Do these clones look ok?

Skullman420

I took 10 clones yesterday. 1 of each plant to save the genetics for later grows. I have tried cloning several times before, but I always failed miserably. I think this was due to taking clones in late flowering, heat issues and not sterilizing the equipment properly.

This time I did everything after the book though and the donor-plants are all healthy and in vegg. Thinking I should ask before they day this time :) The images are from today - in other words day 2.

Do they look ok or are they dying?

001_-_clones.jpg
002_-_clones.jpg
003_-_clones.jpg

They look ok. The lean is a little concerning as it's only day 2. But keep the dome on, high humidity, light growth nute feed after a week or 10 days. Don't let the rockwool dry out but don't keep her too wet all the time. In a week the lower leaves will die off showing you the cuttings are taking the last nutrients from the leaves.

Hard to tell so early. A week to 10 days is about a good check for roots etc... for now don't touch them, move them, anything other than exchange fresh air and keep humidity high.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you ever want to do it the easy way.

Get a spray cloner and some z7 water treatment and then just use tap water with it

Then there is no need to clean anything or to put them under a dome and it has a 99.9% success rate for me.

You can just clip them with old clippers and stick them in a foam collar and into the cloner with z7 and you will have roots in about 3to4 days.

Just don't give them much light until you see roots and off they will go.

Then if you want to take it a step farther trim back the roots a little at 5days and they will go crazy when they regrow out.

Those clones do not look happy. My guess would be to high an RH and or heat.

The way your doing it will work. I have done it that way before.

But there is a lot more that can go wrong that way.

A cheap spray cloner is about $30 for a 8 hole one on ebay.

Or you could make your own. It makes cloning so easy and a surething...

I plan to invest in a 40 site nutriculture cloner. But not sure I will be able to get my hands on enough cash before it's time to flower them. I have a "clone-bucket" with 8 sites, using a fogger/mister. The problem I had with this is that the clones die because of the heat the fogger generates. I've lovered the temperature in the room since these pictures were taken. I think it was a little bit too hot as well.

Another interesting question is if the LED light is good for rooting

The nutriculture cloner looks amazing. I know I could DIY one quite easy, but I really like this one. Cool with lots of space in case I wanna do an outdoor grow the coming summer.

Anyone tried it?

If you ever want to do it the easy way.

Get a spray cloner and some z7 water treatment and then just use tap water with it

nutri_-_01.jpg
nutri_-_02.jpg
nutri_-_03.jpg

Thanks. I'll move them right away

Aerocloners are great. I highly recommend them. The biggest mistake people make when cloning is putting clones under direct light. Put them off to one side away from the direct light and they will take off.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

( I have a "clone-bucket" with 8 sites) If you put a small pump with a spray head in the bucket you will be good to go for about $20

If you put some z7 in it with them and keep them out of strong light until you see roots.

They will take off.

There should be no need for a dome. If you keep them out of strong light they will work on making new roots instead of making roots and leaves.

Plus they will not burn up all they food stores.

I do not even loose one leaf doing it that way.

The thing is - 10 plants but only room for 8 clones :D

Aerocloners are great. I highly recommend them. The biggest mistake people make when cloning is putting clones under direct light. Put them off to one side away from the direct light and they will take off.

Just read this and immediately I am moving my clone from directly under my light, lol thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I plan to invest in a 40 site nutriculture cloner. But not sure I will be able to get my hands on enough cash before it's time to flower them. I have a "clone-bucket" with 8 sites, using a fogger/mister. The problem I had with this is that the clones die because of the heat the fogger generates. I've lovered the temperature in the room since these pictures were taken. I think it was a little bit too hot as well.

Another interesting question is if the LED light is good for rooting

The nutriculture cloner looks amazing. I know I could DIY one quite easy, but I really like this one. Cool with lots of space in case I wanna do an outdoor grow the coming summer.

Anyone tried it?

nutri_-_01.jpg
nutri_-_02.jpg
nutri_-_03.jpg
I had the same issue I was never able to clone this way then i bought a clone king 36, from Amazon and have and almost 100% turn out,as of right now I have 8 clones from 3 week flower plant and in 7 days I have 3 that have decent roots started

Sent from my SM-N930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I added a tiny dose of canna rhizotonic in the water I soaked the rockwool in. Also in the water I mist them with. That's supposed to help with root development

"CANNA RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, algae based, vegetative stimulator for plant roots. It contains multiple vitamins and is 100% natural. RHIZOTONIC adds more than 60 microbiological substances that considerably speed up the growth of a balanced root environment"

That's ok. I adjusted the ph to 5,8 after adding it

Be careful with rhizotonic, it will skyrocket ph. In future use great white mycorrhizae. Its cheaper and 10x better and doesnt screw ph.

Thanks for the tips everyone. You are a fantastic bunch all of you 420'ers. Always so helpful

Clones look slightly better today. Think it helped to lower temperature and to get them more out of the lights. Still not convinced they will survive, but friggin hope so :)

Back
Top Bottom