400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

I just looked back in your grow as I was looking for info on your scope. Saw this shot and thought "hmm, I bet jjames could drop the cfl's a good 2" closer or more".

It looks like those cfl's could be 40w bulbs? I'm positive you can get them closer and put more lumen on the buds for more bud growth without heat issues.

So my ? about the scope you mentioned with sd card: Can you take pics with it and then load them on to your computer or does it have to be plugged in to your computer when you take pics? I presume it saves since it has an SD card. Whats the magnification range? I've only got the cheap radio shack 30x-100x lighted scope and would love to be able to post trichs pics but my computer is a desktop 50 feet away from my grow.

Links to where you found the scope if possible.

This grow is looking very good jjames. I'm real happy for ya. :bravo:

thanks b...

those cfls are only 23ws, i switched the 40w bulbs to the side with the jack, i do have them a little lower now, i just posted a pic of one of the SGs that benefited from it no doubt.

the camera/scope is pretty cool, you have to provide your own card, but theyre cheap by now, and you can store it to the card and upload it to your cpu(usb cord incl). mag= 10x-500x, led light, it chews thru the batteries pretty quick. i also have the radio shack one, and this one kicks its ass!
i got it on eby, its brand SVP(dm540). not sure if i can post a link here, but youll find it there. i like it. now i have some time to play with it finally.

yea man its cool... i finally had some time to get some pics up.

heres a little bud from the bottom of the jack herer plant that accidentally got taken off during flush. i think its from week 10-11. i let it dry an took some pics... not really any amber at time of these pics, but by now, theres quite a bit, should be potent smoke.
001818.JPG
002852.JPG
003798.JPG

more current pics. blue dream closeup of trich/amber. kind of in a hurry didnt have time to take stable pics yet, but now i think i got it down.
030102.JPG
013346.JPG

oh... and no problems at all... smooth ro water flushin...
i switched to 11/13 on 2.4 and i think it gave the girls quite a boost. i think ill follow bassman59 and switch it earlier in flower next time, possibly at 5 1/2 or 6 weeks in, ive noticed some pretty serious growth on all plants by now.

alright, well, had something that i cant figure out happen. last few hrs of light, i added a couple more support wire ties to the middle blue dream. all ok. then 30 min before lights off for the 36hr pre chop dark period, came in and that same plant looked like it had been chopped down, like those ones in the pics hangin below. dead on the stem basically. it had to be a ph flux for some reason, but i phd water all around. dont know why, and of course my phone was dead so i didnt take pics. so i left it in its res, after phd water down to 5.6 from 5.9.

36 hrs later i came in and it was basically dried. so, i hung it for awhile until the stems snap, trimmed her and here she is... buds turned out really airy compared to when they were alive, i suppose this is where curing comes in?

34 g... jarred... their reeeallly covered in crystals, smells awesome! ill get some scope pics up soon.
bd41.jpg
bd23.jpg

heres the rest hangin in the room... RH- 40-45%, air temp- 69-72*
bd32.jpg

turned fan on(not on the plants), after they were hangin for a day or so, for some air circulation.

so some of the stems are drying faster than the other parts of the same plant, is it better to cut them into branches to hang? i read that you should hang the whole plant as a whole first. or can you take and manicure those buds from the stems that start to snap first??

Those are looking really good. Best to hang individual branch so if some dries faster the rest can leave for drying longer. Yes, you can start manicuring the buds that is ready and jar it up for curing. The semi dry/moist can go into paper bag for a day or two then start curing.

gs- yeaman i like that camera, just harder than i thought to steady it at that level zoom, more to come tho... and thanks for the reps brada

taylor- thanks for stoppin thru and readin all the ups n downs, it was kind of a rough grow, but i learned alot for sure... i was thinkin final would be 2oz but i think i may get 3 after that one plant gave me just over 1... and thankyou reps are appreciated...

253- gonna lookup how to do that as well as that bho you were talkin about, i have quite a pile of trim and two pair of sticky scissors after two plants. that plant in that pic is one of those sour grapes that almost got yanked out! kinda glad now we waited

12- paper bag! genius! i just checked em this morn, and i think im gonna start to cure alot of em and bag the rest. some of the stems are snappn, some still need a day or so. gotta get em outta the way for some new girls... thinkin white widow and chemdog?

x- those are pretty freekn cool, and it looks like ill have a decent return for my efforts. i see you have a new-er journal, i have some catchin up to do around here.

so all buds were feelin dry to the touch, not that the stems were snappin on all branches but close so ill be watchin every 18-24hrs every jar for sweat/ lettn em breathe...

total manicured weight of all is 115g...

i cant believe it! that was my goal for the 6 plants we had in to start with. first blue dream(mid tub) was right at 32g and the last blue dream we cut down weighed in with 50g. jack herer came in right at 21g... those 2 little sour grapes made up the difference. pretty cool i think.

with a few adjustments and taking from lessons learned from this grow i think we can do much MUCH better next round, but this is ok...

almost 7 jars 8oz jars full. plus a grip of trim leaves for a pan of medibles...
finished2.jpg

BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS was a great co-sponsor of this grow and ill say it again that i would recommend their product to anyone. for me being a first time grower, i think the nutrients are the shit. with corey providing feedback himself for my whole grow?! as full as his plate is says it all- i couldnt even count the amount of BPN grow journals that are in progress now.

Back
Top Bottom