CMH lighting

ohnolowe

Just finishing up with my 6'x8' grow room and will be needing to set up my grow system. wondering what everyones thought are on CMH lighting compared to HPS?

I have never used an HPS. But I like my Sun System 315 CMH. It looks better than sunlight. Excellent even coverage for my 3' by 3' 5'10' tall tent. I have to keep it away (28 " at least) from the plants during veg or they will wilt (even though I keep the canopy at 85 F or less). I leave the tent open in warm weather. Sometimes I put in my Spectrum King 140 watt closet case instead to keep the temperatures down during heat waves.

The light is warming so it's great for seed sprouting. But this can be a problem when the weather is hot. It gives off UV radiation that kills mold and makes the plants stronger and more resistant to disease. The UV also causes the plants to produce more terpenes and resin.

I have flowered with the CMH and had good results on my first grow. Maybe an HPS will get bigger buds but they may not have the quality. I am thinking about adding a red led to boost flowering. Or maybe a low wattage HPS just to maybe get more yield.

Back
Top Bottom