Use of Forbid on mothers

Auggie

I finally have to do it. I have to do an Avid / Forbid rotation for moms. The mites are winning.

I contacted Bayer customer support with the following question:
I have recently begun using Forbid 4F to control two spotted spider mites.
I know that this is not supposed to be used on edible plants, but I have no choice and I believe that the way I'm using this product is safe.
I am a clone farmer, and I use these on my mothers. Long before it becomes a consumable plant there should be little or no traces in the system.
I am maintaining thirty mothers in a greenhouse type set up.
But ... my question is: If I spray this product every 20 days, how much protection is afforded the cuttings? If the rotation spray happens fifteen days ago, and I take cuttings today, and they sit in a tray for another 20 days ... how much protection do the cuttings have?
Thank you for your response.

Their response was simply that this product has not been tested for use on edible plants.

I then asked:
What protection is offered on cuttings of plants that are NOT edible plants?

Their response was: The use of this product on cuttings, or plants that cuttings are taken off of, has not been tested.

I suspect that the protection would be reduced, and if the cutting was taken far away from the spray time ... that prophylaxis would not be sufficient during the rooting period.
Whadda you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom