1200w Multistrain DWC Grow

just tie her down bro and let the other ones catch up.theres tons of info on lst training in my journal.the longer you keep them low and in veg the bigger the roots and the bigger the nugs.you will be suprised how long you can keep them in veg with this tecnique.my girls were vegged for 3 months and are 3 feet across the top and only 2.5 feet tall:)

lol. Id like to try but isnt it a little late when the plant has already reached 20 inches tall? Thats part of my problem jon, I dont know enough about lst yet to be confident Im not going to kill one of my girls. Im slowly getting through your journal now and trying to find out more about lst in other places. Im about to start up some new plants and I may give it a try with them. Btw your plants look beautiful. :bravo:

IneedTHISplz; said:
i am curious, i have same dwc set up. what size res? what size net pots and also bucket size? i have 5-5gallon buckets... i added drip atop jet spray for roots and multipule aairstones. GOOD, BAD, WHAT YOIU THINK?
THANKS HAPPY HOLIDAY

Hi IneeTHISplz. I dont use a res. right now because im growing multiple strains each bucket is isolated from the other. My next grow will be 6 plants all of the same strain and then Ill convert to either rdwc or a hybrid Im in the process of building. Right now I change my water every 7 days. I use a little 185 gph pump to drain each bucket then the reverse process to add fresh water and nutrients. Works well. My nets are actually a lid/ net combo (all one piece). All i use are airstones in the buckets. I keep the water at about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom of the pot. This allows the water to bubble up and saturate the roots with little tiny air bubbles. Works great for me. Imo anything you can do to get your roots more O2 is a good thing. I think Im going to start flower on Christmas day :winkyface: All my plants are over 12 inches now so what the hell.

Merry Christmas Everyone

:peace::peace:

hi ineethisplz. I dont use a res. Right now because im growing multiple strains each bucket is isolated from the other. My next grow will be 6 plants all of the same strain and then ill convert to either rdwc or a hybrid im in the process of building. Right now i change my water every 7 days. I use a little 185 gph pump to drain each bucket then the reverse process to add fresh water and nutrients. Works well. My nets are actually a lid/ net combo (all one piece). All i use are airstones in the buckets. I keep the water at about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom of the pot. This allows the water to bubble up and saturate the roots with little tiny air bubbles. Works great for me. Imo anything you can do to get your roots more o2 is a good thing. I think im going to start flower on christmas day all my plants are over 12 inches now so what the hell.

congrats on flower merry christmas.
Thanks for info, i actually have 3 g-13, 2 nirvan auto-flower bubbelicious, and 2- head band and a sedd that just took off. Now i have them propergating in dome. I too, am re-building/designing the right "room". I think my buckets are to big (5 gallon) i've heard a gallon size per month of plant (general reference). I have thought off using like 5 20/30 gallon totes so i have consistant flow s.o.g.
In yyour opinion/or factual should differenrt strainds be seperated like that? Or do they have to? What should i do, your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks good luck

congrats on flower merry christmas.
Thanks for info, i actually have 3 g-13, 2 nirvan auto-flower bubbelicious, and 2- head band and a sedd that just took off. Now i have them propergating in dome. I too, am re-building/designing the right "room". I think my buckets are to big (5 gallon) i've heard a gallon size per month of plant (general reference). I have thought off using like 5 20/30 gallon totes so i have consistant flow s.o.g.
In yyour opinion/or factual should differenrt strainds be seperated like that? Or do they have to? What should i do, your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks good luck

hi Ineed

Thx a bunch. I cant wait to see how the Vanilla Kush turns out. I think on my next grow ill do jons lst stuff and see what happens.

I have to say yes isolate the different strains from one an other. Each plant and strain will have different nutritional needs. My last grow was the purps. You have to go light on the nutes in the 1st week of flower for that strain. Its different for the fruit spirit im growing. If my buckets were connected in a rdwc system, both plants would get the same amount of nutes whether they needed them or not. It would also be very difficult to correct a problem with one strain without affecting another. There are people on this site with a ton more experience than me but i think they would agree.

As for your buckets. I love the 5 gallons buckets. Lots of room for root growth and your plants can get real big and produce a lot of weed in a 5 gallon pail. The pics below are of my last grow using three 5 gallon buckets, I got just over 24 ounces at harvest and had 10.5 ounces after drying and curing for a month off 3 plants.

IMG001045.JPG

IMG001064.JPG

IMG001026.JPG

That was with 1 600w Mh/hps setup. Im running at 900w now. No matter what my next grow will have a chiller. Thats my achilles heal right now. I can control air temp but water temp sometimes gets out of hand. I address the heat issue by changing my water at a minimum of every 7 days, and I use h2o2 to kill anything bad. At the very latest Ill switch to flower by Jan 1. All depends on hows the roots look over the next few days.

Have a safe and merry Christmas everyone

:morenutes: Journal Update

Water change day:

Vanilla Kush - 5.5 ph, 980 ppm
Thcb - 5.6 ph, 973 ppm
Fruit Spirit - 5.4 ph, 978 ppm
The purps - 5.5 ph, 967 ppm

Well ive got a problem with 2 of my plants. The purps and the Thc bomb seem to be in trouble. The picture below of the thc bomb is what both plants looked like. I pruned the yellow dead leaves off the purps plant but left a few on the thcb to see if anyone could help out.. Ill do some research to see what might be up. The vanilla Kush is growing well now and has developed a very strong root system over the last week. The fruit spirit is by far the strongest plant out of the 4. Very health growth and root system. The purps, thcb and the fruit spirit are all females. All have visible hairs :smokin: Vanilla kush hasnt shown any signs yet tho.

Pics:
Thc Bomb

thcb.JPG

The purps

purp19.JPG

Vanilla Kush

VK45.JPG

Fruit Spirit

Fruit6.JPG

Any help would be great!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Hey man, I hope you get your nute thing fixed. V.kush and Fruit Spirit look great :thumb:. The other girls will bounce back as soon as you fix your nutes. I wish I could be of more help.

Merry Christmas :xmas:

Thanks iSmokes. Actually i think it was a ph issue. It was a little low before I changed the water. We'll see.

:morenutes: Journal Update

Merry Christmas everyone. I added cal/mag to all the buckets. I did this at water change. hoping that my problems were ph related. Added the cal/mag and stabilized the ph in all 4 buckets 5.8. I think that my ph was a little low and I had a problem with a deficiency again. The purps and the thcb have been a challenge. The kush and Spirit have been a breeze so far.

Im thinking of taking a few clones and developing them enough to flower them when i decide to flower the dwc plants. Im thinking of maybe throw in 4 small hempy buckets and bring my total upto 8 plants instead of 4 for flower. Anyone think this is a bad idea?

Anyway take care and have a safe holiday

I think it's a great idea :thumb: as long as you don't overcrowd your light or area, more won't hurt :) Hempy sounds like a plan

Hey smokes. To be honest i think if i do it right id have room for 5 or 6 small plants. Hell if i did the setup right i could scrog the hempys with the dwc buckets on the perimeter of the screen. hmmmm........

Journal Update :morenutes:

Water change day

Vanilla Kush ph 5.5, ppm 1030
ThcBomb ph 5.4, ppm 996
Fruit Spirit ph 5,4, ppm 1117
Purps ph 5.5, ppm 976

Well i did quite a bit in the tent today. I did the solution change, installed the carbon filter cuz things are getting stinky :yahoo:, a general clean up and I took 6 clones. Im going to let the clones root then I'll continue to veg them until Im about 1/2 way through flower on the dwc plants. Im going to throw the 6 clones in a hempy bucket using 100% perlite.

I wish I could remove the Fruit Spirit and the Vanilla Kush. They look like they would make great mothers. I was able to take 3 FS clones, 2 VK clones and 1 THCB clone. Unfortunately I just don't have the lights or the space to veg the FS and VK continually. So my hope is to do 1 harvest on the dwc's at 60 days and another 30 days later with the hempy bucket. All the plants are doing quite well now especially after I started using the Cal/Mag @ %50 recommended strength. The root systems on the FS and VK have really taken off. The THCB and Purps are starting to come along. I'm still think Ill start flower on New years day.

Pics:

Fruit Spirit. She's looking beautiful :adore:

fs.JPG

THCBomb: She has really recovered from last weeks issues

thcb1.JPG

Vanilla Kush: She is beautiful too :adore:

vk46.JPG

The Purps: A little stunted but shes coming along. She's my experiment. Seed is from a hermied plant

purp25.JPG

All 4 of my ladies:green_heart:

all46.JPG

My Clones: Hope they work out. :yummy:

clones103.JPG

So far things are going very well. All 4 are confirmed females and they are growing great now. I cant wait to flower them.

Everyone have a safe and happy new year

Update

Took ph readings from all plants. All fell between 5.5 and 5.8 so i didn't make any changes. Going to flip them today. Ill put them in a 24 darkness period starting tonite and throw them under 1200w hps after the 24 hr darkness cycle. The carbon filter is awesome. It makes a HUGE difference. I bought it with a 6 inch 400 cfm fan , speed controller and 25 feet of 6 inch tubing for $155.00 with free shipping to canada and the us. At first I was hesitant buying online with this guy but the 2 ballasts, tent and carbon filter/fan combo have been great. The plants look awesome and the clones as well. I will add some updated pics as soon as flower cycle starts.

Happy New Year

thats whats up! I have heard different things about online purchasing, speacially like ebay maybe even amazon, you order items at LARGER DISCOUNT. how can they make profit? they have older units that are remanufactured or that are still unopened but from "x" years old. Personally know someone who actually order a ballast, it blew up and he brought it in for exchange on manufacture warranty... it ended up being voided due to the fact the products seriel/date of manufacture was off. JUST A FEW WORDS THAT I WAS ADVICED OF.
I ORDER ONLINE TOO, JUST VERY SPECIFIC WHERE FROM. LIKE YOU'VE SAID YOU HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH THAT COMPANY.

ANOTHER THING DON'T PISS OFF WIFEY, MINE FLIPPED MY SHIT YESTERDAY AND ARE DEAD. S.O.B

thats whats up! I have heard different things about online purchasing, speacially like ebay maybe even amazon, you order items at LARGER DISCOUNT. how can they make profit? they have older units that are remanufactured or that are still unopened but from "x" years old. Personally know someone who actually order a ballast, it blew up and he brought it in for exchange on manufacture warranty... it ended up being voided due to the fact the products seriel/date of manufacture was off. JUST A FEW WORDS THAT I WAS ADVICED OF.
I ORDER ONLINE TOO, JUST VERY SPECIFIC WHERE FROM. LIKE YOU'VE SAID YOU HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH THAT COMPANY.

ANOTHER THING DON'T PISS OFF WIFEY, MINE FLIPPED MY SHIT YESTERDAY AND ARE DEAD. S.O.B

Hey need. No I did ok. Was a pretty good place and it all worked out.

Update

Got put off flowering for a bit. I just tried to install my two 600w hps bulbs and the old one wont work =[. I have to wait a few days due to cash flow issues before I can buy a new bulb. Im pretty bummed.

Update :morenutes: Day 1 Flower :cheesygrinsmiley:

I started a complete darkness period last night at 11 pm. The lights will start their 12/12 cycle tomorrow at 7 am. Total of 32 hrs in complete blackout. Lots of new growth on all the plants. The clones look like they are beginning to root which will be nice for after i harvest the 4 dwc's. Im going from 7 am to 7pm because it'll give me a little time after work each day to fiddle in my garden :yummy: As of last night the ph levels in all the buckets were between 5.6 and 5.9. The ppm levels in the Vannila kush and fruit spirit buckets have dropped quite a bit. It was expected and ill add more nutes to both of these buckets tomorrow. Im a little worried about flowering the thcbomb and purps right now but i really have no where else to put them. I could throw them in closets under cfls but that would be a major pain in the ass so it is what it is I guess. I Will be flowering using one 600w MH and one 600w hps until I can afford the 70 bucks for a new hps

Take Care

Update :morenutes: Day 3 Flower :cheesygrinsmiley:

I decided i was bored and I changed the solution a day early

Fruit spirit - ppm 1455, ph 5.5
Vanilla Kush - ppm 1345, ph 5.5
Purps - ppm 985, ph 5.5
Thcbomb - ppm 990, ph 5.4

All the plants look healthy and happy. Id like to see more root growth on the purps but the other three are doing really well. Very large root ball on the FS and the VK isn't far behind. The smell of the FS is just as advertised. Very fruity sweet smell. Im very impressed with this plant so far. It was one of the free seeds I got on my last order but I think Ill get 10 more. The VK is starting to smell quite dank and very skunky. I think this strain is going to be great for lst and scrog. Going to do more on that during my next grow. I followed Cultivators advice and laid off the h2o2. Will try enzymes in a few weeks.

Pics

Vanilla kush

vk47.JPG

Thcbomb
thcb2.JPG

The Purps
purp20.JPG

Fruit Spirit

FS1.JPG

All 4

all47.JPG

All the plants are above 14 inches tall. The FS is closer to three feet at this point. My clones haven't shown any root growth through the rock wool yet but they are looking great as well.

Take care

Update

Four of the 6 clones have visible root growth The other two haven't shown any yet (THCBomb and 1 Fruit Spirit). What i think Im going to do with them is to put them into a 26 " x 16" x 10" plastic hempy tub and use either Hydrotron or perlite as a medium. (Probably Hydrotron cuz its easy to get and relatively cheap). Im going to do some lst with these clones. Figured Id practice before i lst on my next dwc grow which will either be a Fruit Spirit, Vanilla Kush or an OG Kush grow. Im only going to do 1 strain next time because ill convert my dwc into a simple rdwc system. Im not really looking for any great huge harvest from my clones. Im using them to practice lst and maybe some defoliating methods Ive read about recently. I think it was ismokes that mentioned lst to me. Got any suggestions?

My dwc plants are beginning to take off. The purps has major root growth since Saturday and has grown at least 3 inches in height. The tchb is doing about the same as the purps. The VK is going strong and smelling wonderful. The fruit spirit is out of control :biglaugh: Its pulling in about 1 gallon of water a day right now. Ive placed it under the MH in the tent instead of the hps because I want to try and limit the stretch. Doesn't look like its working tho. Oh well. I could have worse problems than a plant that's growing too well :blushsmile:. Ill add updated pics this weekend. I start my flower date as soon as I go to 12/12 so Im anticipating my harvest to be about 70 days or so. We'll see what my plants tell me.

Edit: my ph levels in the VK, THCB, and the purps are at 5.5. The fruit Spirit is at 5.7. Air temp in the tent is at 25.6C. Water temp in buckets is at 20.1C. RH is at 40%, ppm levels -> VK = 1350, Purps = 990, THCB = 980, Fruit Spirit = 1650

Take care

Bobulak, temps & ph look good. I have one little pet peeve. It's ppm. While 90% of us post ppm as xxxx, most don't know what the conversion factor is on their meter. In the end this can send the wrong message to growers and eventually really hurt some grows.

For example, my meter uses .500 conversion factor. If we look at your fruit spirit @ 1650, with my meter that's 3.3 e.c. and will burn the shit out of plants. But if you have a .700 conversion meter, that's 2.35 e.c. and just a little hot for most plants, but nothing like 3.3.

I highly suggest finding out your conversion factor and always posting that with ppm. It helps people understand a little better. I post mine like: 1100 ppm, 2.2 e.c. (.500 conv).

I don't mean this post to be a drag on your grow or journal in any way. But to help. I don't know what the e.c. is on any of your plants to be able to identify with since you don't include the conversion factor. Nor could anyone else offer real thoughts on the ppm without such knowledge.

*I'm going to convert the world on this topic! ** :peace:

Bobulak, temps & ph look good. I have one little pet peeve. It's ppm. While 90% of us post ppm as xxxx, most don't know what the conversion factor is on their meter. In the end this can send the wrong message to growers and eventually really hurt some grows.

For example, my meter uses .500 conversion factor. If we look at your fruit spirit @ 1650, with my meter that's 3.3 e.c. and will burn the shit out of plants. But if you have a .700 conversion meter, that's 2.35 e.c. and just a little hot for most plants, but nothing like 3.3.

I highly suggest finding out your conversion factor and always posting that with ppm. It helps people understand a little better. I post mine like: 1100 ppm, 2.2 e.c. (.500 conv).

I don't mean this post to be a drag on your grow or journal in any way. But to help. I don't know what the e.c. is on any of your plants to be able to identify with since you don't include the conversion factor. Nor could anyone else offer real thoughts on the ppm without such knowledge.

*I'm going to convert the world on this topic! ** :peace:

Lol. thanks for the info bass. I pretty sure mine is .700. I believe the formula is ppm/700 = EC ?I thought the Fruit spirit was a little high too but I was having problems with deficiencies early on so Ive kept the nutes up. They are still below what the instructions say to provide (Im at about 75% of what it recommends for during flower when using more than 1000w). But there seem to be no ill affects. (Yet). BTW you've converted me. Ill post the ec with the ppm in the next update :thanks: And please everyone dont hesitate to post any suggestions or comments. I promise my pride can take it.

Take care

Back
Top Bottom