Aunt Gracies Frugal Grow, or how to grow your own with things you already own.

Can asparagus be grown indoors? I love asparagus.

Anything can be grown indoors, but I wouldn't recommend Aspargus. It's a plant that you harvest for only a few weeks at a time (specifically in the spring). Asparagus is perennial and doesn't really start producing until the second year. Every year you harvest a little then let the plant grow and go to seed. In the winter cut it back to ground level. Spring rolls around and you harvest the first couple weeks of new shoots. Then again, let it grow out. Mine are 4th year this year. No better Asparagus than home grown, fresh snapped off. I eat it raw it's so tender!

Can asparagus be grown indoors? I love asparagus.

I'am sure you can grow it indoors, that parts no big deal!
the thing about things like that is you might get one dinners worth! same with green beans.
I plant a garden every year and somethings are just better to go buy:) cause it aint worth the space, time or trouble.
but then again you can try and good luck!

I'am sure you can grow it indoors, that parts no big deal!
the thing about things like that is you might get one dinners worth! same with green beans.
I plant a garden every year and somethings are just better to go buy:) cause it aint worth the space, time or trouble.
but then again you can try and good luck!

Well with the price of asparagus these days, thought it would be better to grow your own. Around here they're over 3 bucks a pound.

Thank you all for checking on my new babies, I think I'll give them names.

Okay, I've got names for the new baby twins, not identitical, but born on the same day. The Strawberry Sour Diesel's given name will be Baby Jane, and the Sour Kush will be Blanche. Bette Davis had red hair/so strawberry fits her, and Joan Crawford was known for her hot sour temper, she's the Sour Kush.

Hi grace just checking in:dreamy: your darlings are looking good! Stepping back out into the interwebs now but I will be back around to see how your doing.

I tried doing names on my second grow. Named some after folks on True Blood and others named after forum members using a slight variation of their name. But I like your choices.

Thanks Queen, I saw someone else named their babies, and thought, it's easier then writing out their full names, so, we have Baby Jane the strawberry Sour diesel and blanche the sour Kush/they're in the grow room now with the other 12/12 plants, but am pulling it out to window sill while the 12 is lights out.

Back
Top Bottom