Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

A completely serious question... am I undershooting on the size of these screens?
:rofl::popcorn:

I think you are, you could easily get the plant to branch out wider than the screen.
It doesn't have to be quadratic, you can make it whatever shape you like and make it fit your tent (and opening of course) the way you want it to.

Looking really good in there :thumb:

I think you are, you could easily get the plant to branch out wider than the screen.
It doesn't have to be quadratic, you can make it whatever shape you like and make it fit your tent (and opening of course) the way you want it to.

Looking really good in there :thumb:

Thank you so much!

Still not sure what my plans are for it >.>

Suppose I could just build a 2x2 or 3x3 pvc frame and put legs on it or something.
Then I'd run into problems with my tower fan getting in the way.

Suppose I could just build a 2x2 or 3x3 pvc frame and put legs on it or something.

II yes. The age old question. How to get all your toys and tools to fit and fit where you need them to be. They have been working on that since Columbus set sail. From Columbus to NASA. Everyone wants to know.......How do I get this to fit? :rofl:

Would it also be in the way if it was hunged upside down, to the roof, and even more,.... horizontally ?

I always thought another property of tower fans that can be awesome, is that they can be put horizontally, which could be more efficient in terms of space occupied and ventilated (it will not blow from left to right, but from top to bottom). It could be a bit more difficult to hang (as one side must be still, and the other is turning: the part that is moving must be held by something like a rope with a loop at the end (like the rope with which you hanged people in the far west... or nowadays in some countries).

However, I do not know if it better, less good, or exactly the same, or if it would even work at all.... What is certain, is that the wind blowing down on the pots directly will accelerate their drying (like any wind does, but with a tower fan horizontally, it could be even more efficient), and that the plants will be ventilated from bottom to top. It does not exist in nature, but why not?

Would it also be in the way if it was hunged upside down, to the roof, and even more,.... horizontally ?

I always thought another property of tower fans that can be awesome, is that they can be put horizontally, which could be more efficient in terms of space occupied and ventilated (it will not blow from left to right, but from top to bottom). It could be a bit more difficult to hang (as one side must be still, and the other is turning: the part that is moving must be held by something like a rope with a loop at the end (like the rope with which you hanged people in the far west... or nowadays in some countries).

However, I do not know if it better, less good, or exactly the same, or if it would even work at all.... What is certain, is that the wind blowing down on the pots directly will accelerate their drying (like any wind does, but with a tower fan horizontally, it could be even more efficient), and that the plants will be ventilated from bottom to top. It does not exist in nature, but why not?

Hanging a tower fan has crossed my mind also. but...And iv been meaning to ask some people this...but my tent..Mars Hydro tent 3x3x6 only has 3 bars on top. 2 going front to back and 1 going left to right. If a person with this setup wanted to hang a fan..or tower fan...but more importantly another light...where would he hang it? with the way my stuff is right now I dont think I have room to add another light if I wanted to. Good info in your statement tho. Iv been conflicted on the fan blowing right on the plants thing. Right now I have mine blowing against the wall bouncing back into the plants. But it seems I see people with fans blowing on their plants all the time with no problems. I personally want to air on the side of caution so I try not to let mine blow directly on them constantly. Is why I would like to hang a circulating fan somehow.

oh well, I think there is always a way for hanging, using ropes, wires, wooden sticks or cleats etc etc... Xenonray bought additional frames I beleive, and there is always a DIY solution. A fan is not very heavy, a wire could be more than enough to support it.

I had a non-oscillating fan and it was working ok but all the vids i've seen about ventialtion said an oscillating fan is better to let the plant breath, this has an impact on yield, quality etc.

My new oscillating fan was on all the time at the begining, but the atmosphere was way to dry. Now, it has its own programmer and it works 1/4 hour every 1/2 hours, ie, it works 1/3rd of the time: it is enough to let the humidifier do its job, and when the fan is on, 1/4h is enough to dry the leaves of the plants that are close to the humidifier and to make enough air to make them stronger. For my grow box, this was the best compromise and the plants are looking good so far .

Hanging a tower fan has crossed my mind also. but...And iv been meaning to ask some people this...but my tent..Mars Hydro tent 3x3x6 only has 3 bars on top. 2 going front to back and 1 going left to right. If a person with this setup wanted to hang a fan..or tower fan...but more importantly another light...where would he hang it? with the way my stuff is right now I dont think I have room to add another light if I wanted to. Good info in your statement tho. Iv been conflicted on the fan blowing right on the plants thing. Right now I have mine blowing against the wall bouncing back into the plants. But it seems I see people with fans blowing on their plants all the time with no problems. I personally want to air on the side of caution so I try not to let mine blow directly on them constantly. Is why I would like to hang a circulating fan somehow.

I have a 4x4 tent with 4 led's totaling 2000w or 1000w at the wall , it's a bit cool at lights out so i have a slim oil heater in the corner and have a 16 inch oscillating fan sat on top of the heater .
The fan is on 24/7 and I have it rotating on speed 2 , blowing across the canopy and have not had a problem .
Not sure whether this helps , but good look .
Be safe .

Yeah, i bought more frame pieces, they should be here tomorrow. I'm actually redoing my light hangers and stuff wjen they come in.
If anything, i might just have to fit the tower fan either inside the screen somehow, or raise my plants up and raise my lights so I can have the screen at the level of the top of the fan, if that makes sense.

Must a scrog always have a frame?
I've thought about making one that could just clip in to the corners of the tent, but unsure how I'd go about making the squares without a frame.

I thought about using one of them bungee cargo nets, just hook to each corner of the tent, no frame needed

Secret jardin makes their own, called Webit; I'd like to find one that has smaller openings, butmore of them. Instead of like, 9 big openings, I'd like 36 or so, smaller ones.

Opened up my tent, and for the first time ever, got to smell the cannabis that I grew.
To say it's a wonderful feeling, would be an extreme understatement.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Xeno enjoy the smells only gna get stronger lol;) thats why i dont use carbon filters.I like to be aproaching the grow room an and be able to smell whats to come before u open the door.i love the smell of weed;)

Xeno enjoy the smells only gna get stronger lol;) thats why i dont use carbon filters.I like to be aproaching the grow room an and be able to smell whats to come before u open the door.i love the smell of weed;)

I'd do that if I could, lol.

Small update.
After the girls woke up, I saw some pretty rough stuff.

Most of the lower leaves look a paleish yellow on all three of the girls-kind of hard and cracky.
On AK, on a few spots, she has this weird burn type looking stuff(not on the bottom, that was splashed by accident when I was watering with nute solution) but on the top part.

Won't let me upload photos right now. Darnet.

After I looked around a bit, I'm pretty sure the spots on AK are calcium deficiencies, and the yellowing underneath is either nitrogen or magnesium - either way - I'm feeding all of the girls tomorrow, they'll all get nutes that they've been craving.

2ml/L GMB 1.5ml/L calmag for ak, 1ml/L calmag for the other girls.

I know we're generally supposed to upload photos onto 420mag, but it won't let me for some reason, so...

The first 5 pictures are of AK, the last 3 are of Lucy.

https://imgur (dot) com/a/qwfEG

Back
Top Bottom