Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Congratulations on the child. Is this your first? >>>Xenon a month from now>>>>>>>>:lot-o-toke:<<<<<<< :rofl:

Yes! My first! I couldn't be happier!

And hopefully so. They're smelling so wonderful!

Hey man,

Things have been looking pretty good in your neck of the woods! Congratulations on the grow and your expected child! Alternatively, congratulations on your plant and human children lol!

Thank you so much!

Update day.

Lsd 25 and AK are 58 days old.

They received 4ml/L GMB 2ml/L Overdrive.

Dreamy is 51 days old.

She also received 4ml/L GMB and 2ml/L Overdrive.

For Lucy and Ak from the next watering forward, they'll just receive plain ph'd water. I'll be starting this after the 12th for Dreamy as well.

Here's some pictures.

Lucy
Lucy109.jpg

Lucy512.jpg

Lucy412.jpg

Lucy317.jpg

Lucy221.jpg

Dreamy
Dreamy6.jpg

Dreamy51.jpg

Dreamy42.jpg

Dreamy33.jpg

Dreamy23.jpg

Ak
Ak89.jpg

Ak416.jpg

Ak320.jpg

Ak231.jpg

:morenutes::morenutes::adore::lot-o-toke:

Beautiful buds Xenon! Looking frosty and delicious :drool:

Thank yah thank yah!

The LSD25 is super purple - the pictures don't do it much justice!

Super successful grow brother. :welldone: All plants are nice and uniform. Lucy and Dreamy are so short and all bud. I love it. I could stare at them For hours. Well minutes, but if I was there in person, HOURS. :bravo: Are you planning on logging your curing process also? Either way, your in the home stretch now buddy. Have fun.

Super successful grow brother. :welldone: All plants are nice and uniform. Lucy and Dreamy are so short and all bud. I love it. I could stare at them For hours. Well minutes, but if I was there in person, HOURS. :bravo: Are you planning on logging your curing process also? Either way, your in the home stretch now buddy. Have fun.

I'd love to.
I need to get the essentials for curing.

Can you help me out a bit? Trying to figure out what style hygrometers/mason jars - and how many I'll need.
They seem quite pricey :/

Wide mouth Mason Jars, with Caliber IV Digital Hygromter

51t4HLRSTSL_SL1024_.jpg

They are a bit higher than I would want honestly. I had some other ones picked out for mine and thought I had it book marked, but cant find them now. They were white and about 10 bucks I think. I cant find them now tho so I guess Ill grab a couple of these and just go by it. It be better to have one in each jar but damn, then your talking about 100 bucks or so. I think 1 or 2 would be better than none. Are you going to get some B 62 packs?
As far as how many, Im not sure bro. Its hard to tell from pictures but I would think around 6 jars. You may be able to fit them all in 3.

Wide mouth Mason Jars, with Caliber IV Digital Hygromter

51t4HLRSTSL_SL1024_.jpg

They are a bit higher than I would want honestly. I had some other ones picked out for mine and thought I had it book marked, but cant find them now. They were white and about 10 bucks I think. I cant find them now tho so I guess Ill grab a couple of these and just go by it. It be better to have one in each jar but damn, then your talking about 100 bucks or so. I think 1 or 2 would be better than none. Are you going to get some B 62 packs?
As far as how many, Im not sure bro. Its hard to tell from pictures but I would think around 6 jars. You may be able to fit them all in 3.

Thank you. Yeah, I'll be snagging some B62 packs as well - after I got them in a burnbox months ago, I love them.

Wide mouth gallon jars are around 10-11$ each, which is a bit ridiculous. Any certain lids I should look for?

Thank you. Yeah, I'll be snagging some B62 packs as well - after I got them in a burnbox months ago, I love them.

Wide mouth gallon jars are around 10-11$ each, which is a bit ridiculous. Any certain lids I should look for?

I always get the quart jars. You can get a whole case at walmart for around 6-10 bucks. And will be plenty for your harvest. Only problem with that is you will need more meters. I guess you could just get 1 or 2 and go by them. Burp all the jars when the jars that have the meter tell you too. Its not exact but cheaper. As far as the lids. I would just go with the ones that they come with. Iv had a few successful outdoor harvest and Iv always just put them in quart mason jars and used the lids for them. They are air tight. And work great. Iv never had enough that it lasted me more than a year but I have had them for 8-10 months. And the last jar was always just fine. Iv never used a meter tho. I just want by feel and a time line. I would burp them for a few minutes every few hours. But I think Im gonna get me a couple of those meters. Nothings worse than screwing up the cure. Iv had a couple jars smell like hay after. Not cool.

I used plain tupperware type containers and had great success. The first 2 I harvested I made sure to cut off an many leaves as I could, the second 2 I got lazy and removed only about 75%. The first 2 began a good cure much faster than the ones I left all the leaves on. I don't know how accurate this statement is, but I suggest removing as many leaves as you can before you start the cure.

CURING2.JPG

Thanks you guys!

Do you recommend using the b62 packs from the beginning of the cure?
and what size jars do you rec? The quarts are fine?

I didn't need any packs. I hung mine in a box for 4 days, then trimmed them down into small buds and put them into airtight plastic bowls. I bought a remote weather station that came with 3 monitors, which I put in the bowls. Then next day I checked the humidity and aired them based on that. Once they were below 65% I let them sit a couple of weeks, opening them very briefly every 3-4 days just long enough to smell and make sure they are going the right way, not rotting. Then into long term storage. I probably won't see them again for 2-3 months.

Someone may better answers.

I didn't need any packs. I hung mine in a box for 4 days, then trimmed them down into small buds and put them into airtight plastic bowls. I bought a remote weather station that came with 3 monitors, which I put in the bowls. Then next day I checked the humidity and aired them based on that. Once they were below 65% I let them sit a couple of weeks, opening them very briefly every 3-4 days just long enough to smell and make sure they are going the right way, not rotting. Then into long term storage. I probably won't see them again for 2-3 months.

I hope you don't mind if i borrow that .
Thanks , Schtiggy

How long do you let cure before you'll start smoking it?

How long do you let cure before you'll start smoking it?

I have been smoking from each of the 4 kinds pretty much continuously since they were harvested. After the first 2 were harvested I was able to let the next ones in cure for about 2 weeks before I started smoking them. 2 weeks doesnt really do much. I have 2 that have been in cure for 2 months and another one for 6 week. The last has only been in for maybe 4. At about the 4-6 week mark they start to pick up some good flavor and a better smell.

With my plants I dried on the line for a few days then put the final trimmed bud in jars with boveda 62s. There is nothing to burp when using the boveda packs. They absorb or release moisture on their own. My last jar was opened after 6 months. Worked just fine.

If you use the Humidipacks you don't really need a Caliber type hygrometer, I keep one in one of my jars for reference and it's always in the right range.
Some very nice, but expensive, curing jars are the Miron Violett. The buds seem to cure a tiny bit faster and better than in the mason jars and pickle jars with the latch.
Budwashing makes your harvest cure faster, and it'll be smoother to smoke and taste better.

Plants are looking stunning, bet that LSD is gonna have some crazy bag appeal;)

Back
Top Bottom