want to setup an indoor hydro setup. I'm thinking I want to build a 20x30 building and use led lights. 1000 watts sets (4-250watt groups) through out the building. I was thinking split it 10x10 for growing and 10x10 flowering and 10 for clones or whatever. I will have an investor so I want to get everything in place and done the right way without breaking the bank. Since it's my first time growing I'm thinking of starting with 5 or 10 plants because I know it's not as easy as it seems. Any recommendations on setup style? What is potential yield for that space and any round about cost estimates you can throw out there? I'm going to make a career out of this so I need to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Have you researched all the rules/regs/license fees/requirements etc..? Fees are quite steep along with pesticide regs and all that hoopla here in Oregon to be able to sell it legally, and only allowed so many plants "for your own" but can't buy it or sell it w/o license. And if not planning on playing by the rules then might want to check out the penalties (as it may be worse than wherever you are currently, as Oregon upped the penalties for selling and for possession of over the "allowed amount" far as in your home or on your person when they got rid of the penalties for possession if you are 21.

There is also whole Counties in Oregon that you can't grow industrial or have processing for Rec, or even Rec sales allowed for that matter, so Colorado could have the same different rules for different Cities/Counties

My family has already begun with licenses. They live in Durango. Up to 99 plants. So the legal side is all set. Just need something or someone to lead the way for me.

My family has already begun with licenses. They live in Durango. Up to 99 plants. So the legal side is all set. Just need something or someone to lead the way for me.

You are going to want a mother plant room, a clone room, a veg room, a flower room, and a drying room. The veg room can be much smaller than the flower room by at least half. The clone room can be a glorified closet as well as the drying room. As far as lights just get what will cover the area efficiently. As for hydro set up, most big growers use soil for a reason. It's got better flavors and is more forgiving. You are going to have a hard time maintaining hydro on a commercial scale. Hydro would require far too much water to be processed to remove chems and solids before it's safe. If you do go hydro you'll probably want to do separate dwc containers for each plant. That limits the risk of spreading disease from one root system to another.

Thank you. That's what I'm looking for. I want to do the right thing. Soil is not ruled out. I just know you get more quicker with hydro correct?

Thank you. That's what I'm looking for. I want to do the right thing. Soil is not ruled out. I just know you get more quicker with hydro correct?

Depends. Hydro is finicky and there's a higher risk factor. You do get faster growth in hydro but when you're doing a large scale commercial grow and you have enough plants to schedule them out that won't matter so much. In a commercial grow i would think the most important thing would be consistency and predictability and quality.

Ok cool. How many plants do you grow and what kind of yield do you get from say a 10x10 room?

And if you cycle it right you should be able to get a crop every three months or so correct?

I'm afraid I'm talking more in theory than experience but I have grown up to 10 plants in my 8 x 10 room and had a little space to move around. Didn't get much because I went hydro and learned the hard way about letting the roots share the same resevoir. 1 plant yielded 6.5 ounces but the others got root disease and quit progressing. And as far as cycling, every plant has a different time frame. Some take 6 to 8 weeks in flower some take much longer. But nobody says you have to do all the plants on the exact same start and end date. Start a few every week. That way you never have to harvest and trim too much at once and you keep a smaller but more steady flow of product.

Once I get everything set I will def post some pics of progress. And I may be coming for more advice.
My fam has outdoor greenhouses. And seem to do ok but I wanted to go big or go home and indoor seems like the way to go

Yea I'm sure I will stumble and fall a few times as well but I'm all in on this s thing and can't get out there fast enough

Back
Top Bottom