My First Organic Soil & Autoflower Grow

drawingablank

So I'm pretty new at this, I've grown hydroponics before with blue dream and deep Mandarin, the other three plants didn't make it to harvest and the ones that did had a foul taste and virtually no effect. Most of those buds were used in making some surprisingly potent brownies, however.
Here's my journal so far

Critical Jack autos

Day one 12/5/17 - 3pm Put two out of the five seeds to germinate in inflated baggie with warm soaked unbleached Dunkin napkin and set next to radiator under my hat, here goes nothing!

Day two 12/6 - 10:40 am after research I decided the spot was too cold so I removed the bag and put the plate in the boiler room where the seeds will be warmer and hopefully get some oxygen too. The napkin was still too wet for me to check the seeds.
8pm - checked on the seeds... Holy moly did that napkin dry out. I mean bone dry! I got a new napkin and moved the seeds into it with some slightly warmer water. Covered with another paper plate to help slow down the evaporation. As far as I can tell it looks like one of the two seeds cracked but in an unusual way I hope it wasn't from drying out too fast.

Day three 12/7 10 am - the napkin in the boiler room got so dry. The seeds seemed to shrink back down I hope they didn't die on me. I figured I'd give them the water test and see if they're still floating tonight. That being said I put the third cja seed into wet paper towel between paper plates. That one is staying in my room until I see at least one of the three hatch.
I really can't wait to see my babies!

Day four 12/8 - when I checked the floaters this morning they hadn't sunk yet but with a little poke they sank, so I moved them all to the same napkin. I went out this morning to pick up a heating pad trays and soil. They just got roots organic so I'm going to give that a try. Nobody has hatched yet, but I'm hoping the heating pad will help expedite the germination.

Day five 12/9 9 am still no sign of life. Napkin is getting dried out just as fast as if I'd left them in the boiler room.
9pm bone dry again when I got home. Still no sign of life. I might have gotten dead seeds . one last try with the plastic bag to seal in moisture. I pray these seeds will hatch...

Day six 12/10 9am one seed hatched! It was planted with clay pellets at the bottom of the bag and roots organic!

Day seven 12/11 went to water and check on it the water pushed it to the surface I reburied it. I have created CO2 By combining water yeast and sugar in 3 two liter bottles

Day eight 12/12 two more seeds had popped. They were planted however these two I forgot to put clay pellets at the bottom so now all 3 have pellets in the tray.

Day nine 12/13 the first baby poked her head out of the dirt. She's the one in the back left. Still has her little helmet on. The pellet stove has been playing a major roll in keeping temps up so I figured I'd start it up and keep it going
420-magazine-mobile2138985838.jpg

re: My First Organic Soil & Autoflower Grow

So I'm pretty new at this, I've grown hydroponics before with blue dream and deep Mandarin, the other three plants didn't make it to harvest and the ones that did had a foul taste and virtually no effect. Most of those buds were used in making some surprisingly potent brownies, however.
Here's my journal so far

Critical Jack autos

Day one 12/5/17 - 3pm Put two out of the five seeds to germinate in inflated baggie with warm soaked unbleached Dunkin napkin and set next to radiator under my hat, here goes nothing!

Day two 12/6 - 10:40 am after research I decided the spot was too cold so I removed the bag and put the plate in the boiler room where the seeds will be warmer and hopefully get some oxygen too. The napkin was still too wet for me to check the seeds.
8pm - checked on the seeds... Holy moly did that napkin dry out. I mean bone dry! I got a new napkin and moved the seeds into it with some slightly warmer water. Covered with another paper plate to help slow down the evaporation. As far as I can tell it looks like one of the two seeds cracked but in an unusual way I hope it wasn't from drying out too fast.

Day three 12/7 10 am - the napkin in the boiler room got so dry. The seeds seemed to shrink back down I hope they didn't die on me. I figured I'd give them the water test and see if they're still floating tonight. That being said I put the third cja seed into wet paper towel between paper plates. That one is staying in my room until I see at least one of the three hatch.
I really can't wait to see my babies!

Day four 12/8 - when I checked the floaters this morning they hadn't sunk yet but with a little poke they sank, so I moved them all to the same napkin. I went out this morning to pick up a heating pad trays and soil. They just got roots organic so I'm going to give that a try. Nobody has hatched yet, but I'm hoping the heating pad will help expedite the germination.

Day five 12/9 9 am still no sign of life. Napkin is getting dried out just as fast as if I'd left them in the boiler room.
9pm bone dry again when I got home. Still no sign of life. I might have gotten dead seeds . one last try with the plastic bag to seal in moisture. I pray these seeds will hatch...

Day six 12/10 9am one seed hatched! It was planted with clay pellets at the bottom of the bag and roots organic!

Day seven 12/11 went to water and check on it the water pushed it to the surface I reburied it. I have created CO2 By combining water yeast and sugar in 3 two liter bottles

Day eight 12/12 two more seeds had popped. They were planted however these two I forgot to put clay pellets at the bottom so now all 3 have pellets in the tray.

Day nine 12/13 the first baby poked her head out of the dirt. She's the one in the back left. Still has her little helmet on. The pellet stove has been playing a major roll in keeping temps up so I figured I'd start it up and keep it going
420-magazine-mobile2138985838.jpg
And here we grow!!! Welcome to 420 magazine. Next time when germinating seeds try and leave them in the water a bit longer until you see a tail. Once you see a tail do the paper towel method. Remember not to let the paper towel dry out whatsoever. Once you have a tail at about a quarter inch plant them. You may have better results germinating that way. Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye in your journal

If you get bored check out my journals. You'll see some autoflowers. You might like my plants a bit

Thanks DA, I'm still pretty inexperienced, but after lots of research I think this grow will go much better than the last one. I figured my impatience got the best of me last time around. I'll check out your journals later after work. Happy growing!

Thanks DA, I'm still pretty inexperienced, but after lots of research I think this grow will go much better than the last one. I figured my impatience got the best of me last time around. I'll check out your journals later after work. Happy growing!
No worries if you need any questions asked don't be shy. I'll be happy to help

So today's morning entry (12/14) went to water and check on my baby girls, the humidity was low at 20%. After running the shower in the next room for a while I took the seed casing off and in 20 minutes she opened her cotyledons. By that time the humidity raised to 31%. Better, but still not ideal.
How do you guys raise your humidity if you don't have a humidifier? Would you recommend putting a glass over it or would it not make a difference?

Re: My First Organic Soil & Autoflower Grow

So today's morning entry (12/14) went to water and check on my baby girls, the humidity was low at 20%. After running the shower in the next room for a while I took the seed casing off and in 20 minutes she opened her cotyledons. By that time the humidity raised to 31%. Better, but still not ideal.
How do you guys raise your humidity if you don't have a humidifier? Would you recommend putting a glass over it or would it not make a difference?
Awesome, there is the journal I was just asking about LOL..... You don't waste any time!

For seedlings, you can cut the top off a water bottle flip it upside down and put it over top of your little ones... if you have a little money to spend as you know you will use it again in the future you could buy a humidity Dome, making sure to get the tall ones.

Good morning everyone! Here's today's entry (12/15)
So it's been 3 days since I've planted the other two seeds, only about a day before that I planted the one that's already grown above ground and still growing pretty nicely under a bottle. So I'm wondering if it's normal or should I be counting them dead cuz they haven't poked out yet?
I know I'm very impatient but I'm working on it lol
But anyway back to the entry, I've put a cut empty bottle on top of my one seedling that's popped up so far and she seems to be enjoying it. The humidity outside the bottle however was almost 10%, I'm honestly debating getting a humidifier. But first let's see if I can't cheap one out. So I thought if the pellet stove in the same room is always hot, maybe I can set a glass jar full of water on top and it'll heat up and make vapor, right?! So I'll check humidity later and see if my little science experiment works.

Good morning everyone! Here's today's entry (12/15)
So it's been 3 days since I've planted the other two seeds, only about a day before that I planted the one that's already grown above ground and still growing pretty nicely under a bottle. So I'm wondering if it's normal or should I be counting them dead cuz they haven't poked out yet?
I know I'm very impatient but I'm working on it lol
But anyway back to the entry, I've put a cut empty bottle on top of my one seedling that's popped up so far and she seems to be enjoying it. The humidity outside the bottle however was almost 10%, I'm honestly debating getting a humidifier. But first let's see if I can't cheap one out. So I thought if the pellet stove in the same room is always hot, maybe I can set a glass jar full of water on top and it'll heat up and make vapor, right?! So I'll check humidity later and see if my little science experiment works.
Definitely a great idea, I remember as a child at the cottage in the winter time my parents would put a large aluminum pot full of snow on top of the stove once it got going in order to melt it and use for water for cooking Etc. It always steamed up all of the windows in the cottage due to poor air exchange, voila higher humidity.

Nice! Be careful of the water droplets on your plants. They'll act as mini magnifying glasses on the leaves and can cause burning. Never water or mist directly onto them when it's lights on!

I love the seedling stage... they look great!

Hey guys thanks for the tips and for following, it's been a pretty busy weekend so I hadn't any time to update but today 12/18- over the weekend the third sprout popped out of the dirt. I've been making sure to water them every morning and mist at night. I kinda figured the water droplets could burn the leaves but so far it's been fine I keep my 1000w LED about 3 feet away. Even with the humidifier I can't keep humidity above 25% so I've been trying to keep them moist until they get a bit bigger. The oldest of the trio has some scarring from the seed that got stuck on the cotyledon, but other than that they seem to be stretching their leaves out nicely. When do you guys start LST on autos?
420-magazine-mobile464717918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile210842397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1276213207.jpg

They look great my friend, I start my LST as soon as I can. Also depends on how long you were veg is.

So here we are 12/19 seems everything is going smoothly. How much and how often would you water seedlings? They definitely are growing out their leaves and not stretching too much which is awesome
420-magazine-mobile166704293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile264609468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile782745881.jpg

Good morning so today 12/20 I decided to rearrange my grow tent a bit now everything is more centralized under the light, which I lowered about 3". The youngest seems to be stopped, it's not getting visibly larger every day like the other two, who've already sprouted their second set of true leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1984616163.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1071289489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1909114757.jpg
420-magazine-mobile418914680.jpg

Just so you know , it is a pet peeve of a lot of members when pictures are taken with the purple LED lights on. Just makes things difficult to see.

Your girls are fine.....patience.....remember lol. One day you'll be saying exactly the same thing to a new member. You'll be smoking your girls on St Pattys!

Good to know, but I do try to get decent pictures. I have zero patience but I'm working on it lol.. isn't it bad to snap pictures after lights out? What do you recommend?

Just turn your light off with the switch for the 30 seconds that you'd be snapping shots. No harm done, like a cloud passing by the sun.......a huge dark fkn cloud lol.

Back
Top Bottom