First Grow Journal - Wilma System

Very nice Dig! :thumb:

A couple of indicas that I like especially for a newer grower - these are just great plants with few problems and lots of positives for an indoor grower. Not all are this way. For example, I just grew a pretty Blueberry, and the nugs/flavor are great, but she was a huge pain in the butt and picky compared to these. These are strains that I will probably always add to my rotation because they've got a lot going for them:

Snow White (Nirvana seeds) -- very tolerant of PH swings, environment, etc. Easy to grow, really potent narcotic high, smell and taste fantastic. No hermies, no problems. Mostly Indica hybrid. Okay yielder, but great quality.

Magic Bud (Paradise seeds) -- fun trippy high, especially for a Indica heavy hybrid. Massive producer (great yields). Pretty easy to grow, not too picky. Disease/problem resistant. Taste is good, smell is good but nothing fantastic. Plenty potent with a great high, though.

There are TONS of other great strains out there, but I thought I'd mention these as I feel very confident about them. I've only grown 7-8 strains total (all indicas or indica heavy hybrids), but these were 2 of my favorites.

Another that I'll be trying soon that I'm interested in is Skywalker (Dutch Passion I believe). Supposed to be the best characteristics of Blueberry without the problems and challenges. Sounds good to me!

Thanks Ozman,
They are coming along well i thinks !
They have a really nice smell to them - very fruity and fresh. Can see that they are getting bigger day by day. On my next grow I may go for an indica but dont know any good strains, you got any that you would suggest to grow?

Thanks Xlr8,
I was abit concerned at one point with the whole m / f thing so thought I'd post it up here to get some good advice and did ! So It helped me out.

Photos today are at Day 91 from seed - Day 41 from switching to 12 / 12.
Lights were on at the time - next lot of photos will be with lights off.

P10101161.JPG

P10101171.JPG

P10101181.JPG

P10101201.JPG

P10101211.JPG

P1010122.JPG

P1010123.JPG

P1010124.JPG

P1010125.JPG

P10101261.JPG

I didn't like that I bumped your new pictures off the page - they look great and need to be seen! :yummy:

Thanks for that Xlr8,
Im going to look into getting maybe both of what you mentioned for my next grow. Sound nice and easy to keep control of. Just looked them up and saw that the THC is about 15 - 20 % on both. Sounds nice.
I am thinking of getting a bigger tent aswell , 1.2 * 2.4 * 2.0, so will have more space for more plants. I already have spare lights etc - just will need some more fans to add on.
Thanks again bro

No problem, glad if it helps. :thumb:

I see you are already getting "grow creep". You know, when you get so into growing that you start building your own mini grow store in your basement, and constantly upgrading equipment. Happens to the best of us brother - welcome to the club, you're officially hooked on the hobby! :)

Quick update - day 43 from switching to 12 /12.
Had to tie some branches up to a support because they were falling all over the place.

2 of the females are taking longer to get frosty, is this normal ?
Im guessing it is because they are all different strains.

Heres the photos.

P1010128.JPG

P10101291.JPG

P10101301.JPG

P10101311.JPG

P10101321.JPG

P10101332.JPG

P10101342.JPG

Different strains mature... differently. I recently grew a bagseed plant that wasn't very "frosty" at all, at least on the leaves. Despite the fact that it ended up with a few immature seeds, it's the strongest stuff I've grown. You'd have NEVER guessed that based on what it looked like. I kept thinking it was going to be a poor or weak high, and it's a butt kicker. I know one thing - I'm seeing a lot of yummy looking buds. Always a good sign when they're so heavy you have to start tying them up. ;)

Thanks for that Xlr8,

I was given some info on the strains I am growing and looking at it, I see im close to the end now. Im at day 47 "flowering - 12/12 switch". Most of the strains have a flowering period that last upto 9 weeks - im now coming up to week 7. I still have a tank full of water and nutes (EC 2.2 - PH between 5.6 - 6.0) which should last about 5 days. I was planing to flush with ph'ed 5.6 water for the last 2 weeks.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Mekong high
flowering period: 8-9 weeks

Skunk 11
Flowering Time: 7 - 9 weeks

Special K
Flowering time: 65-75 days.

Big Band
Indoor flowering time: 7 - 9 weeks

I would consider not final flushing for another week, and I would add clearex or some kind of a clearing agent in with your PH balanced water when you flush a week later. One week with clearex or similar would be plenty, and if they still aren't looking done after their first week you can still stretch it out one more - does that make sense? Just a suggestion, in case they don't seem ready in time. Some times they take longer to finish than you'd think - usually it seems to me.

High Dive gave you a great link.

Thanks guys,

Its day 51 at 12 / 12 now and decided to flush one of the females. The other 3 are still getting nutes at 2.2, going to do what you said Xlr8 with these 3.

Everything seems ok but on some of the branches where I pinched, the bud development seems slow compared to other parts of the plant.

Heres a few pics from the female BIG BAND, I trimmed her abit, have read that its not the best thing to do, just hope it wasnt a mistake.

P1010246.JPG

P1010247.JPG

P10102481.JPG

P10102491.JPG

P1010250.JPG

Quick question for you guys,

I turned my lights on last night at 8pm and then at 10pm all the electricity was cut off on my street. It wasnt put back on untill 6am in the morning.

Should I just leave the light off untill my next usual time of turning it on?

Thanks

Quick question for you guys,

I turned my lights on last night at 8pm and then at 10pm all the electricity was cut off on my street. It wasnt put back on untill 6am in the morning.

Should I just leave the light off untill my next usual time of turning it on?

Thanks

Sky Rocket's right (and so are you). I realize I'm chiming in late, but go back to your "regularly scheduled programming". ;)

I chopped one of my females today "big band - by Kannabia" at day 117 from seed and day 57 from 12/12 switch. When looking through microscope it was 20% red and the rest cloudy. Heres a few photo of what I have so far.

P10102712.JPG

P10102721.JPG

P1010273.JPG

P10102742.JPG

Beautiful Dig! Really nice harvest my friend. :thumb:

Great job, Dig! :bravo:

Those are some very nice colas you got there! I've got one of those Kannabia Big Band seeds stashed (was a freebie on my last order) and I'm really looking forward to the smoke report! How tall was she when she finished?

Back
Top Bottom