Thehalobluntm

Strains: raspberry gum and grape ape
Indoors
Lights:1 60 watt cfl
Setup: microwave box
Medium: 100% mulch
Light schedule:24 hour light
Veg or flower: Veg for 5 days

I meed help with a few questions. Should I add a fan to my setup? How much should I watewatered how often? And last is there anything else I can do to spoil my gals?

20151025_120735.jpg

Take a long read through here ~~~>How to Grow Marijuana
Then check out the completed journals. More information there than you can shake a stick at. So much info that you'll know what you don't know before you know that you don't know it. And then some. :)

Yep. Like previously stated u need to read that. First things first is always do your homework before asking help. The information is most likely all ready out there (it is in this case) so read before posting. Anyways...here is some good pointers, focus on the lux a plant is recieving. That light will not be enough. Around 25,000 lux is standard. 50,000 is optimal. U don't necessarily have to get strong lights but it has to be at a very close distance which I am almost positive it isn't even close. Get a free light meter on app store and see how many lux u have. Secondly, switch to flat white paint. A spray paint can at walmart is a few bucks and very worth it. It's a lot better than tin foil. Yes, you definetly should get a fan to circulate stagnant air and also to cool down room. Make sure u have some sort of opening to switch air out contantly. Get a temprature and humidity monitor. Make sure Temps are in 75-85. You can get away with 8 ' with proper ventilation . Humidity should be in 30-70. 50 being nice. Lights should be 6500k to veg. Ur light should have some sort of reflector, use some soda cans and diy. Open them up. Cut a hole for light and hang around light. DO NOT FEED IT NUTRIENTS YET. Remember...focus on the basics. The best environment will always beat put the best nutrients. Growing doesn't have to be expensive or complex. Just don't over analyze it. The when u have a grow or two down packed try hydro for a challange.

Remember...basics. temps, humidity, light, and air circulation. And that's about it. And keep reading for yourself. So much useful information. Also, go to a hydroponics store! That's one of the best places to get info on gardening! All of your questions will be answered. And they are so much more reliable than the internet.

Like if you thought helpful. Peace!

P.s. don't get discouraged.

I understand a little bout the basics but how should i use them when all consist of soil base mediums and I have 100% mulch? I have them both maybe about 1' 1 1/2' from light to reduce stretching but I am definitely buying a little fan with 120 cfm would that be good? And buying a filter for it too.
20151025_120712.jpg

Its already stretching first of all. And u use them to your advantage because basics is everything....I can have the best soil and lights and what not...But if your temps aren't right and humidity to dry than your in for a disaster. Mulch soaks up water, why would u use mulch? U don't read do yourself. I can tell because u have questions posted like crazy. Don't expect people do do the work for you. If u can't find info then ask. But there is so much info. I suggest

Read up on best indoor growing enviorment. Take notes of the temp and humidity. A fan is a must to circulate air but how are u going to ventilate and replace the air which is more important than circulation.

Read up on lights, reflectivity, and strength (lux is key) and do the math to see if u have a good amount of lights.

Read up on soil to see which soil is best and why and what you can do to optimize a grow.

And with all of these you will become an expert grower. Here's a free tip, cut down the bowl so stagnant air won't flow around it. Ph....And look up about tin foil as a reflective material and see if there I anything better in your range. Growing crops of any sort can be easy and cheap if u get the basics. U dont need a filter. What for? First of all, how big do u want your plants? Secondly, is that strain a smelly strain? And third, if u decide u need one, then why not wait til it's actually needed. Focus on the basics kid. don't create and address problems if they aren't even there.

Do your homework.

Woah carlito. We have all levels of growers here on 420 - down to the very beginner. We were all there at one point. Some people just learn better asking questions than reading. I like all the suggestions you've given to thehalobluntm, but I don't see any reason to be angry and short with a new grower for not knowing the basics. :Namaste:

Thanks for the advice and I do read and been reading I'm just a person that likes to be sure is all. Just wanted to see how mulch would do was planning to buy seedlings soil tho just experimenting. Box is actually bigger than what it seems just have another box in use to rise close to light and plant is from a good bag either grape ape or raspberry gum. But all in all she's not doing bad. But one thing about the smell mulch really stinks when heated up might mask smell :)

As it gets a little bigger and if you stick with the cfls i suggest you get 6-8 of the 23w cfls that will give some decent results. If in need of a cheap source of reflective material look for emergency blankets they are around $2 at any wally fart in the camping section. Best of luck to you friend take care

I'm sorry if you believe I was angry. Of course I wouldn't be. I just wanted to highlight the importance of reading. Asking online can get ypu the wrong answers sometimes. A great person to ask is a person who works at a hydro store! They clarified so much for me! That's all! So once again...I am not angry at all, and am sorry if I came off that way. Read people, read and discover for yourself that way you won't mess up because of false information. Sometimes...especially online, the blind like to lead! Lol! That's all!

I completely understand you probably see post like these all the time but thanks again fi r the advice trying to Mack reflect with pop can now and going to cut the bowls tomorrow. Had one Question tho I read about purple stems it being lack ooi f water or genetics but mine has like a wave of purple. Some on top by leaves then green in middle then purple by the bottom just wanted to see if this weird or not

I would need a closer pic. If it's on the stem it could be because of lack of nutrients. But on the leaf...I think that is genetics. So no worries. Take a pic of a recent update so we can properly decipher.

Haloblunt,

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing! I understand what Carlito is saying (books really helped me get going.),but don't ever be afraid to ask. It's all about your own style of learning.

I would certainly get a fan, your exhaust is probably more important than intake. Just cut some slits at the bottom of your box, and put your fan at the top. If you can get your hands on a thermometer I would get one of those as well.

As far as watering, I couldn't really say as I've never grown in mulch. One good way to tell is the old weight test, lift your pot after watering, get used to that weight, when it's substantially lighter it's time to water. Also, your finger is a good indicator. Lastly, your bottom leaves can give you a clue as when to water, they will usually droop first.

As far as spoiling them, I would grab some good quality potting soil, something to aerate that soil further (perlite, coir, peat moss, vermiculite.), a few more 23w cfls. Just focus on making whatever environment you have the best environment it can be for your ladies.

That's to bad, but don't lose hope. As long as you learn something from your mistakes, it wasn't all bad.

She's alive! Close call. I added reflector and can tell the heat differences and a little air mattress air pump fo tee circulation at certain times. Plant number 2 just reached the surface. But I dnt think plant one is raspberry because I checked under leaves and it has a nice dark purple to them ?

Make sure they aren't underfed. Purple stems mean underfed. I dont know how "nutrient rich" mulch is So be very wary of that. Look up on purple stems. Also...read up on grow journals of purple cannabis plants. Find a strain and check out the journals section of 420magazine. Double check.
Is that the same plant that has the purple waves? Also, why a are u using mulch??

Yes it's the same one. There is purple under the leaves so I think it's genetics. I think it's pretty good I knocked her over fixing stuff and I had to replant her which was tricky with mulch but what I seen of the roots they are pretty big and going everywhere. She's already form second set of leaves already just really small. Also the mulch holds water pretty good was still a lil moist at bottom of cup. Using mulch as a experiment and because I was to lazy to dig up soil

Yes it's the same one. There is purple under the leaves so I think it's genetics. I think it's pretty good I knocked her over fixing stuff and I had to replant her which was tricky with mulch but what I seen of the roots they are pretty big and going everywhere. She's already form second set of leaves already just really small. Also the mulch holds water pretty good was still a lil moist at bottom of cup. Using mulch as a experiment and because I was to lazy to dig up soil

Back
Top Bottom