Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

You inspired me to play with some sts on some auto cuttings.

Here's to hoping it works!

So you are taking cuttings off of autoflower plants and I assume getting them to root and treating them with STS? I'd be curious how that works for you. Cuttings off of autos are the same age as the plant from which they were taken so I'm not sure you would have enough time to get the plant to produce pollen sacks to make the seeds.

So you are taking cuttings off of autoflower plants and I assume getting them to root and treating them with STS? I'd be curious how that works for you. Cuttings off of autos are the same age as the plant from which they were taken so I'm not sure you would have enough time to get the plant to produce pollen sacks to make the seeds.
I've read a bit on it, and it seems to be something that a few auto breeders do.
your right, there won't be enough time to get pollen, and pollinate seeds most likely, but the reading I've done seems to suggest that viable pollen can be made from the auto clones.
That pollen will then be used next grow for some seeds . Right now I'm just playing around, and just seeing what comes from it.
I doubt my auto clones have even rooted yet :laughtwo: , but they're in hempy solos and got their first STS treatment last night.
I've successfully cloned autos before, and then let them die off. Just to practice my cloning in perlite.

I haven't posted any of it yet, it's just an extra challenge for myself.

When I'm making auto seeds (S1 or crosses) I start treating the two very bottom branches that many growers cut off. I start treating them with colloidal silver when they are about an inch or so in length. I keep treating those two branches until I see a good number of pollen sacks forming. By starting the treating with CS as early as possible so far I have been able to pollinate the plant I reversed to make the S1 seeds. I might have to let the pollinated part of the plant run a little longer to give the seeds time to mature completely but that's okay with me. Once everything I want to pollinate is pollinated I remove the pollen branches and dispose of them.

Pretty sproutlings! Here's what they can look like with the fans stripped off at harvest:
full

Flip day 73 for the record.

When I'm making auto seeds (S1 or crosses) I start treating the two very bottom branches that many growers cut off. I start treating them with colloidal silver when they are about an inch or so in length. I keep treating those two branches until I see a good number of pollen sacks forming. By starting the treating with CS as early as possible so far I have been able to pollinate the plant I reversed to make the S1 seeds. I might have to let the pollinated part of the plant run a little longer to give the seeds time to mature completely but that's okay with me. Once everything I want to pollinate is pollinated I remove the pollen branches and dispose of them.

That actually was the way I had considered, but decided to give it a go this way, more on a whim to give it a whirl.

I've already clipped those lower branches off and disposed of them (the ones you mention).

So I figured what the heck, why not spray some on a cutting. Worse case I waste a bit of STS.

I've got reg auto beans to pop anyways to get some pollen, and will be playing with those as well in due time.

And while I'm not doing the same way as you, your continued success has given me an itch :rofl:

What dilution are you using? I wasn't happy with the results of the oft-seen 10% solution so I'm going to 50% next time per this video.

(He calls it colloidal silver at the top but he misspoke.)
Great question, wish I knew :rofl:

I'm not sure on posting the link, so I'll PM both of you the product.

I've got reg auto beans to pop anyways to get some pollen, and will be playing with those as well in due time.
I too have some reg autoflower seeds. Not a bunch but enough to make some S1 seeds if I come across a strain I like. I have already grown a female of one of the reg seeds out and pollinated her with pollen from a Fast Buds Lemon Pie auto.

I stared off initially with Colloidal silver and have had excellent success with it. I've had only 2 strains that I was unable to reverse successfully and both did make pollen sacks but they were not viable. So until the CS quits working for me I'll continue to use it.

The four Mephisto Double Grape autos have started to take off after their first feeding of nutrients. They are growing much slower then I had anticipated considering the environment they are in. They are at sprout +17 days today and just showing the very beginnings of side branching starting.

The Golden Tiger youngsters are coming along nicely. I'm slow growing them at this point giving them enough of what they need to stay healthy but not pushing them at all.

Looking great Beez, or more like picture perfect health :green_heart:

The Golden Tiger plants received their first nutrients today and first watering since I planted the seeds in those 1/3 gallon pots. I topped all three of them today above the fifth node. I'm going to guess 2 boys and 1 girl.

Back
Top Bottom