420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

You know, I’m thinking what the hell. Since I already posted on your page, here we are 20 days later…
IMG_4418.jpeg
IMG_4418.jpeg
IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg
How do I always screw up my replies?

Crazy how the color looks different in a change of lighting. Rigged up my daughters vanity mirror infront of the tent and tried to use it as a black backdrop with low lighting. I use the auto white balance and that's how they came out. Trippy, right
Sometimes grow lights are a PITA when it comes to pictures. Here's some info on a sure fire way to fix it - put a "gray scale" card somewhere in the frame.

When you find a picture that has funky colors, you can adjust the color in the picture app that comes with your computer (it's Photos on macOS and, apparently "Microsoft Photos" on Windows).

Once you get "Photos" open, you can click on the "gray card" widget (it will probably open an eye dropper) and then just click on the gray scale card.

So I had a chance to go back and color correct those shots. Seriously, any photographers out there willing to give me a crash course on the subject I'd appreciate it!😁
20240126_182842.jpg
20240126_182902.jpg
20240126_182931.jpg
20240126_182951.jpg
20240126_183004.jpg
20240126_183031.jpg
Fire up your browser and search for tutorials on how to "color correct". macOS and Windows both have apps that will handle a lot of photo retouching chores.

Things that I see? They're all really close to being color correct.

Photo #1 is good but your mid-greens are too light. For the rest of them, you've "blown out the highlights" meaning that so much light of that color has hit the sensor that you've lost detail. That's not uncommon when taking photos of cannabis under a grow light.

For one, there's huge "dynamic range" (lots of black areas and dark colors as well as lots of very bright colors and areas with very intense light). Add in the fact that phone cameras have tiny sensors and it's very hard to get something…picture perfect.

To stop blowing out the highlights, when you go to take a picture, put your finger on the image I your phone that is the brightest area in the picture. Your camera will meter correctly for that so you'll get more/lots of/more of/all of the detail in those very bright areas.

That will leave the dark areas looking very dark. You should be able to lighten the dark areas to get the "shadow detail".

I post process using macOS photos and I end up using a tool to "set the white point".

Oh, forgot to mention - many thanks for putting the "time line" in your writeup. It's really helpful.

All the text in double quotes are key words that will help get your photos looking better. They're really good now but a couple of changes will make a difference.

Sometimes grow lights are a PITA when it comes to pictures. Here's some info on a sure fire way to fix it - put a "gray scale" card somewhere in the frame.

When you find a picture that has funky colors, you can adjust the color in the picture app that comes with your computer (it's Photos on macOS and, apparently "Microsoft Photos" on Windows).

Once you get "Photos" open, you can click on the "gray card" widget (it will probably open an eye dropper) and then just click on the gray scale card.
Brilliant thank you!

So just got done bagging Trina up, little over 7.5oz dried. About 3oz of decent sized buds, alot of smaller buds, but to be expected without training. I will let these cure and report back on my birthday😉
Congratulations on the harvest & :happy-birthday: :yahoo::woohoo::rollit::passitleft:
How's it smokin ?

Congratulations on the harvest & :happy-birthday: :yahoo::woohoo::rollit::passitleft:
How's it smokin ?
So.... I had a whole plan to save a certain bag to open for today.... asked the wife to get it for me while I was taking some bday calls.... and she opened a bag of smalls. Figured I'd enjoy the day and I will be back noon my time tomorrow to do a full on

So far, the smalls have a great high but very subtle on the nose and flavor dept. She is a creeper, probably a good 5 to 10 minutes for full onset to come on, but it washes over you gently and gives you a nice dreamy feeling. You are totally able to function if you want, or just get "lost in the weeds," so to speak. It's one of those highs that if you want to be active you can, or you can just space out.

So.... I had a whole plan to save a certain bag to open for today.... asked the wife to get it for me while I was taking some bday calls.... and she opened a bag of smalls. Figured I'd enjoy the day and I will be back noon my time tomorrow to do a full on

So far, the smalls have a great high but very subtle on the nose and flavor dept. She is a creeper, probably a good 5 to 10 minutes for full onset to come on, but it washes over you gently and gives you a nice dreamy feeling. You are totally able to function if you want, or just get "lost in the weeds," so to speak. It's one of those highs that if you want to be active you can, or you can just space out.
You had me at washes over you gently…nice grow 2Water. Cheers

FINAL SMOKE REPORT:
20240302_114058.jpg

Strain:
Canuk Seeds Trainwreck #6 "Trina"
Type: Sativa dominant
Grown By: Me, Indoors, LED, in living organic soil amended with Down To Earth 333, Bio-Fish, Bio-Live, and watered with a drop of raw unpasteurized unfiltered organic honey
THC %: Listed by Canuk Seeds as 24%, and my body gauge would definitely agree with mid 20s.
Trichome Development: Not as coated as some other cultivars, but some of the biggest trichome heads I've seen. Harvested at mostly all cloudy with minimal clear and amber
Curing Time: At time of final report, dried for 9 days and cured for 3 weeks, curing in Grove Bags
Bud Density: medium density, grinds nicely, not too sticky but tons of kief
Time From Seed Sprout to Harvest: Day 110 since Sprout/ Day 69 since flip / Day 61 of Flower
Final Yield: 7.5oz
Aroma: Upon opening the Grove bag there is a light citrus smell with some underlying pine and a slight almost herbal aroma to it very very subtle upon opening the bag. Grinding brings out the baby sick smell, but subtle again, and with the overlaying citrus sweet/pine note. Nothing like the loud smells emitting while in flower.
Smoke: Slight sweet spiciness, back of throat (where the resin sticks) there is a hint of a sweet mandarin orange if you ate it with the peel on. Smoked 2 bowls at 11:48, first bowl of the day. Very smooth, slight chest expansion on second bowl. Slow build of soft buzzing from head through body to toes. Feeling is like waking up from a vivid dream but without the grogginess. Really easy to function, doing dishes from breakfast was enjoyable, but once that was done and I could zone out to some music, that is where the magic began. Music seems more interactive, I can almost feel the changes in melody. Very reminiscent of high school, but with a middle aged tolerance😉
Length of Affect: 1.5hrs
Medicinal Use: Pain relief, anti-anxiety, depression
20240302_115227.jpg

Thank you again @420 and @Canuk Seeds for letting me participate in this grow. Thank you again to all that have followed along with me through this journey, and a special thank you to all who voted for me for January's Plant of the Month. This has been so much fun, and it has been a pleasure!

Take care, happy growing, and until we meet again... stay water my friends!

Back
Top Bottom