400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

havent been able to find too much on partial harvesting specifics, so say if, the top 1/2 or 1/3 of the plants buds are ready, to i chop off just the buds or should i remove those buds and theyre stems down to where they start? that would make the leftovers think they were now fighting for the top?

When i cut my outside grow...i cut the main stem on top 1/3 of plant...and let bottom 2/3 finish...watch your chomes...they change color fast...

havent been able to find too much on partial harvesting specifics, so say if, the top 1/2 or 1/3 of the plants buds are ready, to i chop off just the buds or should i remove those buds and theyre stems down to where they start? that would make the leftovers think they were now fighting for the top?

Iv seen a few member do a staggered harvest with great results, packing on a bit more weight and getting them amber % up, with light with less intensity i would highly recommend, BUT.... please share your results!

:peace:

5*

still up in the air w/ the staggered harvest, have some family in town so ill have little time to update, even less than before... still havent even installed the software that came w/ the new scope. chews thru batteries quickly, think ill be gettin some rechargeables.

some update pics... startin addin some overdrive during the last week and a half w/ BPN+bloom boost... the sensi root rejuv has helped out quite a bit i think, most noticeably the jack herer has a ton of new root growth i saw this weekend res change.

the jack has been packin it on the most as of these last couple weeks
wk_13_3.jpg
wk_13_4.jpg

jack(r) vs blue dream(l)
wk_13_2.jpg

got quite a few blue dream that look like this now, really covered in trichromes
wk_13_5.jpg
wk_13.jpg

thanks 12! and yessir, goin to the grand canyon this weekend with my dad whos in town from mn. when i get back i have some more homework to do on exactly how long the flush will go for. we're having some amber comin thru so i gotta get a final sched laid out. i work best last minute.

if i remember correctly, around the first week of feb will be close to 10wks of 12/12 and both the blue dream and the jack herer were longer flowering strains... maybe a few days of fresh ro water flush and into the optional 36hr dark before chop to make it a week? the amber in the scope will dictate...

I remember the day you posted this journal and were setting up your buckets in your tub and those plants were just tiny scrawny little things...now look at them. Ya youve had a long flowering period but its lookin like itll pay off. Good luck with scheduling your flush this part can get stressful lol.

Plants look great jjames - :bravo:

I did a staggered harvest, and overall I think it helped the lower buds that had been receiving less light mature. I gave them an extra 2 weeks, but my results were mixed as I think I should have let the top stuff go an extra week. I also had unique circumstances with holiday company that dictated some of how I did it.

I actually trimmed the main branches down - just snipped them. If you take off too much at once, be mindful of your nutrient levels as there is less plant to take them up.

Your plants look :yummy:

maybe a few days of fresh ro water flush and into the optional 36hr dark before chop to make it a week?

Sounds good. A 7 days flush is recommended for larger containers. I flush between 3 days the container is 1L doesn't take long to clear up. If you decide to do the 36hr darkness have some ventilation going too. Good luck!

thanks guys, i was too tied up with family in town to keep up here, but now i think were ready to finish this thing/pick what will be grown next... reeesearch!
clones avail...
GDP, chemdog, OG/sour d, super skunk, white widow, medibud, LA confidential, larry OG, red diesel, white berry, diesel cheese, purple cheese. theres a few others, but these would be higher on the list.
i really want to grow the GDP, white widow, or the meidbud; just based on experience, but lookin for a higher yielder and somethin thats most conducive to hydro...

b- heres a couple wide shots...

2 sour grape, seemingly in limbo.
wk_12_w_2.jpg

I just looked back in your grow as I was looking for info on your scope. Saw this shot and thought "hmm, I bet jjames could drop the cfl's a good 2" closer or more".

It looks like those cfl's could be 40w bulbs? I'm positive you can get them closer and put more lumen on the buds for more bud growth without heat issues.

So my ? about the scope you mentioned with sd card: Can you take pics with it and then load them on to your computer or does it have to be plugged in to your computer when you take pics? I presume it saves since it has an SD card. Whats the magnification range? I've only got the cheap radio shack 30x-100x lighted scope and would love to be able to post trichs pics but my computer is a desktop 50 feet away from my grow.

Links to where you found the scope if possible.

This grow is looking very good jjames. I'm real happy for ya. :bravo:

well when we were at the grand canyon, unfortunately didnt have someone to babysit the girls, so they had to be locked in the room for 3 days. temps got a little warm, but not too much and they sucked down quite a bit of water. also i think not being here and able to fill the humidifier let it get to a little lower rh and they all resined up alot. i read somewhere early on that lowering the rh is beneficial at the end... and they stiiink!

snapped some quick pics... yest and am running now phd RO water for the last week...

sour grapes showed up a little! not too much but im soo glad we didnt yank em to make some room...
wk_14.jpg

blue dream... really crystalled all over this last week...
wk_14_7.jpg
wk_14_4.jpg
wk_14_3.jpg
wk_14_11.jpg
wk_14_10.jpg
wk_13_5.jpg
wk_13.jpg

jack herer, think they didnt like the warmer temps while we were outta town, but added some weight none the less...
wk_14_6.jpg
wk_14_5.jpg
wk_13_4.jpg

wk_14_8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom