Wtf, 3 week seedling flowering already??

ItsJoshbruuuh

420-magazine-mobile137793953.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417345490.jpg
420-magazine-mobile811997595.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1689543255.jpg
4at
420-magazine-mobile1420135807.jpg

So this is my second attempt at
growing after my previous plants died due to beginner mistakes. I'm nearly 4 weeks in, I'm doing 12/12 from seed due to available space, I let the plant veg for 1 week however before switching to 12/12 at 18/6.

After going away for the weekend I came back to find my plant budding already? It turns out I seem to have a male plant, however I'm not going to remove it or kill it, this is grow is just an experiment and I have more than enough plants for the time being, I'm immigrating soon and I don't want to spend lots of money and stuff right now since I can get a better grow space and equipment once I leave the country, this is just an experiment to get the hang of things till then and If I can even come to a small harvest (regardless of size) I'll call this experiment a success.

Since my plant is a male I want to purposely cross him with another strain from my country to produce seeds and hopefully a new strain that can eventually be stabilised in genetics.

Back to plant, I'm aware 12/12 makes the plant flower very quickly, but I didn't think it could trigger it to flower while still on 3rd blade leaves, here's some pictures, tell me what you guys think.

You can totally cross that with flowering plants to make seeds. We collect the pollen in rice use a brush to paint the pollen on the females. Just make sure you shower after handling the pollen because you could transfer it to the girls when you aren't wanting to. Have a good day.

That's cool. Just like normal white rice? How long can you save it for?

You can totally cross that with flowering plants to make seeds. We collect the pollen in rice use a brush to paint the pollen on the females. Just make sure you shower after handling the pollen because you could transfer it to the girls when you aren't wanting to. Have a good day.
Thank you!

That's cool. Just like normal white rice? How long can you save it for?
Yup, just normal white rice. We have it in a glass jar in our freezer. It's supposed to last a long time like that.

In the pic is the Feminized Dark Devil Auto pollen my husband made. He used a solution to make the female plant have pollen sacs. We waited until the sacs started opening, then I collected the pollen sacs with tweezers and jarred them up. They have been in the freezer. We crossed it with a photoperiod plant and made the Devils Carnival. Then we bred that with another DC, to stabilize the strain more. Right now we are getting some autos, but mostly photos.
ee8ae650ba45736e65f757dbbe45b92a.jpg

Yup, just normal white rice. We have it in a glass jar in our freezer. It's supposed to last a long time like that.

In the pic is the Feminized Dark Devil Auto pollen my husband made. He used a solution to make the female plant have pollen sacs. We waited until the sacs started opening, then I collected the pollen sacs with tweezers and jarred them up. They have been in the freezer. We crossed it with a photoperiod plant and made the Devils Carnival. Then we bred that with another DC, to stabilize the strain more. Right now we are getting some autos, but mostly photos.
ee8ae650ba45736e65f757dbbe45b92a.jpg

That's awesome! You both are doing what my end goal is to do. I have read you could freeze the pollen to last some time, it's just nice to hear another grower say they are doing it.

Lmao smallest male plant I've ever seen! I'd say within a week they will burst.
Haha well since he's only like 3 days into flower I'd say that's possible, do you think this could be a genetic thing? Because this happened to none of the other plants, I separated the plants thought, he's the only one in that grow box, I'll save the pollen for when the females start flowering.

Haha well since he's only like 3 days into flower I'd say that's possible, do you think this could be a genetic thing? Because this happened to none of the other plants, I separated the plants thought, he's the only one in that grow box, I'll save the pollen for when the females start flowering.

I would love to see how the other plants look if you have any pictures? I've always wanted to try a 12/12 start to finish grow. I've tried to follow a few growers doing it on here but the journals always go dead by 2 weeks in.
If the other plants are larger then I would think this was random rather then genetics. Definitely cool though!
You could even let this male sit on a windowsill until it's ready. Males don't need the same type of lighting from what I read.

I would love to see how the other plants look if you have any pictures? I've always wanted to try a 12/12 start to finish grow. I've tried to follow a few growers doing it on here but the journals always go dead by 2 weeks in.
If the other plants are larger then I would think this was random rather then genetics. Definitely cool though!
You could even let this male sit on a windowsill until it's ready. Males don't need the same type of lighting from what I read.
Our journal has been going for a long time. Like a year or so. If you decide you don't like ours, there are many people there who are on a lot. Duggan would be a good guy to follow, so would The Red Dragon, Neikodog, Beavis is on a lot, and Nismo12. Dr Ziggy is a good guy to talk to also, not sure if he has a grow going currently, but he's always on. Between all those people and us, there is probably 75 years of growing experience. Any of them would be happy to help too.

Have a great day!

:passitleft:

Our journal has been going for a long time. Like a year or so. If you decide you don't like ours, there are many people there who are on a lot. Duggan would be a good guy to follow, so would The Red Dragon, Neikodog, Beavis is on a lot, and Nismo12. Dr Ziggy is a good guy to talk to also, not sure if he has a grow going currently, but he's always on. Between all those people and us, there is probably 75 years of growing experience. Any of them would be happy to help too.

Have a great day!

:passitleft:

Oh for sure, I was just going thru the thread you and Nismo share. I've chatted with him a few times in passing but never spent the time catching up in your journals.
I'm happy I bumped into you today though . I feel like there's going to be a lot I can learn from in your shared grow. I will also check out the other growers you mentioned!

Little update, he's got some new growth going, and his pollen sacks under the top growth look they're starting to mature nicely, here's a size comparison for you guys so you can see how small he actually is.

420-magazine-mobile566306544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile362251429.jpg

Back
Top Bottom