1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

Re: 1970s' Blue Planet Organic SOIL-Smellyberry,Super Lemon Haze,Vanilla Kush

10/30 update...

I lost the Wappa. It germinated fine but never came up. I might have planted too deep or possibly it was in a hot spot in the soil. It was the only Wappa seed I had. The same with Smellyberry #2 though this one couldn't get its tail out of the seed for some reason. It split, showed root but the tail stayed inside the seed. I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest which some have mentioned is a tad hot for seedlings. I am becoming a believer. I had what looks like nute burn on the first pair of leaves as you can see in the pictures. All recent growth has been excellent.

So heres the final tally or feminized seeds and seedlings.

• Smellyberry.... 2 seedlings, 2 failed germinations, 1 split seed in the package, 5 seeds left.
  • Vanilla Kush.... 2 seedlings, 3 seeds left in Storage.
  • Super Lemon Haze... 2 seedlings, 1 seed split by me accidentally opening the package, 2 seeds left.
  • ICE... 1 Seedling, no extra seeds.
  • Blue Mistic... 1 seedling, no extra seeds Yes I did spell Mistic correctly. No "y" in the breaders spelling.

Heres a few pics taken today at 10 days old.

Smellyberry #3
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_034.JPG

Smellyberry #1
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_042.JPG

I haven't seen much about Smellyberry here on 420 and it surprises me. I have read that the THC is over 25%, it matures fairly quick, and doesn't get tall making it perfect for tight space grows. Here's the dope on Smellyberry...

• Sex : Regular
  • Type : Indica / Sativa
  • Flowering : Photoperiod
  • Genetics : Blues x Blueberry
  • Flowering Time : Medium
  • Outdoor Harvest : Sept / Oct
  • Height : Medium
  • THC Level : Very High
  • Characteristics : Fruity Blueberry taste, very pleasing, very moreish!
Underground Originals Smellyberry is a Sativa/Indica Hybrid and is a cross between Blues x Original Blueberry. SmellyBerry has been for some people, a good strain to relax stiff muscles, and even to deal with spasms. As an adjunct to painkillers, it is very useful and may even have full on analgesic properties for certain kinds of pain. The Blueberry parent has given a light, energising effect without any edges, as a result the strain maybe excellent for those with mental health issues. The buds and colas on SmellyBerry are extremely dense and the colas are awash with massive, hefty stacked calyxes. The resin production is extreme and coats the buds in a solid layer of THC. The leaves and buds may turn red-blue with lower temps. Smellyberry has a fruity Blueberry taste that is very pleasing and very moreish. Smellyberry's smell is dense, strong and hashy, with some seriously strong fruit overtones. Extremely aromatic, Carbon filters an absolute essential requirement! These cannabis seeds take 7-8 weeks to flower.

Smellyberry is a mellowing, calming cerebral hitter, with no trace of a paranoid edge to it with a feeling of bodily relaxation and lightness, a cannabinoid massage of the highest order.

Smellyberry_Lineage.PNG

Here are pics of my Super Lemon Haze...

SLH#1
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_035.JPG

SLH#2
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_040.JPG

Super Lemon Haze is a popular one here at 420... Twelve12 has some fantastic SLH plants going right now. I find it stretches more than the other plants probably due to its Sativa Dominanance. Heres the description...

• Sex : Feminized
  • Type :
  • Genetics : Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
  • Flowering Time :
  • Outdoor Harvest : October
  • Height :
  • THC Level : 19.33%
  • Characteristics : A very lemony haze, works fast and lasts long
Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze has won the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup with a landslide of votes. Its incredibly intense lemony flavour, with a strong haze background has a sharp and intense taste, which reminds of lemon, lime and pink grapefruit, followed by a very earthy and musky haze aftertaste, with traces of incense and black pepper. The effect is very balanced; it starts with a quick indica-hit feeling that softly moves to a very strong high, with a social and creative side. The Super Lemon Haze is a very smooth compromise between the great qualities of its parents. It's cannabis seeds has 9-10 weeks flowering time, and a very typical Christmas tree shape. Plants tend to grow quite tall, but the internodes are not too far apart, and allow easy topping. The leaves are very sativa-like, while bud formation comes dense and has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio. The Super Lemon Haze is very effective both indoors and outdoors, and responds very well to high-EC hydro systems as well as organic soil setups. When cultivated in soil, the spectrum of terpens is more developed and gives an extra lemony flavour. The THC is high at over 22%, ensuring a very psychedelic experience to even the most experienced smokers.
Effect: A very lemony haze, works fast and lasts long. It’s a very powerful high, very balanced between a physical and a cerebral side.
Flowering outdoor: finishes end October in northern hemisphere, production up to 1000 gr/plant.

Next up Vanilla Kush

VK #1
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_037.JPG

VK #2
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_038.JPG

• Sex : Feminized
  • Type : Mostly indica
  • Genetics : Kashmir, Afghan
  • Flowering Time : Short
  • Outdoor Harvest : End of September
  • Height : Medium
  • THC Level : 22 %
  • Characteristics : Fragrant and potent
Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush is CANNABIS CUP WINNER 2009!! Vanilla Kush is an incredible new Indica-dominant strain and is one of the most fragrant, full-flavoured and potent plants that Barneys Farm have ever offered. Vanilla Kush genetics come from Kashmir and Afghan. The intense aromas from large, dense colas –heavily speckled with red and gold trichromes – bring to mind wild vanilla and lavender, accented with lemon and orange peel. Once lit, the floral and herbal aromas become more concentrated and the smoke offers sweet flavours. Vanilla Kush grows to about 55- 60cm in height indoors and takes her cannabis seeds 60-65 days to flower. Outdoor harvest time is the end of September. Her THC is strong of 22%. The strong, long lasting high allows the mind to relax and eases muscle tension.

Heres a group shot.

Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_044.JPG

I have NOT used any nutes on these yet. I am not sure when the best age is to transplant from Solo cups. I could use some advice in this regard.

Corey from Blue Planet Nutrientssays no nutes on anything under two weeks. I would like to get these transplanted and stable prior to using nutes. I don't want any environmental factors getting in the way of a fair journal for these nutes.

Any advice on transplanting would be good.

I took the baggies off at about 4 days. I am having humidity issues. Humidity is a little low so I have been getting a swamp humidifier going with a rag wick in water container with a fan blowing on it.

Today I purcased an Unltrasonic Humidifier to help. As this is my music studio also, my guitars need an environent of 40-60% RH same as my plants.

Heres a pic of two different Thermometers/Hygrometers.
Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_046.JPG

As you can see there is quite a discrepancy in the Hygrometer. I picked up the brown on which is a high quality combo unit with memory that is used for Humidors. The silver Taylor matches up perfectly with my other Taylor so I know its not the unit. Taylor is a respected brand but I have to beleive that the one for the humidor is more accurate. I use them for my guitar cases and they have done well for measuring the humidity in a guitar case.

Whats up 70sG! Everything is looking good from here. Sorry about the dead seeds and the no pops. It really sucks when you think you have good seeds and a few days later they just do not perform as they should. Oh well, you can't win them all.

As for transplant and nutrients, you can run them in the party cups for at least 2-3 weeks without having any signs of being rootbound and not having too much root circling. If you want to get them into their permanent homes as soon as possible, just wait about 2 weeks from planting into the party cup. They should have enough roots to transplant safely.

Nutrients can be started about 2-3 weeks from seed. If they are at least 4-5 nodes up(which means they should have at least 3-4 sets of "True leaves") they should be ready for the first round of diluted nutrients. That's it usually how I base my decision when I start feeding at least.

As for the Foxfarm soil being too "hot" I kinda on the fence with that one. That is pretty much what I use with a mixture of MG perlite and I have never had a burn issue with all the seeds I have started. Seedlings are pretty sensitive to just about everything especially when they are trying to establish their roots so it could be a number of things causing it.

If nothing works to correct your problem a nice transplant to new soil can do the trick. Hope this helps a little bit. :thumb: Also if I'm wrong about anything, anyone feel free to correct me. :Namaste:

ThatOneGuyy... Thanks for the details on when to transplant. I used 6 oz peat pots my first grow and definitely waited too long to transplant those. I was watering every 8 hours. With these it looks like every 36 hours works for now.

I will wait until the week end to transplant which will give these guys 17 days in party cups.

The people of the pyramids really love their super lemon haze, huh?

2008 Cannabis Cup winner. I had to give it a try. I have 3 cannibus cup winners in this grow. ICE, Vanilla Kush and Super Lemon Haze.

you'll be very happy with the SLH, it's a great strain with an incredibly unique smell/taste/high.

11/2.... Mini update. Day 13 seedlings. When am I officially Vegging?

I realized that my Smellyberry seeds are NOT feminized. It turns out that Underground Originals does do Feminized seed. I am not sure why. For some reason I thought I purchased all seeds feminized so I was content with 2 plants of this strain. Well I don't feel comfortabe with those odds so I germinated 3 more seeds of which 2 germinated. I planted them both on my Lunch hour today. 1 was completely out of the pod and about an inch long. I hope it survives. I have had a difficult time getting seedlings with this strain. Out of 7 seeds, only 4 have germinated. All other strains germinated 100%.

Heres a pic as of lunch today. THe Smellyberry in the middle is showing a tad of yellow on the leaf edges. The other plants look very well.

I will be transplanting on Saturday.

Day_13_Seedlings_004.JPG

You can technically count as soon as it breaks and opens its first set of leaves as veg but I like to start my veg counter 2weeks into the grow. The first 2weeks are spent rooting and after that they take off. Once you get your first set of "True leaves' you can call it veg. Looks good man! Can't wait to see your jungle!:goodjob:

11/4... a short update... Day 15 seedlings with 2 new Day old seedlings.

I let things get a little on the dry side today. THe containers were light as hell and leaves were begging for water. I couldn't get home for lunch today so it is what it is.

THe 2 Smellyberries, #4 and #5 came up yesterday. Today, I see quite the oddity with one of them. Definitely something I have never seen before. I have some ideas on whats going on but I don't know anything for sure. WHat do you think?

Freak_plus_day_15_Seelings_001.JPG

Freak_plus_day_15_Seelings_002.JPG

I am using Fox farm Ocean Forest soil. I am positive I only put one seed in the party cup. Siamese twin?

Heres a shot of the whole crew. The growth from 2 days ago is substancial.
Freak_plus_day_15_Seelings_004.JPG

This is the last picture in the solo cups. Except for the baby Smellyberrys, they get transplanted to 1 gallon square containers tomorrow. I hope to have pics of the transplant process.

When I first saw the pic of the two plants I had to step back and wonder if you planted two seeds in the same cup. I have never seen something like that before. I wonder how that is going to turn out. Glad to see everything is coming together.

Now that I have enlisted in the Blue Planet Army I figured I had better get the same essentials most everyone else in this army have. Gotta have bullets and the gear to go into into battle prepared....
I took a trip to the Hydro store and got good deal on the stuff below. I spent considerable time researching what I wanted, made a list and here is what I came back with...

Now I there will be no excuses....

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_047.JPG

I am using Fox farm Ocean Forest soil. I am positive I only put one seed in the party cup. Siamese twin?

sure its not a volunteer from the soil mix? I get that sometimes, though I admit Im not using a quality brand like FF....

I believe its the other end of the plant...er.. ah.. the root. I am betting that it curly Q'd like a pigs tail and when it got close to the surface it decided to poke through and grow. I will put up another pic tomorrow. Its still growing like a webbed tail.

11/5... Transplant day. The seedlings are 16 days old. Its the weekend and I finally have time to do some needed gardening. Today I transplant 8 seedlings to 1 gallon square pots. I used 1 gal square pots to maximize the space in my cabinet. Unfortunately I can't fit 8 - 3 gallon containers in 4 square feet so 8 - 1s are going to have to do until I get the new grow room complete.

I scrubbed out my 1 gallon pots and catch trays from my last grow (still going in cabinet 1, but now in 4 - 3gal pots)

I then set out the first four plants and pots, got my dirt ready to go. I PH'd my water to 6.3. I put a little Fox Farm Ocean Forest in the pots. Everthing is ready.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_001.JPG

Now that I have everything ready. I use the plant itself to measure just how much dirt to have in the pot. I always bury a little stem to keep the plants nice and low. You can burry right up to just below the cotyledon leaves when transplanting. Roots will eventualy come out the stem into the dirt if you keep it wet enough.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_030.JPG

There is no easy way to do this but I just put my hand over the soil with the stem between my ring finger and my traffic finger, turn the plant over and with a coulple quick shakes it pops right out in your hand.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_010.JPG

The roots look ready for a transplant...
Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_011.JPG

Turn it over gently and place it in the soil. If you have your soil level correct it should be the perfect height. If not I usually adjust the plant level by grabbing underneath the root ball with both hands and lifting a little. Still holding the root ball with both hands I move some soil with my free fingers in or out of the area to adjust the height. Once its where I want it, I add soil to the top.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_026.JPG

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_013.JPG

Now that the soil is in, I slowly water them in until I see runoff in the trays.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_015.JPG

Repeat 8 times and I am done. It took 1.5 hours and I had a helper. Heres a shot of all 8 back in Cabinet 2. I still need to get some Panda Plastic up to help reflect the light. I am using 12 6500K 26w bulbs.

Day_16_Transplant_to_1_gal_pots_037.JPG

Back
Top Bottom