16 Pot Wilma System Hydro

Pretty cool journal :thumb:

I was thinking of moving over to a wilma system in a few months time but using air pots instead of the regular ones provided as i've seen other style of drip systems using air pots ! more of perpetual grow idea with 2 wilmas on the go... 1 for vegging whilst another is flowering rince 'n' repeat.

But my burning questions is...

1. How often do you flush the reserva or even change the nutrients ?

2. Is the reserva heated to 18c to 21c etc ? ( i think thats more DWC tho)

3. Is the reserva air rated ?

I've seen the rule of thumb stuff every 10 to 14 days, some say once a month & just top up with half strength nutrients etc

Top tips would be very welcomed if ya don't mind sharing :love:

Pretty cool journal :thumb:

I was thinking of moving over to a wilma system in a few months time but using air pots instead of the regular ones provided as i've seen other style of drip systems using air pots ! more of perpetual grow idea with 2 wilmas on the go... 1 for vegging whilst another is flowering rince 'n' repeat.

But my burning questions is...

1. How often do you flush the reserva or even change the nutrients ?

2. Is the reserva heated to 18c to 21c etc ? ( i think thats more DWC tho)

3. Is the reserva air rated ?

I've seen the rule of thumb stuff every 10 to 14 days, some say once a month & just top up with half strength nutrients etc

Top tips would be very welcomed if ya don't mind sharing :love:

Hi and welcome.

The wilmas are great piece of kit. I change res once per week but i keep an eye on ppm with a meter. If it drops too much i'll top up with nutes, if it gets too high i top up with water. ph between 5.4-6.0. The larger systems are trickier to have res change but i just put a piece of hose on the pump and drain into bath. Then fill with a hose. I have multiple wilmas in use now and i wont be changeing to any other system in near future.

How long do u plan on vegging for? What medium would u use? Obviously vegging in a hydro media gives faster growth than coco and soil.

My res is not heated, it doesnt need to be. I line the outside of the tray with white reflective mylar to keep heat out and the temp is always around 70f.

I have 4 air stones in the 16pot systems and i fill it to 100litres.

if u have the air stones the nutrient and water will stay good for longer but in flower wen plants have a high demand for feed u need to change once per week and top up nutes too. But obviously diff strains like diff amounts nutes etc, i just talking about the strains that i like to grow.

U can def use on a perpetual grow but remember u dont want to have ur cuttings vegging more than 3 or 4 weeks or plants will be far too big for the system. I veg for 3, more too make sure there is a nice rootball than to have a bushy plant.

Finally, in my opinion air pots wont make any diff in a wilma system. The plants wont get root bound and they get great airation through the media i use (clay pebbles). I only use air pots for mothers that i am growing long term.

As u can see the flower formation has started nicely. i will do a mass defoliation on 19th aug, day 21 flower. just to allow light through the canopy as it is very dense at the moment.

hempy pot

IMG_11115.JPG

IMG_110514.JPG

IMG_110414.JPG

wilma canopy

IMG_11109.JPG

IMG_110813.JPG

IMG_110611.JPG

IMG_110311.JPG

Nice level canopy, I ve been trying to keep it level makes the grow so much easier:bravo:

Hi all

So today i have s[ent 7 hours defo;iating and pruning the girls. There was alot of lower growth that was crappy so i went crazy with the cutters. I wish i had used the scrog net now as the stems are very weedy and will need staked.

this is day 21 of flower. Please forgive pic quality i have used my mobile to take pics.

IMG_11309.JPG

IMG_113211.JPG

IMG_11339.JPG

IMG_11346.JPG

IMG_113510.JPG

IMG_113610.JPG

IMG_113711.JPG

nice clean lower plant

IMG_11389.JPG

IMG_114011.JPG

Very spindley A.M.S I need to get a sronger oscillating fan in there

IMG_112913.JPG

Here is a cutting a took 21 days ago

IMG_112119.JPG

I thought i'd give u all a sneak at another room i have just while i waiting for things to progress with this journal. I guess im just picture mad. This is more of a cloning/veg room but use it to flower out some of my experimental crosses from time to time.

Plants look a little droopy as i had just fed them and they were very dry

IMG_109712.JPG

IMG_109611.JPG

IMG_109513.JPG

IMG_109418.JPG

IMG_109313.JPG

Hey Cultivator, I was just checking out your grow, I Like your set up, i am on my 1st grow, and will be going hydro soon! I just bought a 30 site EZClone and will be taking some cuttings hopfully this weekend I cant wait to get my DWC set up going! Anyways I saw your aero cloner and wanted to check you out. the thing that i thought was wierd is that EZ Clone does not use a dome any thoughts on this?:peace:

hi TG and welcome

I havent used an EZclone personally but there def needs to be a humity dome unless the place u are cloning has very high humidity. the clones need a humid environment to prevent them transpiring and drying out. In my opinion u will get more failures without the dome and they will take longer to root. U could place clear plastic beer cups over each clone, just an idea. Aero cloners are great, I provide many cuttings for peope and now that people see my roots on my cuttings they are steering more and more away from traditional cloning methods. There is definately a place for using rockwool cubes and root plugs etc but my results speak for themselves and they can be potted in just about any medium.

If u are starting ur first grow my advice would be to get a couple grows behind u before tring DWC. DWC is a very rewarding way to grow and so are most hydro methods but u need to do lots of research first. Having said that i wish u the best of luck.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that u have.

:)
hi TG and welcome

I havent used an EZclone personally but there def needs to be a humity dome unless the place u are cloning has very high humidity. the clones need a humid environment to prevent them transpiring and drying out. In my opinion u will get more failures without the dome and they will take longer to root. U could place clear plastic beer cups over each clone, just an idea. Aero cloners are great, I provide many cuttings for peope and now that people see my roots on my cuttings they are steering more and more away from traditional cloning methods. There is definately a place for using rockwool cubes and root plugs etc but my results speak for themselves and they can be potted in just about any medium.

If u are starting ur first grow my advice would be to get a couple grows behind u before tring DWC. DWC is a very rewarding way to grow and so are most hydro methods but u need to do lots of research first. Having said that i wish u the best of luck.

Thanks for the input, and I will take you up on your offer! When I started getting ready to do this I read a lot, these forumns, books, blogs, I still don't know shit, but I really want to do some hydro! So I got everything, I made a DWC rig and i have my current grow in soil. So my plan is to clone the plants I have and put them in my DWC set up, if I screw em up, I'll take some more clones, and I'm sure I'll screw up! I have Sour Diesel, Critical x Kali Mist, Diesel in veg waiting to be cloned! Anyways if you get time check my grow, I'm open to any input from guys like you that know what they Are doing.

I have a question about your grow, where do you sleep?:cheesygrinsmiley: it looks like you got plants in every room!

hi TG and welcome

Hry cult just to let you know a humidity done isn't needed when cloning using a aero cloner. I've cloned plenty of times in my stinkbud aero cloner and had nothing less than 90% clone root success.

ok......

So its start of week 5 today. I have stake and tied up the plants as the stems just couldnt support the weight of the buds. Wishing i had scrog'd now but too late for that. I have made a video on current situation but having difficulies with pc uploading at mo, keep getting blue screen of death. I'll get it up asap.

Just as an after thought i will be starting another journal wen this one complete. i am fortunate to have many grow areas so what i propose is that i will do a journal that u want to see. So is it soil, coco, hempys, dwc, wilma, flood and drain. I usually run up to 6 600w lights per grow so lets hear what u want to see.

Peace.

In this order, dwc, hempys, flood and drain, coco, Wilma, and soil. Preferably dwc and hempy.

yeah i favouring dwc, the growth of my A.M.S that i currently have growing in oxypots is just unreal for first week flower. This strain loves hydro! i'm shying away from hempys unless i can work out an irrigation system as i dont have the time to manually water lots pots.

Hmm coco, or DWC - heck whatever you want - I enjoy it all. Sorry I've not been around as much lately.

Hi x, dont worry at least u have popped in, thats what counts :)

Back
Top Bottom