First Grow Journal - Wilma System

I was thinking about giving the plants some more space so I have taken 3 of the Wilma setup and placed them on to saucers. I am going to water them by hand from now on and see how it goes.
Do you guys think I should have left them all bunched together or do what I'm doing now?
Thanks

11286.JPG

2886.JPG

Looking good digahdee
Have you got a fan blowing on those babies?
i cant see 1 it would help harden up the stems so they can hold the budds up ,you might find youll have to tie them up anyway so they dont fall over everywhere :goodluck:

p.s i used to use clay balls myself years ago when i did hydro but i got sick of the cleaning after the grow had finished mind you i had alot more pots ;) now i use soil im lazy ;)

Thanks Ozman,

I have got a fan blowing on them, I leave it on a few hours at a time then turn it off for a few and so on. The main stem is quite thick - I've LST'ed them so you can't really see it in those pictures.

Do you get better results in soil or by using clay balls ?
I went for clay balls because I thought it would be easier and less messy -

Thanks for checking out my grow

Just a quick update with some pictures.

SLH is 13 days old from seed today. Growth seems to be going really slow.
I'm using a 125w CFL on them at the minute but want to switch to a MH lamp but haven't got a spare ballast or fan setup, so guess I'll have to make use of what I have.

8253.JPG

The main 4 in the tent are 56 days old from seed and have been under the 12/12 Light for 6 days now.
I noticed on the biggest one some problems on a few of the bigger fan leaves.
Any one know what this might be. Temps have been between 24-28 and RH is usually around 40/50%.

11287.JPG

Apart from that everything else looks and smells nice. Here's the rest of the pictures.

2887.JPG

3775.JPG

4539.JPG

5420.JPG

6361.JPG

7317.JPG

Hi 420 Members,

Thanks for joining Pericodaking1.

Big 4 plants in tent are 58 days old from seed today. Day 8 since I switched to 12/12. I think they are coming along nicely.

SLH are 15 days old from seed and also coming along quite nice. I have noticed a tiny bit of nute burn on the tips of a couple of the leaves but I had the same with the 4 in the tent so I hope I will be able to deal with it.

I got some ona gel today. I have seen some bucket videos which look and seem very good. I was wondering if I could just leave some in a open tub in the room where the tent is in, would this work aswell ?

Well heres the pictures, Please let me know what you guys think of my first grow so far. It feels like it is taking forever.

11289.JPG

2889.JPG

3776.JPG

6362.JPG

7321.JPG

4540.JPG

5423.JPG

Hey Dig - always seems to take forever when you are giving them a lot of attention. Gets a bit quicker in future grows, but not a lot. Things look nice and healthy - very green and healthy actually! You're doing great - seriously.

:rollit::partyboy::headbanger::goof::rocker::party:Happy 420 Day to you! :party::rocker::goof::headbanger::partyboy::rollit:

Thanks Xlr8,
Im abit worried that the lower bud sites won't get alot of light so I am going to try and get some sort of mesh to keep them supported and keep the leaves out of the way.
Is this a good idea to try and get as much light to them?
Happy 420 Day to you too.

Hi Pericodaking1,
How far down should I trim them to. I was thinking about doing this but didnt want to mess them up.
Thanks

start from the bottom and trip up about 1/5 to a 1/4 way up, but i'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later, you'd normally want to prune right before heading into flowering, but doing it this early in the flowering stage should give you minimal setbacks, but the payoff will be a better yield.

Going to sound like a compleat beginner now -
When trimming does this mean just cut the tips off?
I have heard about people taking the whole leaf off but only if its looking bad.
I dont want to make a big mistake now.
Thanks again

you should always try and remove the entire leaf cleanly from the stem it self, be careful as not to damage the main stem, as this would just slow down growth as the plant tries to repair itself, personally, I use a pair of scissors and get as close to the main stem as possible and haven't had any issues in any of my grows so far :Rasta:

Day 62 from seed - They have been under the HPS bulb for 12 days now.

All females showing quite alot of pistils all over.

I tied the taller side stems to the corner to the tent as they were getting close to the light.

PH is at 5.8 and EC is at 1.9.

I am thinking about upgrading to a 600w or 1000w light setup for my SLH. Can any body tell me how much hotter the temps in the tent will get and what size fans I should use to keep it cool.

Thanks

11291.JPG

2891.JPG

3778.JPG

4542.JPG

5425.JPG

Thanks Mr. Krip,

I got a quick question for everyone.

My humidity is reading between 80 and 90 %. I think I am ment to keep it at 60% or lower to prevent bud rot. I put a cup ful of white dry rice to see if it would do anything but it hasn't made a difference. I have read that I might need a Dehumidifier. Is there any other way to lower the RH on a budget?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom