Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Lucy & Ak 34 days
Dreamy 28 days

Skipped plain water feed on dreamy, all three girls got 2ml/L GMB and 1.5ml/L calmag - hopefully I'll see some progress soon..

Still unable to upload pictures.

Also, pretty sure the yellowing of the bottom leaves was a nitrogen deficiency.

Also, when should I look into defoliating? Especially with these sickly yellow leaves at the bottom.

Edit: Around 5 or so weeks, through the end of the stretch? Do I stop after they're done stretching?

Nitrogen deficiency on Lucy

lucy313.jpg

lucy217.jpg

lucy105.jpg

Nitrogen and Calcium deficiency on AK

ak512.jpg

ak413.jpg

ak316.jpg

ak227.jpg

ak85.jpg

Now that I can upload pictures, I took the girls out for a small photoshoot, lol.
They were fed yesterday.
Ak and Lucy 35 days from sprout.
Dreamy 29 days from sprout.

AK
Ak86.jpg

Ak228.jpg

Ak317.jpg

Ak414.jpg

Dreamy
Dreamy1.jpg

Dreamy2.jpg

Dreamy3.jpg

Lucy
Lucy106.jpg

Lucy218.jpg

Lucy314.jpg

Also, pretty sure the yellowing of the bottom leaves was a nitrogen deficiency.

On my first grow I came to the same conclusion and ended up with nuteburn, so tread lighty if you up the nutes, if you notice a dark blue/greyish tint on the jagged edges of the leaves they're getting too much.
However they do look a bit on the light green side and upping the feed could be a welcome boost to your girls. I don't remember your feeding regime, but noticed somewhere you said you started pretty late.
You know how much you fed them so go with your guts, but don't run then you might have to run in the opposite direction in a week;)

Don't worry about yellowing leaves at the bottom of the plant it'll happen no matter what you do, it's natural and they'll fall off eventually. But if they cover a bud site, or could rot and let that rot spread to other parts of the plant, or if you'd like more airflow through the plant, or just don't wanna look at them - go ahead and remove them.

If you want to do defoliation (as training) before the ''flowering'' take some of the upper/midldle leaves that shade out bud sites.

You don't want to stress them too much once they're fully blooming, but taking off a leaf or two every day / every other day won't hurt them.
Really the only major thing I learned about this growing thing is to worry less and wing it more:smokin:

Your girls are pretty and with your level of commitment you'll be more than fine, I bet you'll be growing plant of the month monsters in no time:Namaste:

They are looking good other than the deficiencies. Did you cut the N out completely or just wasnt giving enough?

I wasn't giving the girls enough Nitrogen or Cal-mag, I believe.

On my first grow I came to the same conclusion and ended up with nuteburn, so tread lighty if you up the nutes, if you notice a dark blue/greyish tint on the jagged edges of the leaves they're getting too much.
However they do look a bit on the light green side and upping the feed could be a welcome boost to your girls. I don't remember your feeding regime, but noticed somewhere you said you started pretty late.
You know how much you fed them so go with your guts, but don't run then you might have to run in the opposite direction in a week;)

Don't worry about yellowing leaves at the bottom of the plant it'll happen no matter what you do, it's natural and they'll fall off eventually. But if they cover a bud site, or could rot and let that rot spread to other parts of the plant, or if you'd like more airflow through the plant, or just don't wanna look at them - go ahead and remove them.

If you want to do defoliation (as training) before the ''flowering'' take some of the upper/midldle leaves that shade out bud sites.

You don't want to stress them too much once they're fully blooming, but taking off a leaf or two every day / every other day won't hurt them.
Really the only major thing I learned about this growing thing is to worry less and wing it more:smokin:

Your girls are pretty and with your level of commitment you'll be more than fine, I bet you'll be growing plant of the month monsters in no time:Namaste:

I appreciate your response!

Thank you for the information, as well. I definitely would like to figure out a set water/feed schedule(the gap between feedings was rather long - hoping the girls will bounce back and grow accustomed to a schedule - or I guess present me an opportunity to create one. Its like they dry out at different times, or they take forever to dry out, just throws me off).
Going to start defoliating once I see that they're getting their green color back. Didn't realize how 'off' the color was til I yanked them out of the led for pictures.

I know my next few rounds of this should be a bit better.
Thanks again, for the inspiring words!

Checked the girls before I left this morning and Lucy is definitely starting to show some color - deep purplish hues around the new growth and in the bud sites!

Hi XenonRae,

Have you tried spraying a bit of grow or fish mix on the yellow leaves ? I am not sure it helps but i've read that some people do it.

Or feeding them with a bit more N than usual. I managed to "re-green" a sweet skunk in 7 / 10 days like that (with only 1 or 2 watering). Now I have one branch of my California Snow that is becoming yellow. I have given it extra BioGrow in water, and sprayed with Alga-Mic, and I will see in 7 days if it worked or not. I have the impression that it doesn't, but the plant seems healthy and energetic anyway so....

Hi XenonRae,

Have you tried spraying a bit of grow or fish mix on the yellow leaves ? I am not sure it helps but i've read that some people do it.

Or feeding them with a bit more N than usual. I managed to "re-green" a sweet skunk in 7 / 10 days like that (with only 1 or 2 watering). Now I have one branch of my California Snow that is becoming yellow. I have given it extra BioGrow in water, and sprayed with Alga-Mic, and I will see in 7 days if it worked or not. I have the impression that it doesn't, but the plant seems healthy and energetic anyway so....

I've thought of it, but I don't really want to risk burning the leaves with foliar feeding under the light.

Looking forward to seeing if it works for you, though. I'd be interested.

Day 38 & 32 - 2.5 - 3L of Ph'd water for the girls.
Can't find black strap molasses anywhere local to me >.>

isn't molasse concentrated sugar ?

People use brown sugar sometimes (in homemade fishmix for example (fish+sugar+a bit of lemon juice as a general fertilizer used for many plants - check the thread things you do reduce cost growing.html page 2 or 3 i think, there is a fish mix recipe (which probably stinks).

There is also an organic cane sugar which is "Pure Organic Whole Cane Sugar" , it contains fibers, oligo elements, and vitamins that are generally absent from regular brown sugar even when it is organic. Whole sugar cane is just the dried cane juice with no further processing. I do not know the dosage , but once you have tried it, you will probably want to keep it for yourself :) (it's not cheap neither).

Just an idea....

Edit: translated with google translate and slightly corrected in the parenthesis:

(black ) Molasses is this black syrupy liquid that remains after the crystallization of sugar cane juice. Only full or complete (ie "whole" ) sugar remains fully provided with its molasses, with its very dark color and characteristic taste of liquorice toffee.
The red (ie "brown") organic cane sugar is a partially refined crystal sugar from its molasses (ie does not contain it anymore or in much less quantities).
Warning: caution is advised vis-à-vis non-organic brown sugar, because it is not often a white sugar colored with caramel!

Molasses is a mostly known for its richness in minerals and trace elements. The whole cane sugar contains between 1 500 and 2 800 mg per 100 g (depending on the quality of the cane, so depending on the year/crop quality). Dark molasses commercially available contains around 5000 mg, so much more. As for white sugar, it contains only traces, in the range of 30 to 50 mg.

So, it must be concentrated because whole cane sugar does not give a black liquid and does not have a liquorice taste. it taste like cane sugar, less sugary, but with something more. The texture of whole cane sugar is pretty amazing too (just tried 1 brand, paneta or something like that, produced in equador). Try it one day, at least for yourself :)

Always read the ingredients, because a large number of "brown sugar" (organic or not, sugar is generally organic anyway) are only white sugar colored with caramel and contain nothing useful for living creatures like us or our plants ;-) .

also Brown sugar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (they describe how it is done in the paragraph about Natural brown sugar).

I hope it helps ;-)

Back
Top Bottom