420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay.... I'll just leave it at that. Excited to grow some Trainwreck! Thank you Canuk seeds for this opportunity and blessing me with these seeds!!!

Strain: Canuk Seeds Trainwreck
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid, Sativa Dominant
Pot/Bucket Size: Solo cup, 1 gallon, 5 gallon
Tent Size: 3' x 3'
Grow Space: (2)x 3' x 3' tent, 1 for mother/veg, the other for flowering
How Many Plants: 7 seeds germinated, plan to flower best 4 plants
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Seedling
Medium: Living Organic Soil, Roots Organic base with added worm castings, biochar, perlite, coco coir. Recycled and reamended each grow
Lights: 400 Watt LED for flower
Nutrients: a combination of Down to Earth Azomite, 333 mix, Bio- Fish, and Bio-Live. Top dressing as recommended on package
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 75%
Media/Res PH: unmeasured
Pests: None
Watering: 1/5 media amount with filtered water when needed

10/9 - 8pm soaked seeds in 1% h2o2 solution for 24 hrs.
20231010_060918.jpg

10/10 - after 24hrs, still have a bunch of bobbers, only 1 dropped.
20231010_201337.jpg

As I was moving the shot glass around to get ready for planting, 2 more dropped! I Planted into solo cups under 200w LEDs, ~200ppfd. Sprinkled Bigfoot mychorizae in each hole. Tent set to maintain 0.4 kpa or 78F and 75%RH. Gave all cups 1 shot glass of filtered water. Will run lights 24hrs until all sprout and then switch to 18/6 light cycle.

#3, 6, and 7 are the seeds that dropped
20231010_202028.jpg

Some information from Canuk Seeds page:

Trainwreck Feminized Seeds - A Quick Overview​

Canuk Seeds; Trainwreck is a Sativa dominant strain with Indica growth patterns, thanks to her Afghani heritage.
She will produce semidense buds with a very strong fruity smell and long lasting sweet taste.
Said to have originated in Northern California Trainwreck is an example of ‘Oldschool’ genetics created in America. With a lemon/pine aroma and fresh taste, this Indica/Sativa cross has a powerful effect often said to be the reason for the name…like being in a trainwreck!
Trainwreck begins to speedly hurdle through the mind with a surge of euphoria, awakening creativity and happiness.
Trainwreck is an excellent strain for the treatment of Migraines, Pain, Arthritis, ADD/ADHD, PTSD, as well as Anxiety.
This strain produces beautiful big green leaves and big compact buds that are hard as rocks hanging on healthy but thin stalks and branches.
Trainwreck also gets it’s name from its growth. Expect a lot of resin.

SexFeminized
VarietyMostly Sativa
Flowering TypePhotoperiod
Flowering Time63 days
Where to GrowIndoor, Greenhouse, Outdoor
Harvest MonthOctober
Taste / FlavorFruity, Pungent, Sweet
THC Content24%

So we have 5 sprouts, 2 confirmed failures to launch (one looked like it failed to germinate, the other popped but didn't have enough energy to push through.
20231014_175616.jpg

#1, one of the first to sprout, I helped remove it's helmet.
20231014_171709.jpg

#2, kind of worried about her. Hasn't fully "popped" out of the soil...🤞
20231014_171742.jpg

#6, second to last to pop up, helmet still attached
20231014_171806.jpg

#7, I have a good feeling about her, let's hope she's a lucky one! And is the the hockey stick thing???😉
20231014_171845.jpg

#5, I had to scratch the surface, but there she was, last of the bunch
20231014_171920.jpg

Nice start to your @Canuk Seeds comparative grow.
I have always want to try it and grow Trainwreck.
You are going to :dude-knocking:it out of the park.

Mind if I stop by occasionally?

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thank you, and please do! Trainwreck is one of those strains I smoked late 90s and blew my mind, hoping I can find something to rekindle those old school feelings! I'll be following yours as well

Personally, I grew them outdoors and they thrived and produced remarkably. The environment was photogenic friendly for a more than full season. Harvested quite well as I personally think most plants do in a natural environment. The effects were euphoric and pleasant with a better than average motivational aspect. Smooth, and almost earthy/citrus back note. Overall, I think its potency was above par, but not overwhelming in that I didn't experience much of the lost feeling that I sometimes experience with Sativa heavy strains, though I only Smoked Canuk one time. I went on the thoughts of the people that it was gifted to.
I do however think that when I had them, they were more of the original version compared to the often over crossbred version of today's market. Didn't get much of the piney notes, I am not fond of those, so I would've remembered that aspect.
Anyway, I will keep an eye out for your results.

Personally, I grew them outdoors and they thrived and produced remarkably. The environment was photogenic friendly for a more than full season. Harvested quite well as I personally think most plants do in a natural environment. The effects were euphoric and pleasant with a better than average motivational aspect. Smooth, and almost earthy/citrus back note. Overall, I think its potency was above par, but not overwhelming in that I didn't experience much of the lost feeling that I sometimes experience with Sativa heavy strains, though I only Smoked Canuk one time. I went on the thoughts of the people that it was gifted to.
I do however think that when I had them, they were more of the original version compared to the often over crossbred version of today's market. Didn't get much of the piney notes, I am not fond of those, so I would've remembered that aspect.
Anyway, I will keep an eye out for your results.
I appreciate the thorough overview of your experience! Hoping to find a keeper out of the 4.

Back
Top Bottom