Can a 10 day old plant have a Boron deficiency

Ripe1

-NYCTD and Cheese Day 10
-Solo Cup with Hydroton at the bottom and holes for drainage Soil
-T5 & LED (T5 is over the seedling and LED is in opposite corner over a flowering cheese auto.
-No nutes yet
-Distilled Water when soil dries (fed mostly from the bottom but I lightly water the top just to get it damp)
-Temp average has been 79-81ºF
-Humidity was low for the first few days, between 40%-55% Now it is at 55%-75% thanks to a vaporizer that takes salt and another that
just blows cool humid air.
-6"fan on the seedling on low
4" inline fan w/ carbon filter it evacuate hot air (there's not much)
4x4 tent

I have some NYC Turbo Diesel and Cheese seedling that are 10 days old that are having some problems. These symptoms showed themselves in a matter of 6-8 hours as you can tell from looking at my grow 2 journal. Yesterday morning they were fine. Last night they were mottled yellow to straight brown. At first I thought it might be light burn as the T5 was 2.75" above the plants. Then a trusted friend on here said to check into Boron.
Help a fellow out if you have time.

Cheese_5_Burn_2.jpg

Cheese_5_Burn1.jpg

NYCTD4_Burn.jpg

NYCTD_4_Burnteded.jpg

NYCTD4_Burned.JPG

NYCTD3_Not_too_bad.JPG

Still_Droopy_Cheese.jpg

NYCTD5_Champ.jpg

Thanks in Advance. If you know someone who might know please send them my way. Peace folks!

not a chance, they have all the nutes they need in the first 2 leaves. I'm having sort of a similar looking brown patch on one of my month old plant. how often do you water ? I reckon you might have the same problem that I have and might be over watering or not letting them dry out enough between watering

Yes looks like overwatering could be causing some ph swings and cal deficiency. Could be boron. Point is try and let them dry out a little more.

The burn is between the veins so likely not from excessively hot soil.

What type of soil and are usong nutrients?

Hey thank you for helping me everybody. I'm still trying to get this stuff figured out.

"How often do you water?"
When the soil has looked dry for a day and there is space between the cup and the soil.

"The burn is between the veins so likely not from excessively hot soil."
I'm waiting to hear back from SweetSue, she wanted to know what my soil was. This is not the first time this has been suggested today.

"What type of soil and are using nutrients?"

I have the seedlings in Happy Frog mixed with Black Gold. There are Clay pellets mixed in with some perlite too. Less than 10% combined on both. No Nutes so far. Just PH'ed Distilled water. I have them under a 2ft T5, 4 bulbs, 24watts each, 6500k, 2.75" away until yesterday, now 6.5" away. I have a Vicks Vapor Humidifier that requires 1/8-1/2 tsp salt to get it going, and a Honeywell Humidifier. Temps and humidity have been pretty good in there. Thanks again Guys!

One for the growers! Lower your weapons troops! I figured it out. It was my Vick's vaporizer (sort of a humidifier) spitting hot water vapor as it gets going. I looked back at some photos from 1/4/18 and the Vaporizer was facing right at most of the seedlings. It was some cool detective work straight out of CSI that helped me figure it out. Go check out pages 2&3 of my second grow for the full report. Most Awesome Dude! Thanks again for your concern and help. I love it here and I love you guys and I love Cannabis!

Back
Top Bottom