Does it make any economical or rational sense to veg for a month before flowering?

I've used 12/12 several times, mostly when I don't have a vegged plant ready and there's space in the flowering room.
All good results. It seems sativa and hybrids do better for me. Usually no lolly-popping needed no waste. I've got from 20g's to 4.5oz. No way I'll veg a straight sativa again and have it grow over the lights.

I harvested this Col Gold a few weeks ago, this is her at 6 weeks from seeing hairs, I harvested her at 9. On another site some guy said it looked like a shitty auto flower. 70g of huge solid bud didn't seem to shitty to me.

and this has similar structure, Super SIlver Haze at 2 weeks seeing hairs.

and this is a 4.5oz Papaya from when I first started growing. I followed the book and never picked a leaf.

Papaya 11 wks E.jpg

I've used 12/12 several times, mostly when I don't have a vegged plant ready and there's space in the flowering room.
All good results. It seems sativa and hybrids do better for me. Usually no lolly-popping needed no waste. I've got from 20g's to 4.5oz. No way I'll veg a straight sativa again and have it grow over the lights.

I harvested this Col Gold a few weeks ago, this is her at 6 weeks from seeing hairs, I harvested her at 9. On another site some guy said it looked like a shitty auto flower. 70g of huge solid bud didn't seem to shitty to me.

and this is a 4.5oz Papaya from when I first started growing. I followed the book and never picked a leaf.

Papaya 11 wks E.jpg
Nice. I really believe that, if you are growing in limited space such as a grow tent and growing mid to large genotype strains, 12/12 from seed to harvest is a better growth prohibitor than per se, bending/breaking hurds, topping or any other potential stress inducing methods. I have gotten nugs off several plants weighing over 28g by them selves and posted the pics on this forum. So I know one can get good yields from 12/12 light regiment using both autofems and photos periods with out extraneous methods. Done it my self.

Nice. I really believe that, if you are growing in limited space such as a grow tent and growing mid to large genotype strains, 12/12 from seed to harvest is a better growth prohibitor than per se, bending/breaking hurds, topping or any other potential stress inducing methods. I have gotten nugs off several plants weighing over 28g by them selves and posted the pics on this forum. So I know one can get good yields from 12/12 light regiment using both autofems and photos periods with out extraneous methods. Done it my self.
Looka hea

Screenshot_20210522-203849_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20210522-204329_Firefox.jpg

...By the way let me add a proviso here, if you are one of these people who like to grow trees and veg your plants for two months or more before flowering this thread isnt for you carry on as you are but if like most home growers who have had a quick read of a cultivation book and only veg their plants for 4 weeks before initiating flowering then carry on reading.

I like the way @aphrodisia started off clarifying it's not a debate with the non believers, more of share and learn.:thumb:

does re veg count ...
i revegged clones this run at 18/6 as per usual. it's one thing that won't work at 12/12 lol

took them forever to switch. just got them stable and threw them back in to flower. gone over 100 days. i might make the call with minimal amber showing, so long as there's no clear.

Papaya 11 wks E.jpg

Nice pics. Like you pointed out when growing 12/12 from seed there is very little wastage as the plant just seems to be all solid bud from top to bottom. What I do as well I top my plants when they are about 6 inches tall or as soon as I am able to and that makes them grow several colas instead of just one main cola.

does re veg count ...
i revegged clones this run at 18/6 as per usual. it's one thing that won't work at 12/12 lol

took them forever to switch. just got them stable and threw them back in to flower. gone over 100 days. i might make the call with minimal amber showing, so long as there's no clear.

Done a few reveges in my time too and you get exponentially more bud from a reveg, one time I got 2 oz from a California orange, reveged and flowered it again and ended up with 6 ozs.

Looka hea

Screenshot_20210522-203849_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20210522-204329_Firefox.jpg

You learn something new everyday in this game, all the auto seed breeders will tell you that to get maximum yields from their autos you need to grow them with a minimum of 18/6 lighting and preferably with 20/4 lighting but here you are getting the results you do with just 12/12, thats amazing.
You had a pic of an auto on your site with the thickest stem I have ever seen on an auto, just curious how much did you yield from that?

Done a few reveges in my time too and you get exponentially more bud from a reveg, one time I got 2 oz from a California orange, reveged and flowered it again and ended up with 6 ozs.

these were cuttings. i didn't reveg the mother plants. i just took clones too late. i run two rooms.

one thing no has brought up is a 12/12 light sched can be a strategy for those running a single room or tent. can get more runs in during a yr.

these were cuttings. i didn't reveg the mother plants. i just took clones too late. i run two rooms.

one thing no has brought up is a 12/12 light sched can be a strategy for those running a single room or tent. can get more runs in during a yr.

Yes you can run a perpetual grow all year round using the 12/12 from seed method if for example you only have one tent, have done it myself you just keep adding new plants as you harvest old ones, simples.

You learn something new everyday in this game, all the auto seed breeders will tell you that to get maximum yields from their autos you need to grow them with a minimum of 18/6 lighting and preferably with 20/4 lighting but here you are getting the results you do with just 12/12, thats amazing.
You had a pic of an auto on your site with the thickest stem I have ever seen on an auto, just curious how much did you yield from that?
That stem was AMAZEBALLZ!!! So much that I kept it. The plant was an Autofem Critical Soma 2.0. I got a little over 8oz. But I got more from the Autofem Yumbolt. That entire grow put me close to 2lb in one session.

Screenshot_20210523-062237_Firefox.jpg

Look at this. This came from an Autofem Babushka Black. This grow was from this past December 2020. I didn't document it though. Just grow and smoke. That grow I did the same yields between 1.5lbs and 2lbs. I have done several grows that never made it to these pages. I usually only document grows when I am trying something new.

Screenshot_20210523-063600_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom