1st All LED Grow - HammerHead - Cheese - GH - Aussie Blue

Its quite a good light considering, ill do a few more pics in natural light, started LST on hammerhead (not because it will be a big plant) just so i can maximise the yield with what i have.

Everything seems to be dialled in pretty bang on, the only limiting factor being light - hence the slow growth, i thought it might possibly be humidity affecting it as i usually run a carbon filter ,extractor fan etc.. Humidity at the moment is 68-71% , so a little higher than i prefer, but considering i want to use as little power as possible its not that much of an issue.

So far though.. im relatively happy with everything, i just hate seeing plants grow slow, under my old MH and the equivalent length of time, they would be 10 times bigger.

I will start flower as of next Monday - and just hope i get a 200% stretch haha :cough:

Ah.. interesting.. bugger me this experiment is going pear shaped! So in both your experiences (Jon and Tony) how long would you suggest i veg under this blue light, or in general? 6-8 weeks, or is it again light dependant?

I feel slightly even more retarded right now :(

all depends bro,I cant remember if your scrogging or not.keep in mind I have no experience with the strains you are growing.if you are scrogging I would say fill the screen around 80% before you flip.I would say expect almost half as much stretch as you would with hid,this will probably vary a bit with different strains but that is my experience.Hope this helps bro:)

Also i forgot to mention.. its been raining here on and off.. and humidity has gone through the roof.. from 68 to 77!! Which now has me thinking.. do i just hook up my old exhaust fan or buy some damp rid or silica.

Dehumidifier is outta the question for this grow.. when i get a room like Jonny boy and T-bone ill lash out and kit it up but for the moment.. cheap ,avoids telling the wife :)

Sorry Jon .. didnt see your post.. to answer your question SCROG isnt my style with this grow, i have fimmed the hammerhead, and i will let the auto do its thing. As its not turning out as planned im just gonna ride it out with minimal work so i dont get frustrated with the end result.

The next grow will be something a little more impressive, 600w MH/HPS - SOG more than likely, as Dr grinspoon and Skywalker OG will be my mums.
Not that ill be mixing those 2 in the same tent.. it will be Skywalker only.
The grinspoon clones will veg in the mother room until daylight savings changes.. then they will live their life outside. ;)

New parcel -
photo304.JPG

Hey guys thanks for dropping in !

@bloo - i use demon seeds buddy - 100% success, i have also used attitude with the same success!

Quick update - The blue LED has been good but i cracked the sh!ts with slow performance , so i grabbed my 120w T5 (im technically still within the power usuage of the experiment so im not cheating.. i just want them to veg faster so i can flip and get it over with.
1 issue im still having is humidity its 76%!!! i left the exhaust fan running all night and nothing changed.. maybe i might chuck in a damp rid.. any suggestions?

Also i added in a tray with 20 jiffy pellets - 5 Cilantro 5 Parsley and 5 basil.. the other 5 are just waiting for when hammerhead is big enough for a few cuttings.
Anyway enough dribble heres a few pics :)
photo_9_39.JPG

photo_8_25.JPG

Herb tray of awesomeness
photo_10_33.JPG

Just thought id throw in a fairly reasonable question for you all?

Do you notice when you go into your room with the LED'S on, you feel slightly strange, almost a dulling feeling or strange altitude sickness effect!
Well i was talking to a very clever man, he pointed out to me ,humans usually do not get exposed to the sort of spectrum's LED lights emit unless they are in high altitude situation.
It is common fact that Ultraviolet light is more intense at higher altitudes.

So i wonder - what is this doing to our plants.. surely if we struggle for breath with minimal exertion and have nausea type related symptoms up around the spectrum range of 440nm > 740+nm, the intake of o2 for plants would be affected or limited somehow- surely making this a new limiting factor?

J
Do you notice when you go into your room with the LED'S on, you feel slightly strange, almost a dulling feeling or strange altitude sickness effect!

with the 2700k, I did get this, its not huge but yeah made me feel a bit uneasy, but I also noticed a very slight strobe on the globe, and I'm betting that had something to do with it

plants are looking good man, cant wait till i can get a bigger space to grow in.. make it look like a space ship like yours :p

Yeah bro - thanks man its a neat little tent, struggling with the LED as im sure you have gathered - im actually researching into the reason that uneasy feeling happens.. i may be onto something.. maybe PAR affects us negatively??

Back
Top Bottom