Is this cannabis or not?

Hey 420 and friends.. I've got a weird looking 3 week old plant.
I know this is a cannabis plant since it is the offspring of a plant I grew last year. Only thing is I don't remember seeing foliage like this.
It's almost rounded leaves and is furry feeling. Like a Swiss chard wrinkly feeling. The new growth is really wrinkly and lanky/droopy. It's really weird.

It's an og Kush strain, is this because of a more indica phenotype or this not normal?
2016-02-12_16_44_26.jpg

It's a genetic mutant?

It's very possible that I messed her genetics by not giving her mother enough nutes. I'm no breeder so I have no clue, but it would make sense. Lol it's not possible for pollen from another species to seed a cannabis plant is it? It's like a cross between Swiss chard and og Kush. Idk what I'm going to do with her, my goal was to flower it to see if it hermies on me. But at this point I might just dispose of it and wait till the summer to test these seeds for hermism. I've got lots of premium seeds to grow now so I've got no need for 200+ genetic anomalies at the moment.

Cheer everyone, Weirdo Kush it is.

It's not something that you did, just the mix of genes, luck of the draw.

Another seed from the same batch could be genetically perfect :thumb:

I'll say this, she is growing fast and furious. Despite her weird foliage she is churning out nodes every couple days. Only time will tell. I'll be sure to keep this bizarro plant up to date on this thread.
Thanks Richard! I'd give you reps+ but I don't think you need more. Cheers, and as always happy growing.

I'll say this, she is growing fast and furious. Despite her weird foliage she is churning out nodes every couple days. Only time will tell. I'll be sure to keep this bizarro plant up to date on this thread.
Thanks Richard! I'd give you reps+ but I don't think you need more. Cheers, and as always happy growing.

Bro that's one freaky looking plant! Lol! Def keep us updated on this mutant! Hey maybe it might end up producing something worth while.

Spread peace, love, and music!

Bro that's one freaky looking plant! Lol! Def keep us updated on this mutant! Hey maybe it might end up producing something worth while.

Spread peace, love, and music!

Oh I failed miserably on this experiment. I forgot to turn the switch on once I hooked up the timer.it sat in darkness for 2 day before i realized it... Tossed it. My experiment was to find out if they feminized seeds without a recessive hermie gene. Oh well I just dropped 10 of these seeds to put outdoors soon.

KIG Fuzzynugs

Oh I failed miserably on this experiment. I forgot to turn the switch on once I hooked up the timer.it sat in darkness for 2 day before i realized it... Tossed it. My experiment was to find out if they feminized seeds without a recessive hermie gene. Oh well I just dropped 10 of these seeds to put outdoors soon.

Too bad, lol. Going without light for 48 hours would (should) not have killed the plant, but it would certainly have been stressful. If you were attempting to see if you could find a plant that wouldn't display hermaphrodism under stressful conditions, that would have been a plant to watch ;) .

My plant looked like this when I accidentally dropped a led on it. Accidentally "topped" the plant because the stem broke off. "Cloned" the top of the plant that broke off. I didn't think it would grow back with only the first set of leaves but I just left it. Only the first set of leaves were left, right above the coco. After a few nodes, both colas that grew back were normal looking.

Most plants are pretty tough. People (not me!) have been known to successfully clone plants from tiny little tissue samples. And I know that Mom has, on at least one occasion, grown an African violet plant from a single leaf (with its little stem attached) that she stuck in a glass of water and placed on her kitchen window. That one never flowered, though (IDK).

For two or three years, I had a couple of strains growing that I salvaged from "dead" plants in someone's failed indoor grow. AfaIK, he hadn't even bothered turning on the lights for about a week because they were so far gone. I cut off two miserable looking tips from one plant and one from another - which was all that was left that wasn't compost material - and two out of three (one of each strain) survived. And several years ago, I grew three different strains from seeds in Solo cups full of (mostly) perlite and kept them on top of the medicine cabinet, where they got just a little bit of light from the regular light fixture in the (windowless) bathroom. I didn't really have a place for them at the time, and when I realized that they had been surviving for months(!) on the very occasional drink of water that I had been giving them when I remembered, I decided to see how long they'd live with the barest minimum of water and nutrients... I gave them away at some point after their first birthday, lol.

Back
Top Bottom