1 Cloner plus good people on this forum equals 15 clones in a 4x4 tent - Now what?

Foodeefish

Well my first attempt of cloning was a big failure- all dead.

Then I posted on this Forum, took everyone's advice and ended up with 15 clones out of 15 living and doing great this 2nd time around..

My question is I have 7 White Widow clones and 8 Northern Light clones that are very healthy- about 6 inches tall in 1 gallon pots and I still have a little bit of room. They are currently in my 4x4x8 foot high tent, 600 watt lighting and doing unbelievably GREAT!!

Can I SOG this many plants in this one 4x4 tent or should I destroy some of them to make more room? How many plants is the max for tent this size?:thumb:

Posted

Re: 1 Cloner plus good people on this forum equals 15 clones in a 4x4 tent - Now what

Mainly depents on how good the plants are if you have some that grow bad I would remove them but if all is good I would grow 15 at a time and just supercrop the heck out off it and just take a little less time in veg... Thats a style i just like to do under 600 watt bulbs... Actualy put 25 under one 600 watter . But this is just for quick cash grows .

If you have the time to play with your plants and like to sit for a few hours a week with your plants grow a few big ones just like shiggity says its fun to do. but if you like 6 plants ( or as much as you want ) do that .

But less plants is just less care if you have to take out plants later one its harder with 25 plants under scrog than 4

But what manny people do is growing a few but you could even grow 200 plants in that space and start with clones and put it on 12/12 and harvest after 2 monthes

There are so manny styles of growing so good luck like to hear what your going to do with the nice clones you have :bravo:

Re: 1 Cloner plus good people on this forum equals 15 clones in a 4x4 tent - Now what

Also kind of depends on the hood. This is a great video and you will learn a lot about the equipment. It is a little long but worth it all.

These guys make a ton of great videos.

In a 4x4 though it kind of doesn't matter because even if you have the wrong hood it aint going anywhere. But this is just good info to have.

I agree with Shigitty, 4-6 max in that space. Better to grow a few and SCROG them and Lollipop them properly then to fill it up. Clones are free and you can make more.

MRXC is also totally correct you could go all in and SOG but I think you are kinda new to the game so I would keep it simple. 4-6 plants is a good way to get started. You could get a pound a plant if done right and 3-4 pounds is enough right?

:Namaste:

Thanks everyone and I have just a few grows under my belt so I think I'll do like was suggested, and only grow 6 plants and sacrifice the rest. My 2nd grow I scrogged a White Widow and a Northern Lights and ended up with 9 ounces of dried- again thanks to the members on this board. I think I handled my harvest too much cause the end result was not as strong as I thought it would be and my plants did not get very Frosty. Some of the pictures I have seen posted looks like the colas are almost frozen or snow-like.

One question on Lollypopping plants. Why is it done and is it really that hard to do? Is the purpose just to grow a certain number colas and grow those colas as big as they will grow?

Check out You tube for that one.

Lollipoping is a technique you will see done in many orchards and works great with cannabis. If you remove the branches that are below the canopy then the energy going into flower or fruit production as it is in apple orchards goes into the flowers above the canopy. You don't waste Photosynthetic sugars and nutes on little baby flowers growing out of the light.

Now I say you only want to chop the branches and leave the fan leaves. The fan leaves will come off when ready. Some people just go for it and chop it all off below the canopy.

When pruning you need to note a few things. Pruning stunts growth local to the cut. The plant releases hormones to heal which slows growth local to the cut. If enough cuts occur in a short enough time then enough hormone is released that can stunt the entire plant. So rule number one is never more than 1/3 of the plant at a time and never more than 1/3 in a week. You don't want to go in cutting every day leaving the plant in perpetual healing mode. Go in and take off some stuff once a week and not too much all at once. All the rest of the plant will come back very strong and happy.

Well my first attempt of cloning was a big failure- all dead.

Then I posted on this Forum, took everyone's advice and ended up with 15 clones out of 15 living and doing great this 2nd time around..

My question is I have 7 White Widow clones and 8 Northern Light clones that are very healthy- about 6 inches tall in 1 gallon pots and I still have a little bit of room. They are currently in my 4x4x8 foot high tent, 600 watt lighting and doing unbelievably GREAT!!

Can I SOG this many plants in this one 4x4 tent or should I destroy some of them to make more room? How many plants is the max for tent this size?:thumb:

Posted

@Foodeefish the best thing you did was come here.
What they are saying is perfect. 4 plants on a 4x4 is just about right.
I strongly suggest a SCROG with your space and light. I just finished up 3 plants in a small area. 1 more plant would have been perfect. Again read up on the SCROG. If you have the time to put in its well, well worth it.
Not to mention its F~cking beautiful.

Stick with the fine folks here and your golden

Back
Top Bottom