LED vs HPS

verllar

Hello, which one is more worth? Buy hps per 4 grows, or buy led for 10?years
Whats difference betweeen yield, problems etc?

Expensive quality leds can compete with HPS and even beat them in performance. But I think I would choose HPS over a very cheap LED. You get what you're willing to pay for in the world of LED

Hello, which one is more worth? Buy hps per 4 grows, or buy led for 10?years
Whats difference betweeen yield, problems etc?

Leds can help you save electricity, water and nutrients. Leds have longer lifespan, leds is your better choice in the long run. You can choose high end or middle end leds as your budget and what you will grow.
Hope it is useful for you.

Combination of both.. forget having a light for ten years, that's not realistic... you'll want the next phase in few years time.. leds from three years ago have now been superseded and discontinued.. not to mention the decrease in light/lumens/par, what ever you want to call it.. The slow uptake of nutrients is a positive, if you can only get to your grow occasionally and fall in yield is a fair trade.. decrease of heat is debatable, as they vent air into tent. They have in my area though, which has been a negative, as I struggle to reach temp... leds grow nice flowers just as traditional lighting or cmh lec does.. all sources grow them in a different way.. there's not really one light for all environments imho... high end is a waste, minimally better than hPs except price. If status is your thing or a budget isn't, that would be only need to pay that price, at the moment.. mid range, you should be able to buy at relative same price that hPs would cost. Hps about $300 plus $75 every 6 months, 600 real watts of leds, 3x 200w panels, around $750, should get few years out of them. I believe stay at equal watts for similar results.. theres variables in everything..

I would say that no matter what you select, the most important thing is to have a backup if something should break.

In LED sometimes power supplies need to be replaced and/or other parts. If i did not have a backup light i would have been so fucked several times

Back
Top Bottom