1st DWC Grow

Thanks stealth grow I'll get one. if it's high how do i lower it

Hi again McN.
If our PPM's are high just add plain water to bring it down (you might need to drain your reservoir a little to make room for fresh water). More water will dilute the nutrients and lower the PPM's.
A TDS meter (PPM meter) will allow you to have much more control over how much your feeding your plants and not overfeed.
In a perfect grow you would want your PPM's to stay constant throughout the week in between reservoir changes. This would mean that your plants are drinking water and consuming nutrients at an even rate, so nutrient PPM would be at a perfect level.

example: If you change your reservoir and leave the nutrient PPM's at 500. You go back 2 days later to find the PPM's are up at 650 and there is only a little water gone from the reservoir. This means that you have over fed. The plants are drinking water, or its evaporating faster than the plants can consume the nutrients out of the reservoir.

Vice versa... If you come back and the PPM's are down to 350 and the water lvl is also down a couple of gallons then you know your plants are drinking and eating a lot, and you could up the nutrients. :morenutes:

If you come back 2 days later and water lvl is down a gallon, but PPM's are still right around 500, then you fed the perfect amount.

Hope this makes sense and helps.;)

In your guys opinion how when should I flower my cheese bomb I can only have 2.5 ounces my auto plant is already flowering your opinions matter thanks.

That's a hard question, are you gonna top it or just have the 1 main top? It also depends on the average yields of your strain which I have no clue about. There are big producers and not so big producers.
I'm assuming your 2.5 ounces is dried meds, so by the wet/dry weight math (75% weight loss once the buds are dried) you could have a plant that looks to have about 10 ounces on it while still growing, cause once that 10 ounces is dried it ends up about 2.5 ounces.

Very hard to judge how much weight your gonna yield, especially using pics on the interweb.;)

Updates I tried the defolation method on one of my plants I also have started a bubblelicious and my purple chesse auto is doing good and so is the cheese bomb after the trimming
20140411_195118-1.jpg
20140411_195112-1.jpg
20140411_195127-1.jpg

Hi McN.:ciao:
Your gonna want to keep the LED's about 18-24 inches from the light. I personally try to keep the light 2ft from the plant, especially when they are seedlings and young plants. They are more sensitive to the light intensity when they are young.;)

Read the specs from the manufacturer if they provided any, but you should be safe at 18-24inches.

Don't expect to much stretch with LED's. They do stretch during the first 21 days of flower, but I find that the plants get super bushy and don't stretch a lot in veg with LED's.

Light penetration is decent but I Scrog my plants out to grow more horizontal therefore giving more light to more of the plant.
I usually strip all the growth from the bottom of the plant under the net that isn't getting light on day 21 of flower, after the initial stretch is done. This is done so the plant can put all its energy into the top of the plant where the good stuff happens.;)

I document it all in my most recent journal if you wanna take a peek.

As far as when to flower, it all depends on your grow space. The rule of thumb is that the plants will double in size/height during flower.

Back
Top Bottom