New Room, New Lights, New Strain, Organic, Super Soil, DIY COB Setup

Yoooo okay so after some help and over 7 hours of trimming I have some pics. Sorry I didn't realize how blurt they were till I uploaded them I'll get some new ones later. This finished up.alot better than I thought.. got a lot of really good sized nugs. The green rack is full of popcorn buds I'll use to make oil or hash and there is almost 5 full 10 foot strings full of good big nugs. Here's some pics I'll post some updates when I can.
20161126_130512.jpg
20161126_130519.jpg
20161126_130523.jpg
20161126_130542.jpg
20161126_130550.jpg
20161126_224932.jpg
20161126_225007.jpg
20161126_224926.jpg
20161126_225022.jpg
20161126_225145.jpg
20161126_225155.jpg
20161126_225311.jpg

So the dry is going okay.. Im a little worried about the room though because I'm having trouble keeping the temp and humidity where I want it. Its hovering around 55% humidity and 66 degrees with a little bit of swing. Just tweaking the dehumidifier and humidifier to get a nice range. I have shut off the filter that is sucking air out of the room and the humidity has gone up a little bit. I don't want it to dry to quick but so far its okay. We'll see... That is one of the biggest reason Im so happy for the new room because I have complete control over the environment.

On to the new location. I will be vegging in a tent after this first grow and flowering in this room but for now I have everything in here. I sexed the plants today. All the seeds I bought were feminized besides the (2) TGA penny wise and (4) TGA Querkle. I have found 2 Querkle Males. The pre flowers are still small but I am pretty sure they are males and will keep an eye on them. Now I am thinking about breeding and trying to maybe make my own strain, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself and I know nothing about genetics except that its not as simple as just pollinating a flower.

Heres a pic of the plants a few weeks into veg. Im going to be pulling the two males as soon as I'm positive they are(95% sure they are as of now). I am going to take clones of almost all the plants and wait to see how the older plants do when they are flowered to decide what clones to keep as mother plants. Not going to veg them that much longer.. I think I should probably repot them into bigger pots. If I do that I will make sure to give them at least a week before switching to flower. I think Im going to put the white tray that the plants are in into the future veg tent. I say this because instead of 18 plants there will be 16 after the two males get puled so I will do rows of 4 x 4 as opposed to rows of 6 x 3. I might try to do a coco drain to waste in it at some point. idk i'm rambling. heres some pics Ill shut up for now... Going to do some research on breading.

20161128_212754.jpg
20161128_212835.jpg

Okay so as of this morning the dry room was at just under 50% RH and just under 70 degrees so I think thats as close as I'm going to be able to get it to ideal conditions. Hopefully that will do the trick. Ill make sure to just put a timer on my big carbon filter to exchange the air in the room every few hours so the air does not go stale... Will keep you guys posted!

I did a little bit of research on breeding and I think I will be able to fool around a bit pollinating a branch or two. Might keep the two male querkle plants in the veg tent and mess around trying to find a mother and a father plant. Thinking of crossing maybe querkle and strawberry cake??

From my understanding the F1 plants, or first generation, will grow more vigorously than the next generations if the origins of the mother and the father are not the same. Ex if the mother and the father both have a shared lineage this will not happen, but if both strains are from completely different lineage, the first generation (F1) will have explosive growth compared to the following generations. So I have to do a bit of homework and see what the lineage of my strains are and look for some that are from different lineage to try to get that effect. I want to make my own strain and really get it stabilized which can take years - and I may not use these strains but I want to start fooling around a bit either way and see what comes of it. It would be so cool to get some really old strains and make my own crazy strain some day. Idk we'll see.

Im still waiting for the dam vacuum pump to get here in the mail so I can fire up my mini split. I need the lines vacuumed before I can turn it on... long story short I had to buy the stuff to do it because I was supposed to be able to borrow the tools to do it and that is not an option anymore. The one row of CXB's doesn't get too hot in there and it will do just fine for veg but I need the AC before I fire up the rest for flower. As it sits right now the temp is right at 80 degrees, the humidity is right around 65, and I have the Co2 at 1500ppm.

Just as I was bitching about how I didn't have my vacuum pump yet. I tracked the package and saw was delivered yesterday so i walked outside and it was on my front step :laughtwo: hahaha well its about time. My plants are doing good but its def too hot in there. There are some that are doing fine and others that are showing some heat stress. Temps are getting up to 84 degrees at times. Too hot
20161201_223806.jpg
20161201_223743.jpg

20161201_221017.jpg

Yeah as soon as I get that ac vacuumed I can turn another light on. Guess I gotta stop dragin my heels on building that third light. I'm debating transplanting one more time onto bigger pots. I'm in 2 gal now and I've never flowered anythin in 2 gal pots. If I transplant I'll go to 5 gal but I'll have to wait another week or so before I switch to 12 12 and I'm just being cautious so I don't run out of room.

What's up slant. Yeah he has really informative videos about all the COB led lighting. He has a 7 part series so to say and I recommend watching them all and then watching them again :thumb:

I picked up a bunch of 5 gallon smart pots today. This weekend Im going to get the ac all se and good to go, take clones of most of the plants, and maybe get the 3rd light built. I still would like to get the driver dimmers all soldered up too so maybe Ill focus on that instead of the third light which isn't 100% necessary right now. Idk ideally I will get it all done but we'll see. I have sexed all the plants in the room except for one. I have one confirmed male Querkle and one that has literally zero pre flowers. I have looked it up and down every day now and still none have shown up. Hopefully its a female but idk. I'm almost alright if its a male because then Ill have 16 females and thats a nice 4 x 4 grid and I don't have to worry about the one random plant out of the grid.

I went and looked at an ez clone machine today and it was too much money so I'm just going to take 3 clones each off of 15 out of my 18 plants and put them in rock wool cubes and humidity domes. I have a pretty good success rate generally but I'm gonna take 3 of each to make sure I have at least one good one for each plant. I don't know what ill flower out and what I won't but I'm really just looking for 1 to 3 mothers. well see...

You can build an EZ cloner pretty cheap from Walmart. I built one with a tote air stone and air pump the only thing I had to go to the local gardening store for was the rubber plugs to suspend them in. Cost around 50$ to build a 30 site cloner but now I don't even use it I just use rapid rooters or rockwoll cubes in cloning trays/domes.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

THE AC IS RUNNING!!!!!!!! finally holy shit. long story short vacuuming was not ideal. Its got no air in it thats for sure I'm just hoping I didn't accidentally let out too much refrigerant. I freaked out when I turned it on because the unit outside started clanking and freaked me out. After further investigation I found the metal was bent a little bit and was hitting the fan blade. Holy shit was that a relief.

As far as the clones go yeah Im just going to use a humidity dome and rock wool. Ill take a few extra of each just to make sure I get at least one successful clone of each plant.

Im gonna have some beers now... What a relief.

Yooooo. The nugs are now in their jars and the curing has begun. The smell of these are awesome and the taste is so smooth. Has an earthy pungent taste to it. The taste is getting better by the day. The 2 days its been being burped in the mason jars have made the taste better each day. Final weight - besides the popcorn stuff in the paper bag came in at 464 grams. There is probably another 1-2 ounces in the paper bag. With all the popcorn its gotta come in right around 500 grams. That is the first time I have pulled .5 gpw off the 1000w hps. Nothing to write home about but its a personal best and I have been trying to pull a lb off a 1000w light for many grows so I'm happy. I would have pulled more but I'm convinced its just the genetics because the plants were really healthy the whole grow.

I got all the plants transplanted in and another list put in. They are doing OK. The transplant and the tea that I watered them in with should help quite a bit. I am going to take clones in a week or so at the same time I do some lolipoping. I usually top a bunch but i'm not going to this time around, just going to try to find 3-4 plants to keep as mothers. If I end up with a nice purple querkle plant I'll keep that, Ill keep the Afghan cow if its a good yielder, Ill keep an incredible bulk, and maybe a strawberry cake. Idk all depends on which plants yield the best/ have the best qualities.

Heres some pics of everything.
20161204_211635.jpg
20161204_211729.jpg
20161204_213104.jpg
104707919.jpg
388176414.jpg

Hi Freezy, I'm a noob (ugh, I know), but do so enjoying the growing hobby. I've been following Doc Bud's high brix grow, and seems alot of people aren't following the grassroots methods anymore. They do produce some nice nugs. I want to grow what I can continuing to improve, instead of going big without much grow experience.

Congrats on your harvest. The nugs looked great to me. Now I have something to shoot for, lol. I have 2 purple haze and 2 white widow in 5 gal pots under cobs. Now about 4 weeks since the switch. Canopy is a little lopsided, but all else is well. Trying to get the whole experience of inside growing dialed in.

Good day to you, and may your next grow be better.

Hey maineiac. I have looked at the high brix kit a little bit and its a whole different ballgame from anything I have tried personally. I started off in DWC, then to soil with synthetic nutes, then to coco then back to soil with organics lol I've been all over the place. I think I did the opposite and started off complicated and moved towards simpler and simpler grows. I have a full time job and this shit takes alot of time! That's the biggest reason I grow organic, or like 90% organic, because I don't have to worry about ph or any of that. The super soil is even easier. I do supplement but with super soil you can almost just add water.

In time you learn the plants and how they react when they need somethin, have too much of something etc etc and it gets easier. I'm convinced that the lower yield I have experienced are from genetics (not the greatest mother plant) and the old room I was using. I have never been able to keep a steady environment until my newest room. I think the envoronmental factors ( temp, humidity, c02, airflow etc) are underestimated in importance sometimes. This next harvest should be exciting.

Thanks for the congrats. Tokin on some right now!

Yooo its ben a while heres an update. I have a slight issue with the plants. Not quite sure whats going on I'm suspecting that its a cal mag deficiency. I have a pic of them before and after lolipoping them today. I need to get them into flower because they are getting too big. I was trying to get them a little healthier first. I will give them a few days to recover from the lollipoping and then switch them to flower. I took 2-3 clones from most of them a week ago. They are are looking healthy but no roots yet. Just used rock wool and a humidity dome.
20161219_214733.jpg
20161219_214740.jpg
20161219_214754.jpg
20161219_214802.jpg
20161219_214838.jpg
20161221_203905.jpg
20161221_203922.jpg
20161221_204002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom