First grow - How am I doing?

PopeyeSpinach

Hi all, ive been poking around here while ive been working on my first grow. Im indoor, have a galaxyhydro 300 which i know isnt the best led but my plants sure seem to like it.

Its a negative pressure cabinet i just vent outside, im not concerned w smell as my neighbors are just wildlife.

So its small as i only had so much room to donate to a stealthy cabinet. 52" tall, 18" deep, and 28" wide.

Ive got two plants in it and im wondering if i would have been better off sticking with one. But i didnt have feminised seeds so i figured at least bring two up.

The big indica to the left is unknown bagseed from 20 yeas ago, its the only one of 12 that actually germinated. The person i got it from said he thinks it might be Turkish Landrace?? But im not sure, for one im colorblind so i have a hard time comparing strain pictures. But all the pics i have found of turkish landrace sure do look like the indica plant to the left,or at least a close relative.

The plant to the right is Brains Escape, its 1 week to the day younger than the indica, which is 4 weeks old, but its already passed the indica in height. Ive already topped both a week or so ago and started lst them a few days ago.....thinking i may have made a mistake topping the indica, but hey, first ever grow im gonna mess some stuff up.

Getting ready to water them tonight w FF big bloom for the first time. They have been going in a 50/50 mix of FF OF and HF, so at 3 and 4 weeks old i figure its about time to start em on nutes.

My lights are timed at 18/6 and have been since sprout. My circulating fan comes on/off with the lights. My scrog is 9" above soil, i think i shoulda done 8. My temps have thus far maxed at 82° but that was with the AC in the house off, AC on it stays about 80° and drops to about 75° when lights off.

Ok, questions...
Should i get some tiger bloom and grow big for the next watering/feeding...or can i wait a few weeks? Im on a tight budget so if its ok to wait a couple more weeks for the latter two i will

Do you guys think that the indica is Turkish Landrace??

Like i said, i think its still too early to tell, but do they look like ladies? If i were to guess i would say both look female but i dunno if its just wishful thinking on my part. The indica started to get a slight skunky smell today, very mild though.

And how am i doing?? Any suggestions are appreciated
20170511_201841.jpg
20170511_201828.jpg
20170511_201814.jpg
20170511_201806.jpg

Hi all, ive been poking around here while ive been working on my first grow. Im indoor, have a galaxyhydro 300 which i know isnt the best led but my plants sure seem to like it.

Its a negative pressure cabinet i just vent outside, im not concerned w smell as my neighbors are just wildlife.

So its small as i only had so much room to donate to a stealthy cabinet. 52" tall, 18" deep, and 28" wide.

Ive got two plants in it and im wondering if i would have been better off sticking with one. But i didnt have feminised seeds so i figured at least bring two up.

That looks like the perfect cabinet for a single plant SCROG. There's nothing wrong with putting a couple plants in there and learning as you go. It's great fun in fact.

The big indica to the left is unknown bagseed from 20 yeas ago, its the only one of 12 that actually germinated. The person i got it from said he thinks it might be Turkish Landrace?? But im not sure, for one im colorblind so i have a hard time comparing strain pictures. But all the pics i have found of turkish landrace sure do look like the indica plant to the left,or at least a close relative.

The plant to the right is Brains Escape, its 1 week to the day younger than the indica, which is 4 weeks old, but its already passed the indica in height. Ive already topped both a week or so ago and started lst them a few days ago.....thinking i may have made a mistake topping the indica, but hey, first ever grow im gonna mess some stuff up.

Getting ready to water them tonight w FF big bloom for the first time. They have been going in a 50/50 mix of FF OF and HF, so at 3 and 4 weeks old i figure its about time to start em on nutes.

It's difficult to tell by the pictures under the LED light but they do not appear hungry.

My lights are timed at 18/6 and have been since sprout. My circulating fan comes on/off with the lights. My scrog is 9" above soil, i think i shoulda done 8. My temps have thus far maxed at 82° but that was with the AC in the house off, AC on it stays about 80° and drops to about 75° when lights off.

Perfect climate.

Ok, questions...
Should i get some tiger bloom and grow big for the next watering/feeding...or can i wait a few weeks? Im on a tight budget so if its ok to wait a couple more weeks for the latter two i will

Get a second opinion but I think you have time before adding nutes.

Do you guys think that the indica is Turkish Landrace??

There is no way to tell what the genetics are beyond simple visual cues like the large Indica type leaves.

Like i said, i think its still too early to tell, but do they look like ladies? If i were to guess i would say both look female but i dunno if its just wishful thinking on my part. The indica started to get a slight skunky smell today, very mild though.

I don't see any signs of male or female parts yet. Situation normal.

And how am i doing?? Any suggestions are appreciated

You are doing phenomenal. The plants appear healthy and happy. I would carefully consider when to add nutrients. I might see the start of a little Nitrogen toxicity?

I would flip to 12/12 ASAP to coax them into flower sooner rather than later. You do have limited space for two plants. If you plan on doing any pruning below the scrog net, do it now and flip in about 7-10 days.

Those are just suggestions to ponder. I think your grow looks nice.

Cheers,
/Obi

Thanks for the reply, i was checking on them this morning and wondering if i should do the 12/12 flip or not. But im thinking your probably right.

So this evening i should probably prune the indica, which is even more smelly today :) , and give another week or so and flip to 12.

I dont think ill need to prune the brains, but id like to clone it if its a girl.

I took one clone of the indica and water bottled it, i also put the tops in water for about 3 days and then put em in soil. Bout 10 days now and they are still alive. I really wasnt trying to clone the tops either but i figured i would give em a chance, they may still die off tho. Ive just been keeping the soil moist w lil drops of water so often.

Well my plants are about an hour from waking up, so if anyone has any reason to say i should wait to thin the indica out lemme know :)

Thinned out the indica, i think i may have taken a few to many fan leaves, but its a learning experience right now.

Only took a couple small fan leaves off the brains escape but they were down really low.

I think i might be in ok shape if these both turn out to be ladies.
20170512_213210.jpg
20170512_213219.jpg
20170512_213224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom