Dubbrollin's 1st Grow Journal

dubbrollin

Please feel free to offer any advice as this is my 1st grow.

Plants-2 XXX OG
2 Platinum Bubba's
1 Black Rhino (Blackberry x White Rhino)
All clones purchased @ PO Genetics in CA.
1 Master Kush from seed.

The XXX's have been in pots since 12/27/2012. i had them under 1 65 watt CFL for about 2 weeks before i upgraded my light set up
The Platinum and Black Rhino were added 1/18/2013

Pots
Plants-2 XXX OG both in 3 gals pots
2 Platinum Bubba's right now in 2ltr pepsi bottles. gotta pick up 2 more pots later this week
1 Black Rhino (Blackberry x White Rhino) 1 3 gal pot

Grow Medium
Miracle Grow Moisture control

Stage
All plants are in Veg growth

Lights
4 100w CFL
1 65w CFL
Will be changing the 65 to 150 soon,.

1st pic more up later

11869.jpg

Hey Dubbrollin,
Whey Front seat!
welcome to 420 mate. First post, first journal , getting on it!

Your grow looks like its doing fine mate, the one thing I noticed is that the leaf edges are curling up a bit, no biggie , just means they are a bit hot there. Do you have air flow?

11869.jpg

21436.jpg

31285.jpg

that small cup is a seedling that fell over and broke in half. trying to see if i can save it. roots were still good, so i figured give it a try. I was able to save the other half with the baby leaf. I sat it in a small water bottle mixed with nutrient solution and tried to get it to clone. so far its been about a week and its starting to show poss root and it actually grew the 2nd set of leafs.
4949.jpg

5741.jpg

xxxOG
6647.jpg

XXX OG that i topped
7548.jpg

Black Rhino

Hey Dubbrollin,
Whey Front seat!
welcome to 420 mate. First post, first journal , getting on it!0

Your grow looks like its doing fine mate, the one thing I noticed is that the leaf edges are curling up a bit, no biggie , just means they are a bit hot there. Do you have air flow?

I do believe so.they are shaking well and the fans stay on 24hrs. the temp is staying at 70.

Hey Dub, Welcome to my favorite website and online family at :420:. Nice healthy plants you've got, but a little dehydrated. The curling from heat can be helped with misting the leaves, it will slow down the water loss thru perspiration. Also , I don't know if you have but take a look at this how to grow link. Lots of info, enough to make your eyes burn. and frequently asked questions also check out The Growers Lounge when you get a chance. . :peace::love::adore::morenutes:and happy gardening.

Grabbed me a spray bottle to water the leaves. Thanks for info.I was wondering what was the cause of the curling up. I just thought it was from the fans being so close to the plants. Would u advise to place the fan further away?

Hey dubbrollin, glad to help out. You could move the fan . the distance is up to you, you do want the plant to be moved by the air, this will make her stronger and provide her with fresh air.

Well I want to do whatever it takes to make me some fine buds. Should I not worry about the minor turn up on the leaves? I am going to add another fanbetr for better air circulation in the closet. May not be getting enough new air. Is that even possible?

yeah you can add more fans no problem. Put your hands under the bulbs on the top of your hand for 1 min to see if its hot for your hand. If it is its hot for the plant too.

I can hold the bulbs pretty long without issue. but i did see a lil burn on one of the leaves that has grown to touch the bulb. so a lifting i will go. now i bought the spray bottle yesterday and started spraying them last night. Already the baby's have responded and that curling up has stopped. wow these thing really do respond well. well now time to go workout myself.:thanks:

Yeah heat issue is rectifeid really easy, in a matter of hours. I know you can hold a CFL but that doesnt mean it aint hot. CFL's produce more heat than people think , especially from the ballast at the bottom of the bulb. Ive used them for a few years now and I think they best at about 5-6 inches away.

Ive been spraying them about 3-4 times a day with fresh water and that got rid of the curling up . I know you see a lil dry dirt , but this is more soil i added to some of my babys. under neight is still plenty wet. i just watered them yesterday.

How long should i keep them tied down? a couple days at a time? and cant i LST them throughout the flower period?

How long should i keep them tied down? a couple days at a time? and cant i LST them throughout the flower period?

Keep them tied down until the end, straight through flowering. They will stand back up from the top and all the sides will also become tops. Keep at what your doing they doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom