16 Pot Wilma System Hydro

In total i now have 38 or 40 plants going in this 2.4x1.2x2m grow tent. i just counted but forgot! even the hempys will be put through the scrog net i think, simply to create an easier to work with space than a scrog plus bits at side. hempys and wilma will all be running same nutes only dif is hempys will be hand fed.

also Xlr8 i was wondering how some journals get so many followers and mine has very few??? I post on other threads and my signature is there, am i missing something? I dont think its because my growing is bad or is it???? hmmmm

Hi Cultivator -

It's not your journal or grow. Just takes some time for people to get to know you and find your journal. The more and longer you participate, the more followers you have. Also, you'd be amazed at how many people are following that never post for one reason or another. My first journal here was like that, and I was really frustrated. Eventually, I decided to say screw it and do the journals for "me" so that I would be able to refer back to them in future grows, etc. Once I stopped worrying about it, people started following - pretty soon it snowballs. Now, sometimes I have a hard time just keeping up with my own journal, lol.

Since some of my threads have been pretty well followed and participated in, I've gotten this question a few times now. I put this together for someone else, and posted it in my blog here. There are some other blog posts there that contain some of the tips/ideas that I've found especially helpful or beneficial either to myself or others - so check out some of the other posts if you get a minute, too.

Here's a link to the post in my blog I'm referring to:

How to get greater participation in your grow journal

Some of it's pretty straightforward, but hope it helps! :)

Thanks

I kind of figured its just about people getting to see my stuff and know me. But ur right aabout using it as a record for myself too. so worst case i'll have something to turn back to if i need to and best case i'll help other people learn to grow and make myself better too. great......

So it is the 4th week of veg and i will be switching to flower 12/12 on fri 28th july. They are looking very nice but i have noticed that the reflectors i am using dont reflect the light as well as other hoods i have used. I will add another 600w hps to help compensate, taking wattage to 1800w in a 2.4x1.2x2m area. This should help increase yield considerably so long as i can deal with the extra heat generated.

This was taken about ten days ago
IMG_089910.JPG

Taken today
IMG_09799.JPG

IMG_09809.JPG

IMG_098110.JPG

I changed my mind on doing the scrog net due to time restraints and because the A.M.S and Pure are growing at different rates. I will most likely stick with the Pure next time around and use the A.M.S in coco in another location. Here's a sneak at another grow i have started but the journal will remain focused on the wilma system.

This has about 2" clay pebbles on bottom of 6L pots, coco coir and top layer of pebbles. Strain is Pure.

IMG_09659.JPG

IMG_096711.JPG

And in the 1L airpot my new mother. I did know the strain but i forgot! Its a skunk cross that i do remember.

IMG_096614.JPG

Does anyone know how to post vids? i'd like to add my cuttings tutorial.....

usually takes about ten days mate. depends on quality of the cutting like but never more than 14 days. i get just about 100% success rate in the aero cloner. The trick is to have the res warm before roots appear, then cool it with frozen milk cartons wen about an inch long and i have cloner near but not directly under a 600w hps. i have 6 air stones in res too so the liquid is super oxygenated. I have recorded a vid on how i do it but dont know how to upload it......

hi sky.

it is going to be crowded for sure. the 16 pot wilmas design is such that the pots are close together and cant be moved around. I will definately defoliate at days 21 and 45 of flower but i have been training and picking the odd fan leaf here and there. Also the hempys wont take up much space. I had 160 in there before but got sick of watering manually. The hempys would work great on a crop rotation if they were on drippers but that means 4 seperate res and lots of work which i dont have time for. Growing takes up so much of my time, dont get me wrong i enjoy it but due to the numbers i deal with i am looking for which hydro systems best suit me now. i have 4 comparison grows going right now but cant journal it all, i may sneak in a few pics here and there though.

i'll be going to clean out res and prep for switch on friday. nutes will change to canna aqua flores a+b @ e/c 1.4, voodoo juice 200ml, roots excellurator 30ml, and bud ignitor 100ml. these measurements are for a 100L res. ph.5.8. I am not trying to market products for any company but i would like to say bud ignitor and root excellurator are 2 products i wont go without. the bud ignitor really does what it says on the packet which is to provide more viable flower sites and i get fantastic results with it.

As for the football i'd heard chelsea was beaten but i didnt see it. Football is huge here but im not much of a fan to tell the truth, i much prefer the ufc!

hi sky.

it is going to be crowded for sure. the 16 pot wilmas design is such that the pots are close together and cant be moved around. I will definately defoliate at days 21 and 45 of flower but i have been training and picking the odd fan leaf here and there. Also the hempys wont take up much space. I had 160 in there before but got sick of watering manually. The hempys would work great on a crop rotation if they were on drippers but that means 4 seperate res and lots of work which i dont have time for. Growing takes up so much of my time, dont get me wrong i enjoy it but due to the numbers i deal with i am looking for which hydro systems best suit me now. i have 4 comparison grows going right now but cant journal it all, i may sneak in a few pics here and there though.

i'll be going to clean out res and prep for switch on friday. nutes will change to canna aqua flores a+b @ e/c 1.4, voodoo juice 200ml, roots excellurator 30ml, and bud ignitor 100ml. these measurements are for a 100L res. ph.5.8. I am not trying to market products for any company but i would like to say bud ignitor and root excellurator are 2 products i wont go without. the bud ignitor really does what it says on the packet which is to provide more viable flower sites and i get fantastic results with it.

As for the football i'd heard chelsea was beaten but i didnt see it. Football is huge here but im not much of a fan to tell the truth, i much prefer the ufc!

Good stuff. I'm personally a Dutch masters nutes guy. But besides having to hand water 160 2l hemp bottles how did it turn out for you like yield wise? Also how many lights did you have for all those bottles?

it turned out ok mate. 101oz and that was under 3 600w hps, vegged for 3 weeks. which is great for the space but like i said it was too much work for me. great if that is all u have to look after and have hours every day to feed and change trays. if it could be done on a flood and drain tray it would be great.

That is a nice canopy! Looking good. Where's the floor? ;) Speaking of which, are you planning to do any defoliation during the flowering phase? I've found that defoliating some at about the 3 week mark during bloom helps get better light penetration, but there are many schools of thought so I was curious as to your plan.

+rep for a great canopy and healthy looking plants. :thumb:

hi x thanks for the compliment. I was worried that it would get too crowded without the scrog net but its turning out nicely.

I'll be defoliating around day 21 after stretching has settled down and again around day 45. I think it helps but on another recent grow i literally stripped the foliage to the point it was just bud and i think it had a negative impact so i will remove enough to get good light penetration but not taking all fan leaves and extra foliage off. plus i think i'll add another 600w hps so that should give a real nice boost.

Back
Top Bottom