First time growing need help!

Clutch420

This is my first time growing, but I'm just missing one thing, I need a good growing medium available in eastern Ontario Canada, I need a good soil/fertilizer, that I can get, I've tried getting FoxFarm's Oceans and Forests, but sadly I can't get it, it's on Amazon but the prices are ridiculous, it's $35 per US quart, if anyone has any information on what soil I could use please help me out!

If you want to know what equipment I am using just, shoot me a message.

t
This is my first time growing, but I'm just missing one thing, I need a good growing medium available in eastern Ontario Canada, I need a good soil/fertilizer, that I can get, I've tried getting FoxFarm's Oceans and Forests, but sadly I can't get it, it's on Amazon but the prices are ridiculous, it's $35 per US quart, if anyone has any information on what soil I could use please help me out!

If you want to know what equipment I am using just, shoot me a message.
I use Prom-Mix HP, which you can pick up at Lowes or Home Depot, or even Canadian Tire.
The HP is actually a soiless soil. It is pretty much neutral, and allows you more control with your feedings.

And Welcome to :420:

You will find knowledgeable friendly growers here. You may want to start your own grow journal. It's never too early. That way people can help with your setup and your grow, as well as follow along with encouragement.
:cheer:

Do you have any tips or tricks regarding feedings, what I should use and how?
Sure. I use city tap water, your mileage may vary. I feed when the pots feel light. Best way to get used to this is to have one pot just filled with your medium, dry, and then fill another one and add water until it drains. Lift the pots and feel the difference. When the pot your plant is in feels like the dry one, its time to water. I use fabric pots, but any pot with good drainage will work. I also have my pots sitting on a rack above the drainage saucer, to keep the bottom of the pot from sitting in water.
When I water/feed, I add until about 10% drainage is in the saucer. For me, my feeds are 4-5 days apart.
During veg, I use the hydro store house brand Total Nutrition 3-1-3, and for flowering,, I use hydro store house brand "The Stuff". You can basically get by with any veg nutes and bloom nutes. Cannabis specific just makes it easier. Throughout the grow, there are supplements and additives that you can use. CalMag is generally in everyones arsenal. I also use, Terpinator, Massive, and Cannazym, but you can complete a grow without these. Try to keep it simple. Always start your nutes at about 1/2 strength.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Nutes seem to be a real personal thing. If you can find a hydro store close by, go and talk to them, see what they recommend. But the best thing to do is visit some journals that are doing similar to what you want to do, and see what they use.
I don't have the big bucks for all the fancy stuff, so I go with the store brand. The only supplements I use are what I mentioned a couple posts ago.
You'll figure it out :)

Nutes seem to be a real personal thing. If you can find a hydro store close by, go and talk to them, see what they recommend. But the best thing to do is visit some journals that are doing similar to what you want to do, and see what they use.
I don't have the big bucks for all the fancy stuff, so I go with the store brand. The only supplements I use are what I mentioned a couple posts ago.
You'll figure it out :)

Do I need nutes in order for a decent grow?

I grow in coco coir which is great for first time growers like ourselves :D you have to watch cal/mag issues with it though especially if you are using LEDs

Do I need nutes in order for a decent grow?
You will need at least basic nutes. You don't have to go overboard though, which can be easily done :)
My first grow I just used store house brand veg nutes (3-1-3) and house brand "The Stuff" (bloom) for flowering. Also had Calmag, as I use LED. Got almost 7 oz from 2 plants in a 2 x 4 x 6 tent. Extra long veg though (accidently courtesy of timer issues)
But yup, you are gonna have to feed them something.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom