Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

A pretty nice growth spurt in the last 3 days. It pays, especially with autoflowers to really pay close attention to their environment to give them every opportunity to reach their potential because you don't determine how long they veg. They are starting to push out their second node now. They will get their first feeding (1/5 strength nutrients) on sprout +8 days.

A couple years ago a friend gave me some Ace Seeds Golden Tiger regular seeds to grow and reverse to make some feminized seeds. Whenever I do a seed run I always choose companion strains to run with the strain I'm reversing. I like to pollinate a handful of small bottom buds on these companion plants to make some crosses. I look for strains similar to the strain I'm reversing. So in this case I chose 3 other Satia or Sativa dominant strains. I'm going with Panama from Ace Seeds, Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm, and the fourth strain is a tester from Ace Seeds, a cross of their Killer A5 Haze X Kali China. So I'm sure you can see the sativa theme here which will be an attempt to keep the canopy somewhat remotely close to even. I have grown very few sativa strains so this might turn into a 3 ring circus of laughs.

I will be dropping three of the Golden Tiger into water this evening and then in 5 days I'll drop seeds for the other three strains.

I am wondering if I should do a journal with the sativas and chronicle the reversing process? I guess like I did in this grow journal with the Colombian Gold. But since I'll already be doing the sponsored grow with the four auto flowering plants maybe doing two journals might be too much. I don't know.

Three Golden Tiger regs in well water with two drops of peroxide.

I am wondering if I should do a journal with the sativas and chronicle the reversing process? I guess like I did in this grow journal with the Colombian Gold. But since I'll already be doing the sponsored grow with the four auto flowering plants maybe doing two journals might be too much. I don't know.
Do you mean not journaling the sativa seed-making here at all? Might as well grab a few pics of the process and post it while you're doing it. Once you have the pollen and done the pollinating then there's not much after that except a few pics of the plants as they progress in flower.

You can even copy and paste the text of the process from your earlier posts on how it's done. Nobody's gonna mind!

The Mephisto Double Grape seedlings are 7 days old today so time for their first feeding. I'm still using MC as my nutrients. I gave it a good bit of thought and decided to go with 1.75 grams of MC for the first feeding. I also added 1 gram of Recharge to the mix. Here is where they are today at sprout +7 days. Hoping for a growth spurt very soon now.

And they're off! Just put them into a paper towel and back on to the seed heating pad. I have their 3/4 gallon pots filled and will moisten the Promix today as I anticipate they will get planted tomorrow.

The taproots got a little longer then I like overnight but they'll be fine. I planted them a tad deeper as I find I very seldom have a seedling sprout with the shell or membrane still on it. Takes an extra day or two for them to break the surface but I prefer not having to do the surgery. Fingers crossed 3-4 days gives us three Golden Tiger babies above ground.
These little pots are about 1/3 gallon in size.

It's been a really long time since I've grown regular photo plants. About how long till the plants show their sex?

Back
Top Bottom