2020 Outdoor Organic Grow Central Canada

I hope your right that it's residual from the citric spray. shed will be by soon.
I am 90 percent sure thats powdery mildew, unfortunately. Tha latter pics might be residue but the first two, almost guaranteed PM. I am talking out of my own experience as this little fungus caused me lots of headaches this season. I recommend milk/water spray and peroxide bath when harvested + keep an close eye on it so it doesnt spread on the buds. Good luck!

Also if you are not sure, you can check that with microscope if you have one for trichomes. The PM creates sort of web structure, its easy to spot with magnification. You are looking for this stuff:
xoido5_blog_full.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ktNUXfx9wp.jpg

I am 90 percent sure thats powdery mildew, unfortunately.
I'm 95% sure that is citric acid residue but thanks for your feed back.

spray and peroxide bath when harvested

I guess you didn't read my journal.

But that is ok, i appreciate the comments.

keep an close eye on it so it doesnt spread on the buds.
I am, and the reason I know it is not PM is because it is not growing in size, actually the opposite, any leaves that had spots of PM, currently do not.

I recommend milk/water spray
Nope, only works when the sun can bake it on, read up on how milk creates anti bacterial/ anti fungal properties. I use it durning veg, if there is PM at that stage.
The whether is no longer warm enough to transform the milk into anti bacterial/ anti fungal properties.
Milk will also ruin the the pistils, turn them orange before their time.

That is the problem with fitting PM at this stage, you need something that wont adversely affect the buds. And citric acid is working well for that.

Thanks @Suck :thumb:, and welcome to my journal :welcome:

That's great that the citric acid has done the trick and all good now. Your plants are looking really nice, the home run now!
It really has done the trick, I have been replying ever 4-5 days. Thanks to InTheShed for sharing :high-five:

They are looking outstanding Kodiak! I am glad it was a false alarm with the post PM treatment. The purple buds look really striking.:hookah:
Thanks Bro :high-five:, the purple is really vibrant, it has to be the phenotype. I found in the past the purple doesn't usually start until this time of year. But I'm not complaining :rofl:.
I'm getting excited for the final stretch.....

Durban Poison
That's a strain i would love to try, but I don't think the climate here is good enough. I've always have issues with sativas growing them outdoors.
I guess there's always autos, but that's another story. Autos are my nemesis. :rofl:

The plants look great, and I love the purple!
Thanks Shed :thanks:

That's the one! It's a really variable strain with more phenos than I can count. Some folks get huge ones and some get tiny harvests. Mine are always small but I know that going in so I'm not disappointed like I would be with other autos.

Earlier this summer I grew three in a 7 gallon pot:

Not much of a harvest and the aphids love it, but it dries black and smells great. Nice little sativa!

That's the one! It's a really variable strain with more phenos than I can count. Some folks get huge ones and some get tiny harvests. Mine are always small but I know that going in so I'm not disappointed like I would be with other autos.

Earlier this summer I grew three in a 7 gallon pot:

Not much of a harvest and the aphids love it, but it dries black and smells great. Nice little sativa!

Very cool, and the colour is exceptional...
I might need to see if I can find some for next season.
Mind you I've already bought few or three hundred bucks worth of seeds :rofl: but I never know what I want to grow until last minute.:cheesygrinsmiley:

aphids love it
Then again :rofl:

I love growing autos..I always grow a few different 1s every year
I always try, but usually very disappointed. Now saying that, the random auto seed that I did crop out this season was nice, but by no means large.

I will keep trying to find something that works for me.
I am trying some fast strains next year, we'll see how that goes:rofl:

I got myself some winter reading,

PXL_20200925_150327250.jpg

PXL_20200925_150339835.jpg

Still waiting for these to arrive

Screenshot_20200925-110652.png

Screenshot_20200925-110751.png

I'm kinda like @The Celt , I jump in with both feet. I'm also a " into the details" kind of person, mostly because of the kind of work I do.
So these should give me something to think about over the winter.

:nomo::reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom