Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

I found molasses at the local grocery store, but it was a large grocer. It'll be in the sugar / baking aisle. Might have to call around, but I think it's definitely worth grabbing!

I can find molasses but cant find blackstrap molasses. I've been to all of the local large grocers(and I live in a rather urban area)

Blackstrap molasses is just one type of molasses, the dark liquid byproduct of the process of refining sugar cane into table sugar. It is made from the third boiling of the sugar syrup and is therefore the concentrated byproduct left over after the sugar's sucrose has been crystallized.

now, you know everything to do it yourself. No excuse will be accepted :D
whole sugar cane is purer than molasse, i would use it over molasse personnally (because it hasn't been boiled, which removes a lot of vitamins and natural anti-oxydants + the fibers, which is what will be eaten by micro-organism to produce excrements which is what is used by plants to takes the minerals :)
Good luck.

now, you know everything to do it yourself. No excuse will be accepted :D
Good luck.

I suppose this means getting molasses and boiling it again to further refine it? I'm very skeptical on this way, lol. Was really hoping I could find it pre-packaged local.

I editted my previous post(s) to add more details. In this post, I give more details on where it comes from;

I am doing a lot of "research" on soil micro-biology these days, looking for documentaries on the net, presentations by people who have been in this field for a very long time. It is more than interesting and it shows how our civilization are biased and suicidal in terms of agriculture (which is about "plant pathology management" nowadays, and not about making sound food that do not poison our bodies - i need a natural and sound weed personnally).

Don't think that it applies only outdoor: indoor soil does contains micro organisms. micro-biology applies indoor (trichoderma, micorhyzians, etc, these are sold for growing weed and enhance th effect of organic nutrients: knowing how all this work together is a huge update in understanding your own plants and how nutrients are actually used by the plants).even without those, you have a lot of animals in the soil (acarians etc).

All this leads me to say that whole sugar cane might be much more efficient than molasse, because molasse is boiled and filtered, and does not contains all the vitamins, anti-oxydants, and fibers which are present in abundance in whole cane sugar.

Now, with it you can also do molasse, it does not look more complicated than making caramel , but I really don't see the point in removing what plants produce for their ecosystem sustainability without any need for human intervention or "science", and all this is the basis of healthy and quality products :)

I suppose this means getting molasses and boiling it again to further refine it? I'm very skeptical on this way, lol. Was really hoping I could find it pre-packaged local.

I editted my previous post(s) to add more details. In this post, I give more details on where it comes from;

I am doing a lot of "research" on soil micro-biology these days, looking for documentaries on the net, presentations by people who have been in this field for a very long time. It is more than interesting and it shows how our civilization are biased and suicidal in terms of agriculture (which is about "plant pathology management" nowadays, and not about making sound food that do not poison our bodies - i need a natural and sound weed personnally).

Don't think that it applies only outdoor: indoor soil does contains micro organisms. micro-biology applies indoor (trichoderma, micorhyzians, etc, these are sold for growing weed and enhance th effect of organic nutrients: knowing how all this work together is a huge update in understanding your own plants and how nutrients are actually used by the plants).even without those, you have a lot of animals in the soil.

All this leads me to say that whole sugar cane might be much more efficient than molasse, because molasse is boiled and filtered, and does not contains all the vitamins, anti-oxydants, and fibers which are present in abundance in whole cane sugar.

Now, with it you can also do molasse, it does not look more complicated than making caramel , but I really don't see the point in removing what plants produce for their ecosystem sustainability without any need for human intervention or "science", and all this is the basis of healthy and quality products :)

Thanks for the info!

I don't quite understand..sorry for the ignorance.

With whole cane, it's a cane of sugar; as opposed to a liquid molasse.
Unless I'm missing something when I'm reading over it.

I'll need to try to read on it when I get home tonight, as far as introducing it in whole cane form, or how I'd introduce it.

Thanks again!

English is not my primary language, and sometimes it is difficult for me to explain simple things. That's why what i write may be confusing.

The hierarchy of potency would be something like that
1 - Whole cane sugar = dried cane juice. it is the primary product. contains everything that cane has produced (minerals, fibers, vitamins etc).
2 - Molasse = what has been removed from white or brown refined sugar, contains mainly minerals, less vitamins, no fibers.
3 - Brown sugar = crystalized cane sugar. does not contains fibers anymore, less vitamins or none, less minerals
4 - White sugar = refined, filtered, crystalized, contains only traces of minerals, no fibers, no vitamins, nothing useful except the sugar taste .

The process of refining and filtering allows to enhance the "sugar-taste-power" of such and such by-product of cane, but our plants don't need only sugar, they need the whole package, and this is found in whole cane sugar.

it is easy to find information on the net, but it requires other knowledges in order to be able to link the dots together and have the whole picture of how the ecosystems work. micro-biology is essential too.

Myself, I am very much into urban farming and history of agriculture nowadays, it allows to have the big picture and understand how all this work together.

Experienced growers that i know don't use nutrients, they make their own soil (of course, if you live in a city, it is much less easy - I will certainly not compost soil in my appartement :) ) ... Bu tthe point is that they don't need nutrients or pest control made by a company, they know how to make it themselves with plants that they ven grow themselves sometimes. All the ressources are a few clics away on youtube, google etc. But I agree that you must have an interest in the topic, which is much larger than just growing weed, but at the end, it helps a lot growing weed (and save money by buying the nutrients you need and not all the miracles products found in shops, which only miracle is often the benefits/sales of the company that sells it ;-) .
The ressource i have found are in French, but I am sure they exist also in English or other languages.

English is not my primary language, and sometimes it is difficult for me to explain simple things. That's why what i write may be confusing.

The hierarchy of potency would be something like that
1 - Whole cane sugar = dried cane juice. it is the primary product. contains everything that cane has produced (minerals, fibers, vitamins etc).
2 - Molasse = what has been removed from white or brown refined sugar, contains mainly minerals, less vitamins, no fibers.
3 - Brown sugar = crystalized cane sugar. does not contains fibers anymore, less vitamins or none, less minerals
4 - White sugar = refined, filtered, crystalized, contains only traces of minerals, no fibers, no vitamins, nothing useful except the sugar taste .

The process of refining and filtering allows to enhance the "sugar-taste-power" of such and such by-product of cane, but our plants don't need only sugar, they need the whole package, and this is found in whole cane sugar.

it is easy to find information on the net, but it requires other knowledges in order to be able to link the dots together and have the whole picture of how the ecosystems work. micro-biology is essential too.

Myself, I am very much into urban farming and history of agriculture nowadays, it allows to have the big picture and understand how all this work together.

Experienced growers that i know don't use nutrients, they make their own soil (of course, if you live in a city, it is much less easy - I will certainly not compost soil in my appartement :) ) ... Bu tthe point is that they don't need nutrients or pest control made by a company, they know how to make it themselves with plants that they ven grow themselves sometimes. All the ressources are a few clics away on youtube, google etc. But I agree that you must have an interest in the topic, which is much larger than just growing weed, but at the end, it helps a lot growing weed (and save money by buying the nutrients you need and not all the miracles products found in shops, which only miracle is often the benefits/sales of the company that sells it ;-) .
The ressource i have found are in French, but I am sure they exist also in English or other languages.

Perfect!
Thank you so much Space!

Wow...just .....Wow... A knowledge bomb has exploded in this piece. And I for one, am loving it. I dont think I will ever get advanced enough to use this info, but I like having it just in case. Maybe 10 years from now, I will have collected enough info, to connect all the dots. But until then, Preach on homie.

Update day!
Lucy and Ak are 42 Days old, Dreamy is 35.

The girls were fed 2ml/L G/M/B/Big bud and 1.5ml/L Cal+Mag.

Lucy
Lucy510.jpg

Lucy410.jpg

Lucy315.jpg

Lucy219.jpg

Lucy107.jpg

Dreamy
Dreamy4.jpg

Dreamy31.jpg

Dreamy21.jpg

Ak
Ak318.jpg

Ak229.jpg

Ak87.jpg

Overwhelmed by deficincies.

People on the autoflowers sub are ringing me a new one.

I'm feeding with GMB, but it's showing signs of N and P deficiencies..
Thinking that I shouldn't be giving a plain water inbetween the feeds.

Just super overwhelmed.

Iv never used grow micro and bloom so dont know.how often are u feeding?

Every other watering. Going to increase it to feed-feed-water-feed-feed-water.
I've been alternating between feed and water. It's also taking them a little bit to dry out completely, so it's multiple days between waterings.

Be sure to mix nutes in the proper order: CalMag-> Micro-> Grow-> Bloom.

Feeding schedule is really strain dependant. Mine are doing fine with feed, feed, water.

Feeding schedule is really strain dependant. Mine are doing fine with feed, feed, water.

I did not know that about Cal+mag before micro grow and bloom.
What about Big bud then overdrive?

Thanks a ton..

AK definitely perked back up.

Glad to hear your getting some positive response. I'm not completely sure about Big Bud and Overdrive. I haven't used them yet but my gut says last after the 3 or 4 main nutes you are using. I'll have to go check their contents. I'm thinking of trying something additional during mid to late bloom. Hmmm.

Man Im sorry to hear about all the problems your facing. I know it can get overwhelming at times. Just take a step back, Take a deep breath, smoke a bowl, and lets figure this out.

Those last pictures look like over watering but that could just be a disguise for something else. How often would you say you have been feeding/watering. About every 3 or 4 days? or more? How much are you watering at a time and how big are your pots?
Are you giving them any Catalyst or Black strap of anykind? It sounds like with your line up you should be ok, but clearly arent. So it may just need feeding with every watering. Let us know how its going. Im having a few problems on my end too buddy so know you not alone. :)

They really need to be added in that order???? :thedoubletake: Im assuming thats the same with Earth Juice? And do you know the reason for this, and how bad have I been messing up by not adding in that order?

Glad to hear your getting some positive response. I'm not completely sure about Big Bud and Overdrive. I haven't used them yet but my gut says last after the 3 or 4 main nutes you are using. I'll have to go check their contents. I'm thinking of trying something additional during mid to late bloom. Hmmm.

I'll try to look. Is there a certain order you follow of ingredients that're supposed to be added?

Man Im sorry to hear about all the problems your facing. I know it can get overwhelming at times. Just take a step back, Take a deep breath, smoke a bowl, and lets figure this out.

Those last pictures look like over watering but that could just be a disguise for something else. How often would you say you have been feeding/watering. About every 3 or 4 days? or more? How much are you watering at a time and how big are your pots?
Are you giving them any Catalyst or Black strap of anykind? It sounds like with your line up you should be ok, but clearly arent. So it may just need feeding with every watering. Let us know how its going. Im having a few problems on my end too buddy so know you not alone. :)

They really need to be added in that order???? :thedoubletake: Im assuming thats the same with Earth Juice? And do you know the reason for this, and how bad have I been messing up by not adding in that order?

I've been watering every 4 days.
3/7/16
Retained a bit of water this week for some reason..
3/13/16
3/17/16
3/21/16

I know I haven't been overwatering them by any means.
I've been watering a standard 3 liters, if not a little bit less when I feed, and a little bit more when I water(to help run the nutes through the soil. Scared of lockout or hotspotting.)

I can't find any black strap molasses near me. Is there any other substitute I can use?

My current steps are
-I'm going to start feeding twice between normal watering, whilst increasing my nutes a bit as well. Going to try to push them to the limits, so to speak, until I can get some tipburn on my leaves - I want my girls healthy..

-Give the girls their own separate feedings, instead of negligently trying to group them all together.

Ak has definitely perked back up a bit.

Picture I snapped of Ak. A day after she was watered, definitely perked back up. Goes to show that she droops beforehand, lol.

20160322_181049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom