400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

butta! i had about 44g of trim leaves from 4 plants and the whole last sour grape plant @ 19g went in. smelled up the house somethin fierce. im wonderin how far i can get it to go?

i had about 44g of trim leaves from 4 plants and the whole last sour grape plant @ 19g went in with 5 sticks or 2 1/2 cups of butter in and cooked it down. i think almost 18 hrs total, then strained thru cheese cloth. im sure we lost a little do to havin to do it by hand, but i think itll be potent.

if anyone has any experience with cooking, please let me know. ive been lookin around at a few different recipes, but i think this may be a little strong for em so just am looking for any opinions on how much canna butter to 'cut in' with. i think i will primarily want to make brownie medibles, but maybe i can only get two pans or so.
butta_2.jpg
butta.jpg

James- First I gotta say I have never made butter before, but have made cookies from cannabutter. I use 1 stick for a package of cookies and have no complaints.

I have 51 grams dried leaves. I also trimmed all my plants in flower last night. I then did something one of the producers here in NM told me to do. He said to put the leaves and trim in the oven at 260 degrees for 20 mins. He said its "Decarboxylation" . It is supposed to change THC-A to THC in the leaves and trim to make the potency increase. (Stunk the whole house up). Tonight I will make some butter using my 51 grams + last nights trim (Approx 25-30 grams) and add an 1/8th of OG KUSH and some old dried up buds I had in reserves for a rainy day...Won't need that with a harvest in the next 3 weeks.
I plan to make 1 pound or 4 sticks of butter from this. Yes it should be good and potent. My dispencary I get stuff from has like a 1/4 oz of buds in each stick of butter. That will make approx. 30 cookies.

Decarboxylation (Carboxyl groups removed, making weed more potent.I recommend 225-260 degrees for up to half an hour in an oven, to avoid burning.) 2550 for 20 mins

I also read on another thread/site that you should not heat past 215 and not to bake at 350. I made my last batch of cookies at 325 and they are/were very potent.

what's good jjames,
Great looking job on the budder there brotha... send me some cookies... I like peanut butter... LOL...

You should really head over to the 420 Kitchen and check out what you can do with that budder. :thumb:

:peacetwo:

Been missing you jjames. Hope everything is ok.

plz post link to new journal here when you geter goin so we dont forget to join in.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom