Does it make any economical or rational sense to veg for a month before flowering?

you're running 300 watt. not even an efficient 300w at that.

My total monthly electric bill run between $50 and $120 from winter months to summer months.

something's off there. i'm running 600w and doing a bit better on the bill. probably just where i live. i run dimmers at 90% though, it does make a difference.

i'd like you to see you run better light actually. i think you might do even better.

something's off there. i'm running 600w and doing a bit better on the bill. probably just where i live. i run dimmers at 90% though, it does make a difference.

i'd like you to see you run better light actually. i think you might do even better.
Any led suggestions? My budget is not an issue.

And thanks

Any led suggestions? My budget is not an issue.

i built all my own. nunya has a wicked strip rig he built too. most of the guys running big led early built.

there are real good sponsor builders. @Budget LED , @NextLight , @PhotonTek Lighting , @Atreum Lighting , @Parfactworks just joined and is getting some buzz those all get top thought. there are a lot of quantum board and strip builds. its the newest architecture.

we also have @Mars Hydro which is the number one budget builder, and @ViparSpectra just upped their builds and jumped in the game. Bestva is also hanging around but i don't know the tag.

everyone's moved in to white light over the last couple years.

Humm, thank you now I got some research to do and a new diy project coming up. I really appreciate the information. I haven't gave much thought into my current lighting situation and when I did I was mainly focused on color spectrum and pars per foot.

after looking at the lighting i sorta now get an understanding of how you vegged. oddly i think your grow style would work better with autos.

edit: i suspect you might be leaving some trichome production on the table overall as well.

after looking at the lighting i sorta now get an understanding of how you vegged. oddly i think your grow style would work better with autos.
Yes, indeed. True. Light burn was a serious issue for me at first from the long hours. So to offset this problem less time in the play pen. LoL

edti: i suspect you might be leaving some trichome production on the table overall as well.
Now that I did notice in some strains. Plus, some strains had a hard time turning to cloudy then to amber and and stayed clear. To the point once I over flowered a Babushka Black and after the dry and curing process it tasted like old weed.

i built all my own. nunya has a wicked strip rig he built too. most of the guys running big led early built.

there are real good sponsor builders. @Budget LED , @NextLight , @PhotonTek Lighting , @Atreum Lighting , @Parfactworks just joined and is getting some buzz those all get top thought. there are a lot of quantum board and strip builds. its the newest architecture.

we also have @Mars Hydro which is the number one budget builder, and @ViparSpectra just upped their builds and jumped in the game. Bestva is also hanging around but i don't know the tag.

everyone's moved in to white light over the last couple years.
And to my understanding (with no researching, just general knowledge), white light provides a fuller/broader light spectrum, if I am correct.

Humm, thank you now I got some research to do and a new diy project coming up. I really appreciate the information. I haven't gave much thought into my current lighting situation and when I did I was mainly focused on color spectrum and pars per foot.

i wouldn't stress at all if they work for you. the main issue is it's a kitten brand with second tech backbone.
there's room to improve if you feel the itch to go there is all.

Yes, indeed. True. Light burn was a serious issue for me at first from the long hours. So to offset this problem less time in the play pen. LoL

you were running too close and without a dimmer. i run dimmers on all my rigs. led is super directional, even shitty led that can't flower will cause issues if too close. dimmers help negate those problems.

light burn is never an issue in led with a decent rig. it's usually user error.

i wouldn't stress at all if they work for you. the main issue is it's a kitten brand with second tech backbone.
there's room to improve if you feel the itch to go there is all.

you were running too close and without a dimmer. i run dimmers on all my rigs. led is super directional, even shitty led thant cant' flower will cause issues if too close. dimmers help negate those problems.

light burn is never an issue in led with a decent rig. it's usually user error.
Yes to both, too close and no dimmer.

And to my understanding (with no researching, just general knowledge), white light provides a fuller light spectrum, if I am correct.

yes. however there are some at the extremes in far red. UV, etc, that still emit a noticeable color. a lot of builders include a few of these chips in strip and quantum build to get greater spectrum.

i run a secondary ramp up / down set of colored 5050 smd emitters at either end of my light sched, they are built in to the rig, and reduce the number of hours i run full out. they help increase plant production for pennies, as the main rig supplies enough ppfd in the hours it runs. the secondaries just keep me in the day/night cycle. with some other benefits.

Plus, the pink light sucks. To me, that is. Took me awhile to adjust to the color and it stands out like a sore ass at night, hence day time light runs. Which increases the electric usage, fighting the daytime desert heat and indoor generated grow heat with increased a/c usage. I prefer to glow up at night than day time. Not only forthe prior reasons but also I'm a night owl. LoL

Back
Top Bottom