Leaf problem with pics and info

coralman

Hi just wondering if this is something to be worried about

cheese bomb
About 28 days veg
Recently transplanted from 1 gallon to 5 gallon pots
moved from 125w cfl to under dimmable ballast set at 750w in bigger tent
They are in soil called bullrush (Perfect for pots and baskets, this pH balanced premium compost blends 3 different peats with fertiliser and 20% wood fibre.) it is an all mix with 6 weeks feed so using plain water.

Here are the pics, it seemed to show more after transplant and is on the middle leaves of the plant but the plants seem happy enough but dont want it spreading.

20170315_181446.jpg
20170315_180422.jpg
20170315_180413.jpg
20170315_180408.jpg

Hi just wondering if this is something to be worried about

cheese bomb
About 28 days veg
Recently transplanted from 1 gallon to 5 gallon pots
moved from 125w cfl to under dimmable ballast set at 750w in bigger tent
They are in soil called bullrush (Perfect for pots and baskets, this pH balanced premium compost blends 3 different peats with fertiliser and 20% wood fibre.) it is an all mix with 6 weeks feed so using plain water.

Here are the pics, it seemed to show more after transplant and is on the middle leaves of the plant but the plants seem happy enough but dont want it spreading.

20170315_181446.jpg
20170315_180422.jpg
20170315_180413.jpg
20170315_180408.jpg
Check the ph of the runoff. Could be ph or spilling water on the leaves when watering. What is the ph of your water.

"carpe diem"

The color of your plant says a lot. From the pictures they are dark green. That is a sign of abundant nitrogen. If there is abundant Nitro, there must be abundant potassium and phosphorus. I'm curious to know what Nutrients your feeding them. I don't really care what brand, I'm just curious what the numbers are. Straight water for at least 14 days will benefit your plant my friend.

I was looking at the pictures again and your plants look really good man. They are healthy. I hope you take my advise of straight water. They will be fine. All they will need in 2 weeks is a little Epson salt 5ml per Liter of water and molasses 1ml/L and Remember LESS IS MORE! . ;)

Ph is about 7.5 of plain tap water thats sat out overnight. Really confused with ph at the moment, 50% say dont bother in soil and the other 50% say ph your water...

next watering will check run off
Peat is not soil

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

the soil is peat based and ph'd to just slightly acidic (what it says on package) im feeding no nutes at all just been straight water since day 1 as the compost has 6 weeks feed in, used in early veg and then same again when i re potted.
Thinking maybe its not ph with me using same water for over a month but i will still check run off next watering.

Thank for responses love learning off everyones input.

Some leaves gone crispy as you can see from the pictures going to stick with plain water until next week like gardenseed said and then give them a dose of epsom and molasses, i am watering later so will check run off ph also will let you know how they get on... Thank you all

I had the exact same problem recently, but worse. It's pH for sure. It's almost always pH... I'm using maxibloom as a standalone fert, Lucas style. My tap water runs at about 8.3-8.5. After adding the fert, it drops to below 6 which is bad for soil, but so many people were saying not to bother with pH in soil that I left it as it was. My plants ended up looking much the same as yours do. Since then, I've come across an awesome solution. Baking Soda for pH up!! I let my water sit out for 24-48 hours for chlorine evaporation. When my plants need watering, I boil some water to mix the maxibloom up in then once mixed, add that solution to my water and mix that up, then check the pH of it, usually about 5.7. From there, I start adding the baking soda in small quantities, 1/8th tsp at a time, first mixed in the hot water to properly dissolve it, then tossed into the fert solution, and recheck pH. I keep doing this until I get a pH of about 6.5. The whole 1/8th tsp at a time is what I use for my setup, which is a 2 gallon watering can, so depending on how you water, you might use a bigger spoon to make it go faster, or smaller so you don't overshoot the 6.5. In any case, since properly pH'ing, they've started looking MUCH better, so do yourself a favor and try it.

With respect to watering without fert, i.e. when my water is at 8.5, i add pH down to my water. But this stuff is strong! On a number of occasions I've had to toss the water out and start anew because I don't know what kind of reaction I'd get from pH down plus baking soda.

Finally, when it comes to pH meters and accuracy. A nifty trick to see if your meter is working properly is to test it on a well known substance, white vinegar! White vinegar has a natural pH of 2.4 when at 5% acetic acid(the % is marked directly on the container), so if you're not sure if yours is properly calibrated, get a glass of vinegar and check it out.

I know this was kind of long-winded, but I wish I had fallen on something like this when I first needed it.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom