1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

Re: 1970s' Blue Planet Organic SOIL-Smellyberry,Super Lemon Haze,Vanilla Kush

Very descriptive indeed. You sure did mean it when you said that a beginner grower can follow along and emulate it in their journal. hah, Everything is looking good. How is that weird plant looking. the one with the little extra growth?

My 'freak' plant with 2 heads is doing well. I will get another picture of it up today. Its thriving. The second head looks like 3 leaves webbed together.

I am afraid to do anything to it except water it. I realy think its the tap root that came up for air while a root shoot became the new tap root. I could be wrong but its the only thing i can think of. Its the exact same color green as the seedling.

Id love to tag along for this one. Everything looks tip top. Gotta like the new purchases how mant watts on that new light? I was also wandering why you make a extra transplant to 3 gallon. Subbed gonna be a great grow!!

THe HPS is 1000 watts but I can dial it down to 500 watts or 750 watt as well as bump it up to 1100 watts.

The reason for the transplant is space. My 2 grow cabinets are 1' x 4'. I can only get 4 3 gallon containers in a cabinet, but I have 10 plants. Something has to give. Some of my 4 Smellyberry's will be male as they are not feminized.

I have found transplanting not very stressful to the plants. Multiple transplants also replaces the need for a flush if you water them in good and wet.

Thanks Twelve... I am not sure what I am doing yet. Its my plan to use an "under the stairway" space. This is going to provide some logistic challenges. I can get a usable 3.5' x 5' growing area that slopes from 7' to 40" high. Beyond that there is an area for balast etc that slopes from 40" to 0". There is a swinging door on the 3.5' side that leads into my garage so it is an enclosed space inside the garage. The garage is not heated but it is insulated. Average high temps this time of year are low 50s and will only get colder. So there is a heating challenge also.

Light placement and mounting will be trial and error. I will need to offset the light to get the angles of light on the whole growing area.

So the bottom line is don't have a clue how this will work out, but I WILL make it work one way or the other.

I am thinking of using mechanic creepers to keep the plants off the cold floor and assist with getting plants in and out without me banging my head.

i'm working on my cabinet,same issues,no heat in the garden shed,in fact i'm working on running the electric this week.. but,i'm insulating the back/doors with celotex,1 inch thick styro,w/foil..might be something to think about for you to use on the floor there?

Why don't you measure the angle of the slope and cut a couple pieces of plywood to that to give you a level mounting point. As for the temps as long as its insulated you can keep the temps higher than normal with the HID lighting. The heat will be trapped long enough to keep the temps where you need them to be. As long as the pots aren't sitting on bare concrete you should be fine. Your girls wouldn't like the "Cold feet"

Why don't you measure the angle of the slope and cut a couple pieces of plywood to that to give you a level mounting point. As for the temps as long as its insulated you can keep the temps higher than normal with the HID lighting. The heat will be trapped long enough to keep the temps where you need them to be. As long as the pots aren't sitting on bare concrete you should be fine. Your girls wouldn't like the "Cold feet"

All good ideas. I hadn't thought using a level mounting point. Definitely something to consider. I start this project this weekend. I have about 10 days to finish it on my timeline for 12/12 start on my Blue Planet Organic Grow.

11/8... Update Day 19

Things are progressing well. Growth exploded after the transplant. I have yet to give these plants any Blue planet. They get their first dose of Blue Planet Organic on Day 20.

My two Super Lemon Haze
various_016.JPG

Two Vanilla Kush. A little bit of transplant shock possibly on the lower leaves. New growth is fine.
various_017.JPG

2 Smellyberry
various_018.JPG

Blue Mistic up front and Ice in the rear. Blue mystic has some leaf burn on the edges. I don't know what to make of it. New growth is fine however. If find it intriguing that all plants treated exactly alike will show different issues that are consistant with the strain. Both my Vanilla Kush have the same lower leaf issue. Both Smellyberries had a tough time when young but are kicking butt in healthy growth right now. No nutes were given to these plants and they have soil out of the same bag and get the same water.

various_019.JPG

Finally this is the freak... I am not sure what is happening with this plant. I am not sure it's capable of another set of leaves. I have two of these new Smellyberry plants the same age. The "normal" plant is on its 3rd set of leaves. This plant cannot seem to push out its second set. THis is the plant that came up with two stems. I tend to think its doomed. I am going to let it play out though.

various_013.JPG

various_015.JPG

What do think this freak really is?

Everything is looking great on your end except that freak plant. Honestly I have no Idea what caused that or where it will go. It's kinda like those siamese twins that are born all deformed.

Since you are limited to height constraints, do you plant on Topping/fimming/ LST? I think it would benefit you in the long run. Just a suggestion.:thumb:

Yes I plan a FIM real soon. These plants will go in the new flower room under the stairs so hieght will not be as much of a concern. I had good luck with the LST I did, It actually has the biggest bud. Overall yeild will probably go the plant I FIMd though.

I started the Blue Planet Organic Schedule last night. That stuff is definitely organic. I am sure my plants are going to use it well. I gave each plant about 2 cups. 8 plants used up a gallon. The two young ones just got water.

Keeping a veg cabinet and a flower cabinet is taking more time that I thought it would. I look forward to the flowering plants to finish. Even though I exhaust to the attic, my studio stinks in beautiful way but it stinks.

I started the Blue Planet Organic Schedule last night. That stuff is definitely organic. I am sure my plants are going to use it well. I gave each plant about 2 cups. 8 plants used up a gallon. The two young ones just got water.

Keeping a veg cabinet and a flower cabinet is taking more time that I thought it would. I look forward to the flowering plants to finish. Even though I exhaust to the attic, my studio stinks in beautiful way but it stinks.

Oh man wait till you get into the heavier doses of the BPN line. while the soil dries your room is gonna smell for the first day! lol

Not the best of smells to go to sleep to but once it dries out it goes away. If you get a carbon filter+ Hepa filter and have them both going, it should cut down on smells greatly.:thumb:

Everything looks great here bud! Congrats on the new gear, too. You just joined the big boys with that equipment, maybe someday I'll be able to!
I believe that twin you have there is called a Duploid. GodsTrichome had one a while back, turned out great.

The challlenges of a 1' deep cab were a pain. There was just no room for 4 plants to get the light they need down low. I decided that if I am able to do this I might as well maximize my efforts. I move into a different kind of challenge but more space. The challenge of an understairs grow.

Qwixilver, I just took a look at your completed grow and your results were awe inspiring. That was one huge cola!

The slope can be challenging. However, if you have a perpetual grow going and time it right you can utilize the slop to the level of growth the plants in. The newest will be at the lower end, and the oldest at the taller. Keep it spacious so watering is easy. Use some CFL/Fluo for the youngest and HID for the oldest or more CFL/Fluo. I think it's best to use that space for veg only and flower in the other spaces you have. Just a thought. Your plants are looking good even the freak plant is interesting. I try to breed in freakish into a strain if I can. The new strain (Firestorm) one of the seed has 4 fan leafs coming from one node which is very interesting normally Cannabis only have 2. Trying to lock in the trait. Looking forward to see your Frankenstein mature.

Nice grow you have here 1970 glad your not to far into it will be following for sure.
Looks like some top of the market gear you have purchased.

Always love a freak in the garden!

Good luck

Twelve12... the ideas of a perpetual grow using the slope of the ceiling will work well. Thanks for getting me thinking along those lines. I am rigging a way to tilt the light reflector to get more light to the short end of the slope.

Godspeed... I really enjoy watching the freak try to do something. The short end is now sprouting a set of starter leaves while the large end does nothing. Thanks for following along!

Back
Top Bottom