400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

sat when i flushed, i got PH to 5.8, PPM was right about 1400... all 3 res are pretty much the same when im done every time i flush, i bleach the tubs, airhoses, and stones, then rinse all with hot water and then soak the hoses and stones in PHd RO water while im mixin solution, usually all ends up the same.

the ph was down around 5.2 yest, but each res had consumed 1 gal of water so i added 1 to each and got ph to 5.7-5.8 in each. as i posted earlier, i read that the ph goin down means the girls are eatin and consumin potassium, provided they are healthy.

just now i checked and ph is 5.6/ ppm is 1500 in the res im worried about. water temp is 67*. shined light in at the roots and they are nice bright white. gonna go try and find a scope tomoro and go thru from canopy to root tip.
the other two res are 5.7 ph and 14-1500 ppm, water temp 67-68*.

every week i flush and the water looks fine, no smell or residue in the bottom or sides or on netpots and roots.

environment has been great, 70* @ night, 79-82* air temps and only gets to 82* very rarely. RH has been under 50% during flower, not below 40%. had fan on osc over/under the canopy alternating with having it on the light to keep airflow but give them a rest. door is slightly cracked for part time during lights on to let in fresh air, have bathroom exhaust fan on 24/7.

thanks corey and FF... gonna find a scope tomoro.

on a lighter note... starting to get nice an frosty. and stinking too
jack
wk_8_th.jpg

sour grape(healthy one)
wk_8_th_2.jpg

these blue dream are starting to look killer...
wk_8_th_3.jpg
wk_8_th_4.jpg
wk_8_th_5.jpg

sounds like everything is just about is perfect. PPM seem a little high to me but not too high. I like to run about 1200 accept during the last few weeks. It seems likely that it might be some sort of pest or even a weak plant. I am interested to see if there are any pests on your plant roots.

yea i didnt think it would be that high, i thought i adjusted the levels enough to where i could raise the liquid bloom and reg bloom and have it be right around 1300, i really dont want to go higher until the last 3 weeks or so. could it be from early on when i messed up the plants? im thinkin the smaller root structure isnt allowing for sufficient feeding?

... the jack herer keeps has a large amount of 3 count leaves... im wondering if it is genetics, stress or what? it looks healthy enough, seems to be flowering well, it was the first one to show signs of flowers actually.
or is it less energy going into producing light grabbing fans and more concentrated into making buds.

yea i didnt think it would be that high, i thought i adjusted the levels enough to where i could raise the liquid bloom and reg bloom and have it be right around 1300, i really dont want to go higher until the last 3 weeks or so. could it be from early on when i messed up the plants? im thinkin the smaller root structure isnt allowing for sufficient feeding?

Root development is one of the most important aspects of having a healthy plant. It is always best to take your time in the beginning and really pay attention to how much nutrients you feed and how much you water so your root system will develop into something that will support your plant. How do you think you messed up the roots?

i got all the roots goin good and they all seemed to be growin well, there were just some that were at different stages, but not too far apart. the one(res) in question had one plants roots that were kickin ass, and the other plant in the res with it was goin a little slower, and they grew together in the res an knotted up together like they do, and i think it slowed it, after lookin at it, it looks like the knot is mostly the other plant.

i had the guy over yesterday that i got the clones from and he said it looked stunted and could be possible that the majority of the root is one plant's. then it would prevent adequate nutrient supply.

im about to flush, so ill post some pics of the situation...

The choke-out that appears amicable but one of your girls is killing the other, sounds like drama in your grow room, lol. It's common for the roots to entangle but in the dwc water, if the fluid is touching root, you should have nute uptake.

The choke-out that appears amicable but one of your girls is killing the other, sounds like drama in your grow room, lol. It's common for the roots to entangle but in the dwc water, if the fluid is touching root, you should have nute uptake.

heres some pics i managed to get last night, sorry theyre crappy, one handed shots of the inside of the tub they sit in while i clean/add new water to the regular res tub.
wk_8_sg_rt.jpg
wk_8_sg_rt_2.jpg

Plants are looking real good man, how often do you change your reservoirs?

thanks bsky...

yea theyre startin to take some good shape. i res change every sat usually starting when lights come on. i also clean all water touching parts with bleach and hottest water i can get.

thanks for stoppin by all who did, and input/comments are welcome and appreciated...:peace:

Wow i though you would of had a few more roots then that bro, on the bright side lots of space during flower and no chance of being bound.

My first bubble bucket was NFT scrog think it was about 25 litre res, half way through flower it was packed with no space at all, anyways had problems and as it was a scrog was unable to do much. i learned a lesson there.

Everythings looking sweet bro + Reps for keeping it together.

gs- yea i messed up and got some crappy net pots, not very good holes in the bottoms to allow roots, i ended up havin to drill out a bunch of holes in the bottoms of all of them while the plants were in them, talk about stressful. i just kept picturing pullin out the drillbit with an entire root system wrapped around it! i will def be switchin to better netpots next time. i think that has alot to do with it, its got me worried more an more now as flower progresses, its gonna affect yield.

thanks for reps man! i definitely have a checklist of things that i messed up on that im going to change up next go at it.

day 21 defol time... but... MOLD!!! below ill overview how i treated for it, any input would be appreciated on this one ASAP!!! can i still defoliate? or am i just askin for it, opening up a bunch of wounds with those spores just lookin for somewhere to go. or should i wait a few days. i already did the sour grapes defol.

found some powdermold around the rims of net pots, a little had spread to the lids, an some was on the cubes by the base of the stems.

took apart fan, humidfier, washed with HOT bleach water, sprayed down with peroxide, repeated. washed walls + bathtub with clorox wipes(i do this weekly as is), CAREFULLY wiped down res lids, netpot tops, threw out cover plates and mylar lid covers(i believe this was the cause of mold, trapping humidity under and no airflow= stupid move). wipe entire room with bleach.
finally, i sprayed the hydroton and cube tops with neem oil mixed for fungicide control(2 tbsp/gal water). will be repeating that step, label says treatment will kill mold off in 24 hrs, so i think that is a safe route since the mold is in a bad spot to do anything else really. anything i add will go straight to my res, so i think this will mess things up the least.
wow, i think ive done almost everything you can do to try and kill off a mmj garden. ill be surprised if i make it out alive...

day 21 defol time... but... MOLD!!! any input would be appreciated on this one ASAP!!! can i still defoliate? or am i just askin for it, opening up a bunch of wounds with those spores just lookin for somewhere to go. or should i wait a few days. i already did the sour grapes defol.

so far ive only seen it on the res lids and netpot rims... i hope i got to it soon enough, i havent seen it on any plants.

Sounds like you have the problem under controll, next step is more air flow under the canopy try leaving it a day or 2, if you dont see any more appear then do your defoliation and chop some of the under growth off to help with circulation.

We are all learning here brother i remember my first grow, didnt have a clue now you have a list of things not to do, list of things you should be doing, process of becoming a better gardener.

:peace:

gs- i think thats what needs to happen most. fri night i was just talkin about how i want another fan dedicated to under canopy circ. as of now, i sprayed neem oil on lids, hydroton, and netpots, let dry and added new plates to block light out. i think before i leave for work tonight, ill pull the covers and spray some more neem, and leave the plates off overnight to let dry, add em back lights on.
i did do some fan removal, but not much, im gonna give the neem oil the 24 hrs and then some to work its magic and then ill do a good defol.

thanks man i know its a learning process, frustration comes quick for me. im glad i came across this site tho, i dont know where id be without all the helpful feedback from ppl like you and everyone else who has checked out this thread...

253- if you just took one i think youll be ok... esp if it had mold! get it outta there. if you look back a few pages in my journal here, theres a link to a thread on a different site thats like 180+ pages of good info on defoliating... i dont know how to post links, so youd be better off checkin yourself.

day 1 after treatment, no new signs of any mold! think i may have gotten to it before it got out of control. lastnight a couple hrs before lights out i soaked the top layer of hydroton and the res lids with the neem oil mix, and then this afternoon at lights on, did the same thing, and have the fan osc across the tops of the res. i may do this one more time midday, and once more a couple hrs before lights out again. its supposed to kill it off in 24 hrs but im gonna treat it for 48 or so.

Back
Top Bottom