36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

I veg too.
20151010_005125-1.jpg
20151010_005114-1.jpg
20151010_005104-1.jpg
20151010_004945-1.jpg
20151010_004948-1.jpg
20151010_005001-1.jpg

2 days ago I top dressed with my own compost, kelp meal, crustacean meal, a bit of gypsum, and watered in twice now with coconut water. To the flowering plants, CBD WIDOW in a 5g bucket, and another gg4 x Blue Dream in a 15g layered pot. Lots of compost and mulching in this one.

My leds do fine for vegging, although I wouldn't mind a larger spread and better light. I use a 1k hps non stop in my flower tent, and I'm not about to pay $1k+ to replace it with led or plasma.

The bulb I recently put in looks brighter. The light looks more white with some yellow, as opposed to the orange color of the prior bulb. The whole tent is much brighter, and the plants haven't complained.

My leds do fine for vegging, although I wouldn't mind a larger spread and better light. I use a 1k hps non stop in my flower tent, and I'm not about to pay $1k+ to replace it with led or plasma.

The bulb I recently put in looks brighter. The light looks more white with some yellow, as opposed to the orange color of the prior bulb. The whole tent is much brighter, and the plants haven't complained.

Can you give us particulates about the lightbulb? I assume it's marketed in some special manner to distinguish it from others. I'm just curious. I'm pulling back into my closet and the LEDs I have will be more than adequate, so until I live in a legal state I'll stick with them.

There seems to be more attention being paid to the white light. Have you seen how Graytail's young vegging plants are doing under his new light with all the white in it? Amazing. Made his grow look even better.

I'm sorry to say I know nothing about this bulb. I got it from a repo remodel job, the box was old. I really just did it because I has it and wanted to try something new. I didn't know if it would work or be broken or old, but it looked unused.

I have not seen graytails white light plants, but I have always been a believer in full or mixed spectrums. His plants always look great, and I have no doubt he can take advantage of a full spectrum light. I've advised people to look into diy white cree cobs instead of purple branded lights.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hey there, typed ya a PM. Whoops need 50 posts to send it. I'm the artist formerly known as COo, and haven't been around these parts in a while. Hope things are great for you.

2 seeds above ground today when I stopped home. More to come.

Throw seed in dirt. Keep it moist. Care for plants. Easy enough to me, although I don't pay for seeds and have less financial risk from failing seeds. Doesn't happen much though.

I have a sense that the anxiety associated with that high financial risk per seed brings with it a higher rate of failure to germinate.

I feel your pain. It is weird about 420 pictures. I can upload 20 just fine, then run into non-stop problems for a couple of days.
If I have a picture that exceeds the maximum file size, that almost always causes the site to crash. But it also happens at other times - even when uploading just a couple of smaller photos.

Can you give us particulates about the lightbulb? I assume it's marketed in some special manner to distinguish it from others. I'm just curious. I'm pulling back into my closet and the LEDs I have will be more than adequate, so until I live in a legal state I'll stick with them.

There seems to be more attention being paid to the white light. Have you seen how Graytail's young vegging plants are doing under his new light with all the white in it? Amazing. Made his grow look even better.

Most white light is a mixture of some spectrum of blue. So an HPS that is whiter probably has a wider variety of spectrums for the plant to use. Yellow and orange are not tremendously useful, but obviously their close counterpart Red is. Blue diodes in an LED panel are not really necessary because white diodes will cover that area.

Edit: If you ever panel shopping again, look for the panel with the most white (cool and warm) and red diodes. FYI a white diode is just a blue diode with a white phosphorous jacket so some blue shines through...and white is actually just a mixture of other colors to begin with. Because of this you dont really need all that many actual blue diodes. UV and infrared are unnecessary with little to no science to back up their presence in almost every panel on the market now.

Back
Top Bottom