1st DWC Grow

20140414_155844-1.jpg

Good morning everyone update on the girls I switched my t5 out for a 150 hps since my auto flower is flowering. The cheese bomb is doing awesome since the 2nd defolation just yesterday and my new seedling bubblelicious auto is doing good

Quick question stealth grow how often do you res change I read up on it but one says every week and the others say 2 weeks

It really depends on the size of the reservoir. I have 15gal. reservoirs and change them out once a week. If you have larger reservoirs you can space out the changes a little more but to be on the safe side, once a week IMO.

From your pics it looks like your just using 5gal. buckets to grow in so you will certainly want to change them out completely once a week.

Thanks I have 3 5 gallons so I'll stick with weekly so what's a good hydro system to try after my dwc

A bigger DWC or RDWC (recirculating);)

I don't know If you've seen any of his you tube video's but HygroHybrid is the shiznits when it come to DWC or RDWC grows.
He grow monsters, 1.5 pounds with 1 plant on a 5ft x 5ft scrog. I try to duplicate his style on my 3ft x 2ft scrog. You have to pay to subscribe to his channel now due to youtube stuff (1$/month) but its well worth the price for the knowledge that you'll gain. He's a little long winded sometimes but he pretty much walks you through grows, nutrients, flush, harvest.

Hi again McN.
If our PPM's are high just add plain water to bring it down (you might need to drain your reservoir a little to make room for fresh water). More water will dilute the nutrients and lower the PPM's.
A TDS meter (PPM meter) will allow you to have much more control over how much your feeding your plants and not overfeed.
In a perfect grow you would want your PPM's to stay constant throughout the week in between reservoir changes. This would mean that your plants are drinking water and consuming nutrients at an even rate, so nutrient PPM would be at a perfect level.

example: If you change your reservoir and leave the nutrient PPM's at 500. You go back 2 days later to find the PPM's are up at 650 and there is only a little water gone from the reservoir. This means that you have over fed. The plants are drinking water, or its evaporating faster than the plants can consume the nutrients out of the reservoir.

Vice versa... If you come back and the PPM's are down to 350 and the water lvl is also down a couple of gallons then you know your plants are drinking and eating a lot, and you could up the nutrients. :morenutes:

If you come back 2 days later and water lvl is down a gallon, but PPM's are still right around 500, then you fed the perfect amount.

Hope this makes sense and helps.;)
This should be a sticky!

66 to 69 after change iv had issues with that auto flower the whole time I'm slowly killing the root rot but it sure has thrown me alot of curve balls

I had the same problem with a Kerala X Skunk plant. I just could not get it healthy. Luckily it saved me a lot of hassle and turn out to be a male.

Back
Top Bottom