Aunt Gracies Frugal Grow, or how to grow your own with things you already own.

Yeah, I give away tomatoes and peppers every year. Sometimes rhubarb that I had to split. This year I gave my mom a well established root mass of asparagus!

i dont do peppers. not a fan of a stinging mouth while im trying to taste my food, lol.

However we starting to get into this gardening lark big time.
Clearing both my gardens of crap right now, going to send my soil off for samples next year i think and turn my gardens highbrix.

will stepped planter in the front garden so it doesnt take much space, and the whole back will be a veg plot.
will set up a stand in the front garden with a few freebie samples and will give away a pricelist with it..

would rock if i had my neignbors buy a bit of fresh produce from us.

got a few ideas for turning this into a real business, but im keeping them close to my chest as i think there are 2 market niches that are super high value and have not had the hbx kiss yet...watch this space!

Aloha, OldMedMan
Glad to be part of this cool site. I was a bit surprised that there were not more people from Hawaii here. We do have the perfect weather to grow some awesome plants. I know there are a lot of growers here (dah) but no one on this site. I know nothing but outdoor growing and if not for this 420, I would not know anything about indoor growing. I am learning and gathering the materials and products I need to grow indoors but the thing I see is the electric bill skyrocketing. Jeesh it's high enough without an inside grow. lol. Good ta meet you. Aloha, sunnyside
100_02268.JPG
Big_Buds_7-9-12_1.JPG
100_02257.JPG

Aloha, OldMedMan
Glad to be part of this cool site. I was a bit surprised that there were not more people from Hawaii here. We do have the perfect weather to grow some awesome plants. I know there are a lot of growers here (dah) but no one on this site. I know nothing but outdoor growing and if not for this 420, I would not know anything about indoor growing. I am learning and gathering the materials and products I need to grow indoors but the thing I see is the electric bill skyrocketing. Jeesh it's high enough without an inside grow. lol. Good ta meet you. Aloha, sunnyside
100_02268.JPG
Big_Buds_7-9-12_1.JPG
100_02257.JPG

Aloha to you too sunnyside58. Yep...lots of growers on this island, but you know how it is...it's who you know. Believe it or not there are 6 of us on 420. Counting you there are 3 of us in Kailua. We know each other, but haven't met, you know how that goes. It takes a while. :Namaste:

Well, your outdoor is looking very good. I did a few outdoors, but ended up being ripped off. Otherwise I would still be outside. Like you said, perfect weather. My electric runs about $560 a month, but I just put in some big LEDs. If you hear a terrible scream in the distance, that will be me when I get my next one. Glad you found 420.....it's the best place on the net for growing and learning......and friendship!
I didn't know diddle about growing when I joined 420, but read and watched for a while. When I started my first journal, I had tons of help from the members and I managed to grow my own smoke. That was one happy day.

Come by my journal sometimes, it's bit crazy, but I do grow!. :Namaste:

Aloha to you too sunnyside58. Yep...lots of growers on this island, but you know how it is...it's who you know. Believe it or not there are 6 of us on 420. Counting you there are 3 of us in Kailua. We know each other, but haven't met, you know how that goes. It takes a while. :Namaste:

Well, your outdoor is looking very good. I did a few outdoors, but ended up being ripped off. Otherwise I would still be outside. Like you said, perfect weather. My electric runs about $560 a month, but I just put in some big LEDs. If you hear a terrible scream in the distance, that will be me when I get my next one. Glad you found 420.....it's the best place on the net for growing and learning......and friendship!
I didn't know diddle about growing when I joined 420, but read and watched for a while. When I started my first journal, I had tons of help from the members and I managed to grow my own smoke. That was one happy day.

Come by my journal sometimes, it's bit crazy, but I do grow!. One of these days we will have to find a public place and meet in person, Got to get to know each other and all that,ya know. :Namaste:

what is the law and general attitude to growing and smoking over there guys?

what is the law and general attitude to growing and smoking over there guys?

Really good if you have a Medical ticket....otherwise don't get caught. There are grows all over the place. I'm petty sure I know where 3 of them are in my hood, but I would never ask. The local guys are pretty much absolute loners, if your are some how family, the door is always open..

That is why THsea is so happy if he gets his hands on a real Hawaiian strain and he was born here. :Namaste:

The police are caught with pot quite frequently. One got caught with 2 pounds in his Police car's trunk about a month ago.. The Marine base has dogs at the gate regularly. So it's here Brother.

K-Town in the house!

Gracie, I was gone for a couple days and woah 4 pages! To the gutter and back again... how are those little seedlings doing?

SurfBuddy, they are looking very healthy, and I think they will be good plants, these are going to be babied/I will post pics of the seedlings sometime today, thanks for checking in. Gutter and back is right, can't take a nap around here without getting smut talk when you get back./take care/speak at you later, and will check out your grow today/grace

smut is ok dogs and Don Ho are forbodden
SurfBuddy, they are looking very healthy, and I think they will be good plants, these are going to be babied/I will post pics of the seedlings sometime today, thanks for checking in. Gutter and back is right, can't take a nap around here without getting smut talk when you get back./take care/speak at you later, and will check out your grow today/grace

grace, did you check out that link in my sig about sigs? want to delete the text beneath it ;)

I just did that Gig, and I blogged it to my blog, very good info to have around, will have to find time to work on it tonight, again, thank you for your knowledge of computers/much needed here/grace

Sunnyside, your plants look great, welcome to the party crib, all are welcome newbie, you'll learn alot from OMM and JametheGreen, they are both hard working farmers, and happy to share their abundant knowledge with you, and make some cool friends too/Aunt Grace

Back
Top Bottom