Grow light on seeds

Red3

Hi, I would like to know if a 15 watt led grow light is alright to use over my seeds that are in soil to get them to germinate? Thanks!

Hello Red3,

Did you germinate the seeds before planting? I use the cup of water/paper towel method before planting with tweezers. Crop King seeds has how to do this on their website. Look under GERMINATION on their home page.

In response to your question, my friend who has been growing for decades uses fluorescents for the growth stage. I'd stick them under one of those. Last year I just had my seedlings on the windowsill before they got moved outside. They stretched trying to reach the sun and were not as strong in the stem as they should have been because of it.

You don't say what your circumstances are. Is your space or budget limited? Is privacy a concern? Did you order seeds or were they found or donated? First indoor grow? Have you grown outside before?

We are here to help if we can. Let us know.

Peace.

Hello, Thank you for the info! This is my first indoor grow. No I didnt germinate the seeds before planting. I ordered the seeds from a Canada business. And yes I grew my first two plants outside last year, which turned out GREAT! My space is a 6x6. And yes privacy is a concern since it is not legal in NC as of yet. Thats why I decided to try and grow inside this time. Appreciate any help! ☺

Always best to germinate so you know for sure your not planting duds. I do the same with almost all vegetable seeds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello, Thank you for the info! This is my first indoor grow. No I didnt germinate the seeds before planting. I ordered the seeds from a Canada business. And yes I grew my first two plants outside last year, which turned out GREAT! My space is a 6x6. And yes privacy is a concern since it is not legal in NC as of yet. Thats why I decided to try and grow inside this time. Appreciate any help! ☺

Hey Red3,

Do you have a grow tent?

Have you figured out your lighting yet. A 6X6 space will require lots of light (any grow does). Unless you live alone and don't socialize, the smell of cannabis will give you away. Take time and prepare your grow for the odour the plants create. I happen to love it, but many don't.

There is a wealth of knowledge to be found here on 420. Cruise through the Grow Room subjects and get educated.

I forgot to ask, are you a recreational or medical user? Both?

Peace.

Hey there,
I have led lights....30 watts...150 watts...600 watts. I ve took seeds out of the soil and put them in spring water to soak for 12-18 hours then I will put them in a wet papertowel as you suggested. I read the article also on germination. I know I thought about the smell of the plants. I dont have that much company. Private person...☺ The couple of very close friends I have is very trustworthy do the smell is no problem. I love the smell too..lol. I smoke recreational. CANT WAIT TIL ITS LEGALIZED>>>LOL.
Thank you for your advice and help. Really helps. Any suggestions on the lights. Will be growing 4-5 auto fem White Widow plants.

I do this these are apalacian super skunk found in dispensary bag

420-magazine-mobile725739075.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1966787606.jpg

I use a Kay jewelers case from my girls necklace and some cotton rounds 1.99 moat places separate the cotton round get damp place on seeds and wet it thoroughly than close case put 18 inches from light like a t5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No problem anything to help I was a beginner 3 months ago and now most my seeds I germ grow 97 percent like this with a bag over it sandwich baggy misted like a greenhouse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Closetop,
Question please.....I ordered my seeds from a business in canada in november last year...white widow...I have had them germinating for 6 days now with only one seed that is sprouting. I soaked them in spring water for 16 hours in a glass ....then put them in a wet papertowel in the dark. Does that mean the other seeds are bad? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom