First Grow Journal - Wilma System

Hi Mr. Krip,

Thanks for looking.

I'm not too sure on how long I want to veg them for. What would you suggest? They are 45 days old today from seed.

Its my first ever grow so I'm not too sure on when to switch them over to 12/12.

I have a 400w HPS and all the nutes ready for when they are ready for the change.

Hi Mr. Krip,

Thanks for looking.

I'm not too sure on how long I want to veg them for. What would you suggest? They are 45 days old today from seed.

Its my first ever grow so I'm not too sure on when to switch them over to 12/12.

I have a 400w HPS and all the nutes ready for when they are ready for the change.

Well, you can flip to 12/12 anytime (or keep the vegging forever!), but the longer you veg, the bigger the plant and the more yield. However, you should expect the plant to at least double, if not triple in size once you switch to 12/12 so you need to make sure you don't outgrow your space.

With that bit of information I'll try keep them vegging for about a week or 2.
I want to get all 4 of them to about the same size as the biggest one and then switch.

A quick question , I've got 2m of height and am working abit of LST on the plants. How high should I expect them to grow?

I know it won't be as big as a plant without any LST, but I just want to make sure I don't switch too late.
Thanks

Going to post up a few new pictures I just took.
Everything seems to be coming along fine with the first 4 plants and the 5 new Super Lemon Haze are just starting to grow.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
11280.JPG

2878.JPG

3766.JPG

4530.JPG

Dig, I don't know how tall those specific strains get but most will get as tall as you'd want them to however after topping, fimming, and lst-ing most plants are going to get bushy, that's the trade off. They will get bushier but it will take a little extra veg time to get height.

Looks like it's coming along though, I wanted to tell you if your tent has any intake/exhaust openings you can use the fan you setup with the carbon filter (which you really shouldn't need in veg, a faint cat piss odor is all you get from them in veg but not sure if you wanna smell cat piss either) so you can turn that exhaust fan and use the passive air for intake, it will actually work better with exhaust only and have the intake be passive, you just need a light proof opening on the bottom of the tent. Air goes in on the bottom and exhaust from the top.

My tent has 2 openings on the bottom at the back of the tent, I put a piece of vent pipe with an elbow looking down in the inside and the outside of the tent so no light can stray in threw the pipe. Then I just took the fan that's pulling air out for the light (vented hood) and my carbon filter (not hooked up yet as I'm not flowering yet) and let that do all the air moving. In the future I will get separate fans but I'm broke from all this so i gotta wait a bit but it does work.

Good luck

Hi Whitey,

Thanks for that bit of info. I was going to do that but never got round to it. I might get a new fan in the next few weeks to run as an intake.

At the moment I'm managing to keep the temps between 24 - 28 but thats leaving the tent open a slight bit with a fan blowing air in from the room the tent is in. Is this a bad thing?

I'm on a tight budget now so have to wait untill I pay my debt back before I can buy new equipment.

Thanks for checking my grow out.

The only way I could say that it would be bad in any way is if it's open during lights out period and light is getting in and hitting them. Other than that just make sure no pets or pests can enter, other than that I'd say it's fine.

Thats ok then, I keep it zipped up when lights are off and dont let no light in.
I've been keeping an eye open for flying insects, havent come across any yet but I think I will as the warmer weather comes along.
Thanks for your info.

Thought I'd drop in for a quick update.

Day 50 from seed for the 4 plants in the Wilma setup. P.H is at 5.7 and E.C is at 1.6.
I have just switched from 18/6 to 12/12. I'm using a 400w HPS.

Day 8 for the 5 Super Lemon Haze. P.H is 5.0 and E.C is 1.2.
Im moved these into a different space with a 125w CFL lamp on them for the time being. I might get another ballast soon so I can switch to a MH lamp.

Heres the Pics.

11282.JPG

2880.JPG

3768.JPG

4535.JPG

5417.JPG

6360.JPG

7309.JPG

I have a quick question.

My plants are really starting to smell now - I use my carbon filter to take the smell away when I smell it most during the day, but at night I leave it off because I cant sleep with it on besides me.

Has anybody got any other ways of removing smell with out noise - Air fresheners, etc?

Also does anybody have any good links on how to make hash blocks?

I have seen quite a few but dont know what one will be the best one to try out.

Thanks

Thanks for that Mr. Krip,

Ill pick that up sometime within the next few days.

I took a few pictures this morning, they seem to be growing well and pritty fast under the HPS bulb.

Any comments on how you guys think they are going is much wanted please.

Thanks for checking my grow out guys

11284.JPG

2884.JPG

3770.JPG

4537.JPG

5419.JPG

Hi Sky Rocket,

I switched to 12/12 from 18/6 about 4 days ago now. I've noticed quite a few pistils growing aswell so hopefully all is going to plan so far.

I was worried about spacing, I've been doing some LST on the plants to try keep them low but they are gaining height and width quite quickly so I am always trying to give them a bit more space.

Thanks for passing by

No doubt, Dig - they look really good. :bravo:

Ona gel is good for smell like mentioned. Otherwise there is a small Ozone generator - "Ozone Jr." that works pretty well. Read up on using ozone before going that route as there may be some health considerations, but it does definitely help with smell. Not totally silent either, but might not bother you as much as fan set-up. I keep mine in room that's outside of grow area, and it works. I only use it during last few weeks and right before expecting company. The smell will get triple bad what it is now toward the end, so I'd suggest addressing a good solution now. Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions about Ozone Jr. or anything else...

Thanks guys,

@Xlr8 - I just looked up the Ozone Jr on Amazon - sounds good but a couple of the feedback comments say it stops working after 2 months or so.
Have you had any problems like this?

I have had people tell me I stink of my plants, but where I'm use to the smell I can't smell it on me.

I just ordered some Ona gel so should have that this week and hope that that will help.

Also my plants are starting to get hard to control - space wise. The plants are starting to get in each others way of the light.
I know its going to get more cramp aswell - Im only at day 5 since I switched the light to a HPS bulb.
I dont want to come across too many problems so any advice is much wanted.

Thanks guys

11285.JPG

2885.JPG

3774.JPG

4538.JPG

Back
Top Bottom