Does it make any economical or rational sense to veg for a month before flowering?

I have had stems snap before because the colas were too heavy to support the weight. So what I do when that happens is, I take small zip ties and wooden sticks (like Popsicle sticks) to support the weak areas.

Do you know how many actual watts your Leds draw from the wall ?

Nope. But when I do start a new run my electric usage only increase by $1.50 per day. And that's not only for lights but fans, pumps and exhaust fan. My most expensive cost is nutes. If I started brewing teas I may save even more. My nutes range from $180 to $225 easily.l
But if I was really was pressed, I could do the math. But at this moment my main concern is that my final product out weighs the input. Costs vs. Reward. If I spend, let's say $350 for genetics, electric, water, nutes and come away with 2LBS of product, I'm winning all day long. LoL

My total cost per grow is about $18 for electricity per month.
About $20 for amendments in between grows.
And probably $10-$15 in extraneous odds and ends like coconut water, Aloe Vera, etc.

So about $110 per grow
Also as for my estimate, it's on the far end of the spectrum. Cause, I buy nutes in bulk and seeds in bulk. My only costs then are electric and water. Which would run me on the large end of $90 in electric costs and mere pennies in water.

I also won a High Times magazine contest some twenty years ago by writing an essay on different methods of producing female only seeds. They sent me a bunch of swag and a boat load of seeds from Canada.
is there a link or do you have the methods posted on here?

do you recognize which cover your article was in?
The Complete High Times Archive
Nope, I looked at the covers from 1998 thru 2002 and all of them looked familiar because I had all of them before. Plus, it'll give away my true identity (insert origin story here) (LoL). But I do remember what I wrote about, if that'll help. My essay was on various methods to induce female only seeds using stress and chemicals/hormones. As for stress, by never allowing the plant to finish its budding cycle by prolonging the flowering period until it produces a male clustered stem with female only genes and using irregular lighting schedules after flowering (may cause hermies). Now, as for a chemical/hormonal induction, I wrote about the effects of Gibberellic acid and Colloidal Silver, both on each ones own pros, cons, benefits and adverse (potentially deadly) side effects.

thanks CD, I thought there may have been some old trick I never heard of.

I've had a lot of trouble with CS and STS, but I think it's the strain. My Widow is to finicky and shes clone of clone over 30 generations. I get lots of pods but very very little pollen.. I only get a few seeds, but with other strains I get dozens.

thanks CD, I thought there may have been some old trick I never heard of.

I've had a lot of trouble with CS and STS, but I think it's the strain. My Widow is to finicky and shes clone of clone over 30 generations. I get lots of pods but very very little pollen.. I only get a few seeds, but with other strains I get dozens.
Sure, no problem. Cool. Once, I got an old tymie female sativa to grow a male stem back in 2005 and she produced a ton of seeds on one particular female budded stalk but I never had the time to grow any out to full potential so I seeded an entire field in one state before I moved to a entire different state. LoL... But I never used chems nor hormones.

Look at this. This came from an Autofem Babushka Black. This grow was from this past December 2020. I didn't document it though. Just grow and smoke. That grow I did the same yields between 1.5lbs and 2lbs. I have done several grows that never made it to these pages. I usually only document grows when I am trying something new.

Screenshot_20210523-063600_Gallery.jpg
Babushka... lol you know what Babushka is right??

In Russia they sell plastic bags and or flowers on the street in front of the grocery store. If you fogot something, they will have it. In Russia you bring your own containers to the store they fill them up for you.

Russia is where the Rudaralis comes from and btw right now they don't have night time. It stays light out and why AUTOs can flower in all that light. In September only like 6 hrs light.

I dont have a point.

I am digging my new MarsHydro FC-6500 in my 5x5. Complete coverage.

I veg 24/0 then down to 18/6 then into flower 11/13. Sativa I go into flower sooner IF I have room. I'm running perpetual flowering. Chop drop hang and move a VEG plant into flower.

Extras... VEG some more or go outside. We just had a frost scare this weekend. Outdoor plants did not like 40F. What doesn't kill them makes then stronger. Plus bugs b-gone.

Sometimes I use a smaller pot to contain stretch.

I've never done 12/12 from seed. Heck my seeds and seedlings get 24/0 for several weeks.

Count up total photons per plant. It will be directly associated with yields.

Firm believer in that. Why equatorial sativa need 8 months or more to finish.

Very difficult to cheat mother nature. I try and duplicate it as much as I can.

I did veg this one for about 2 months. I kept cutting her back. I vegged her just to bring her to maturity and cut her down to 2 branches for flowering. She’s not your typical alien cookie fire og glue lady though. She’ll run a 4x4 tent away even 12/12 from seed. She’ll continue to grow for another 3 weeks before she settles down to flower. First pics are of her when I cut her back May 1st, potted up, and flipped to flower. Last pic is 26 days later..

788E6B4A-D547-44A8-A739-56E12CB65E5D.jpeg
69BA810E-82DA-47FA-ABA3-53C38E6200F5.jpeg
0BA210DB-671C-407E-9D47-D51CA488A38C.jpeg
5AD56E9A-7A24-4802-ADD5-073D322454F2.jpeg

Babushka... lol you know what Babushka is right??

In Russia they sell plastic bags and or flowers on the street in front of the grocery store. If you fogot something, they will have it. In Russia you bring your own containers to the store they fill them up for you.

Russia is where the Rudaralis comes from and btw right now they don't have night time. It stays light out and why AUTOs can flower in all that light. In September only like 6 hrs light.

I dont have a point.

I am digging my new MarsHydro FC-6500 in my 5x5. Complete coverage.

I veg 24/0 then down to 18/6 then into flower 11/13. Sativa I go into flower sooner IF I have room. I'm running perpetual flowering. Chop drop hang and move a VEG plant into flower.

Extras... VEG some more or go outside. We just had a frost scare this weekend. Outdoor plants did not like 40F. What doesn't kill them makes then stronger. Plus bugs b-gone.

Sometimes I use a smaller pot to contain stretch.

I've never done 12/12 from seed. Heck my seeds and seedlings get 24/0 for several weeks.

Count up total photons per plant. It will be directly associated with yields.

Firm believer in that. Why equatorial sativa need 8 months or more to finish.

Very difficult to cheat mother nature. I try and duplicate it as much as I can.
Yes, Babushka is the Russian word for grandmother.

there's a section in my town where all the Polish/Russian settled, they all wear

ba·bush·ka

noun: babushka; plural noun: babushkas
  1. (in Poland and Russia) an old woman or grandmother.
    • North American
      a headscarf tied under the chin, typical of those worn by Polish and Russian women.

Back
Top Bottom