400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

heres some progress pics from flush... i usually post feed sched, but i didnt change anything from last week. i have BPN 3 part elite and liquid bloom boost from BPN as well... i think its workin great
blue dream, tryin to bend large branch across and get a couple large buds goin.
wk_9_pstf_7.jpg

those sour grapes strugglin...
wk_9_pstf_6.jpg

below... first the healthy sour grape, then blue dreams
wk_9_pstf_2.jpg
wk_9_pstf_3.jpg
wk_9_pstf_4.jpg

with how slow those sour grapes are goin(2nd pic down in last post), i think they gotta go. theyve looked pretty much just like that since the first week of flower or so. im on the line here, that space could be used for those blue dreams that want to take over. i dont think theyre gonna produce any kind of yield at all, but could they snap out of it?? i added 2 40w 2700k CFLs to them and they didnt do much more than perk up a little.

and checked around the room this am, NO MORE MOLD! got it for now i think.

rotated the 400w 90* to change the spread over the girls...

Defol will effect bud size. But you can work it in if you want.

Yes it will. It'll make all those lower popcorn buds into monster buds like the rest of the tops! Well, maybe not THAT big. But you get my drift.

I've used 9 parts nonfat milk mixed with 1 part ro water and sprayed powdery mildew I saw on my root riot cubes in dwc. Seems to work fine.

Looks like the SG needs some nitrogen in the diet, the slow growth is it have to use up the storage from the leaves to feed the buds, enough to bloom what it could. To speed things up they still need about 10ml of grow along with 15-20ml of bloom in whatever nutrients you are using. Your other plants are moving along nicely, some strain require more/less just look at the leaves.

Looks like the SG needs some nitrogen in the diet, the slow growth is it have to use up the storage from the leaves to feed the buds, enough to bloom what it could. To speed things up they still need about 10ml of grow along with 15-20ml of bloom in whatever nutrients you are using. Your other plants are moving along nicely, some strain require more/less just look at the leaves.

If what you need is nitrogen, increase the MICRO. It has the greatest percentage of N and a little extra micros will not endanger the health of your plants at all.
As always, keep the pH in order because that alone is the biggest issue I see with grows on this site. Ph level determines if your plants can eat the nutes or not. If pH is not correct, the nutes will just hang around and say NO to your roots when they want them.

Lookin good so far bro. keep up the good work
:Namaste:

Another thought:
If you are using tap water, you absolutely do not need Calmag if you water is above 200 ppm or so. Plenty of calcium in there and the MICRO contains 5% calcium which is enough to prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes easily and tomatoes have much higher requirements for Ca than cannabis.

Oh, btw, nitrogen deficiency manifests itself with the entire leave gradually turning light green and then yellow.....totally normal during flowering. It seems like there is intervenal chlorosis/necrosis which is most likely magnesium and not N.
Boost the mICRO and add a little epsom salt...just a little (a level teaspoon per gallon in hydro). and only for 1 res change. Mg is a mobile element and if you juice your plants with a little extra Mg, that may get you through your grow with no Mg issues. It is also very rare to overdose your plants with Mg. just keep the ppm in check when adding epsom salts. A little extra N will not hurt your plants either this early in flower.

b- thanks, thats interesting a how to use milk, i was just readin that somewhere too. but i think i got it. took out the humidifier, used neem oil mixed for fungicide, cleaned whole room with bleach, and fully expected it to come back. but so far so good. i wanted to wait on the full defol for day 21 until the mold issue was fully dealt with, i didnt want exposed tissue. i did take quite a few fans an some lower stuff however, since flower technically start until 'flowers' start to appear, maybe ill go again sat/flushtime.

12- 8ml/gal grow, 12ml/gal micro, 22.5ml/gal bloom, 8ml/gal liquid bloom, 5ml/gal calmag. thats what theyve been gettin since week 8(wk 10 begins sat), pretty much goin off of BPN fee sched, i changed it a bit, but now the only thing changed is 2.5ml more per gal of bloom. thanks man, just gotta research some more.

Corey- thanks. i am usin RO water and i keep the PH at 5.8 pretty religiously, if not its just under and i let it rise up but never over 6, and never below 5.6. im adding 12ml/gal of micro, maybe ill try boostin it tomoro, so up micro AND 1tsp/gal epsom salts? sounds like its worth a shot.

yep, hermi! $#@&*&! i chopped an kept all the leaves(in freezer), and practiced a little trimmin, dryin now, and im gonna see how they cure up.

C- i hope they didnt bust, i know the pic where it looks like they did i had been pokin at em with the razor knife.

well now down to three... maybe to zero if those bananas let off... bummed:thedoubletake:

corey- i upped the micro in the problem res back up to 10ml/gal,(i had posted i was adding 12ml but was @ 8), the others are on sched @ 7. i wasnt sure about the epsom salts you suggested as im usin RO water and adding 5ml/gal calmag with every res change.

12- i am using 12ml/gal grow, 22.5ml/gal bloom, 7ml/gal micro, 8ml/gal liquid bloom boost and 5ml/gal calmag. i think im going to find another flower supp. somethin straight K for this mid to end of the flower cycle. i want to add that mid-week when i have to replace the water they drank up maybe that will help out too, now that ive chopped that SG, the bluedreams have quite a bit more real estate to grow in. im thinkin maybe ill get 4 more blue dream clones?

and thanks for all the help/suggestions everyone!

??? i had to chop out the hermied SG plant, but its 'sister' plants roots are entangled with the plant i chopped... i left the stalk in its pot and roots in the res. will it stay alive in the res? do i have to worry about roots dyin off and then rotting? i was watching water dripping out of the cut stem ends yesterday.

any input would be helpful, thanks

You may want to go by what someone with more experience says. But I would pull it anyways. Clean hands well, and as gingerly as possible separate roots as you take it out. Sure some will break. Add hygrozyme to your mix and they may just become good plant food for your roots.

I have seen where people litterally cut off bunches of root and kept their grow gowing. They had too much root mass in their hydro systems and it was plugging shit up. so they cut 'em.

so im thinkin im havin 3 maybe 4 def happening!
>phosphorous (P)>>
wk_10_def_2.jpg

>calcium (Ca)>>
wk_10_def_3.jpg

>magnesium (Mg)>>
wk_10_def.jpg

ive been readin around and this us i think what is happening, and of course not all three are happening in the same res, one or two of each def in each res...

the last pic im not completely sure of, no pics look exactly like it that ive found lyet

def a good learning exp. lol, other then that at least youve narrowed it down! that looks like the 3 to me! keep us up to date on how this progresses =)

added some calmag to all three res today. plannin on reuppin the micro in res II an III, micro back up to 10ml/gal in res I(the sourgrapes in trouble) as of sat, they seem to be doin better now. ive been adding calmag at the same level since i believe week 4 of veg, (5ml/gal), foolishly i did not raise it with the other nutes.

i also think i could have a potassium (K) def, due to lower RH, i think since ive been usin RO water in the humidifier, its harder to keep RH high enough so it caused def in K, which could lead to these other possibilities. i dont know, ive got to get a handle on it quick. i will increase the grow part as well... too tired, cant deal with it until lights on anyway.

anyone see somethin i dont or see somethin i should do, lets hear it! much appreciated.\
thanks

Jjames, im having the same little dots appearing on my plants AND ALSO the same leaf discoloration. Im going to read into it more for myself so i feel comfortable about it. Too bad about the hermi man thats a sad thing to have to chop early. I hope all your problems stop and your plants get back to health.

b- thanks, im thinkin thats what i gotta do, wont be fun, but gotta be done.

preprod- yea its keepin me on my toes thats for sure, ill get it all fig out today is the day.

253- yea i almost didnt catch it, i was trimmin new growth off the bottom and about to put it back in the room, and a little bunch of bananas happened to catch my eye. let me know what you read up on those defs, for sure keep me posted.

Back
Top Bottom