2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

I agree with PotBro! I have a runt named Rootie and everyone in my journal kept whispering in my ear to keep her going, I listened of course, but I wanted to pull her because she was nute burned from hot soil and stunted growth. She managed to wake up and shake it off. Now she is as healthy as can be!

I think they look a bit better today. PPM was at 580 and pH at 6.15 - added .5 mL pH Down

Funny to me how they grow so differently - some are quite tall in comparison.

hi grow chick .....they dont look to bad at all...and look to be improving on the new growth thats showing......now you in trouble 3rd nodes are out :rofl:....

that light sure is making move along swiftly....hope you get the Ph n stuff balanced soon.....thats what puts me off those systems..i love the growth rates n stuff,dont get me wrong...i just likes me easy soil too much..... :laughtwo:

blue mystics in a RDWC,i wanna learn as much as i can about it...if you dont mind me scribbling away in my note book that is :passitleft:

hi grow chick .....they dont look to bad at all...and look to be improving on the new growth thats showing......now you in trouble 3rd nodes are out :rofl:....

that light sure is making move along swiftly....hope you get the Ph n stuff balanced soon.....thats what puts me off those systems..i love the growth rates n stuff,dont get me wrong...i just likes me easy soil too much..... :laughtwo:

blue mystics in a RDWC,i wanna learn as much as i can about it...if you dont mind me scribbling away in my note book that is :passitleft:

I'm super happy to have you along for the ride! The pH in the hydroponic system is a nightmare until you get used to it. It's always moving as the various nutrient salts get bound up by the pH additives and whatnot, but for me, personally, the hydroponic garden is so much easier to deal with than soil.

I am seriously afraid these little ones are about to burst out in growth and get bigger than the nursery before I get the big plants cut down. I have a back up plan, though. I may have to build a larger garden for them to sit in between the nursery system and the final system. I got a spare giant rubbermaid bucket just in case.

pH issue is finally resolved (at least for now) These little ladies are starting to look good and happy again!

On of the little ones was bone dry this morning. The tube that waters them got clogged under it. Cleared that out - sure hope she recovers.

2015-12-03_05_22_52.jpg

She's already much, much better!
2015-12-03_06_34_18.jpg

Of this bunch, this one is my favorite.
2015-12-03_06_34_25.jpg

Might be time to move my light up - there's still a little curling on the leaves, but the pH is under control now.

pH up:party:

The favorite lil one.. She looks juicy indeed. Does she have a name? Are you going to introduce us or do i keep standing here gawking at her? :battingeyelashes:

She hasn't told me who she is. I've been fretting over the older cousins so much I've not really gotten to know these ones so well yet. She does feel a bit Irish to me, though, now that I'm thinking about it. I must be high. :rofl:

Irish have red hair right? Leprechauns yeah..
So maybe she'll be covered in gorgeous red hairs soon, i like redheads :)

OMG lol me too. I have such a weakness for redheads. :rofl:

G'Morning GrowChick! :passitleft: Girlies look good. Lushy greenness going on in those buckets. How have the buckets been going for you? Would you do anything different next grow?

G'Morning GrowChick! :passitleft: Girlies look good. Lushy greenness going on in those buckets. How have the buckets been going for you? Would you do anything different next grow?

I'm going to rebuild this bucket before I use it again, yes. I've been struggling to keep all the root cubes wet because I used way to many sprayer heads initially, then ended up removing them because they clogged badly and plugged up, and now it's just little jets of water that spurt out under there. I will redo it with a new hose with only 6 holes in it that point properly toward the bottom of the net cups. I had the right idea just kinda shoddily implemented since it was a prototype.

These are slower growing compared to the last bunch. At 21 days, the tallest is 3". On my last grow, the tallest was 6" at 21 days. This is working out well because the last grow hasn't come down yet so these can go in their big girl pots. One of them finally has a single amber trichome so they'll be out of the way in 1-3 weeks, I guess.

I'm kinda wondering why I thought I should sprout 6 seeds. Adding two more grow cells to my garden is an entire day's chore, and the four plants under the light there now are way bigger than the space can handle. I musta been high.

Back
Top Bottom