400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

stems seem real weak, almost have to support every branch, lightly bending one the other night and it broke(not all the way, just inside the outside skin). and i know that it couldnt be bud weight because theyre just not that big.

could be partially from defol sat, but they usually bounce back quicker. leaves are saggin too.

i think addin back micro to 9 pr 10ml/gal(im down @ 7ml/gal per BPN feed sched), and addin back some grow+liquid bloom when i add water today, ive just been adding straight RO water midweek. already added calmag, so we will see, oh yes we will see...

Sorry for your troubles. But glad to see I am not the only one. Just as things seem to be going well something seems to start changing. I have some of the same issues.

I picked up some calmag last week and some hygrozome yesterday. Now I guess I need nitrogen and potassium next. I am waiting for the soil to dry out enough to add some stuff to the water.

Flush your entire system with r/o water. GH Florakleen, if you've got it. Throw some Subculture M, Botanicare ZHO or similar item in a 5 gal bucket of r/o with an air stone for 24 hrs and mix it in with a fresh batch of nutes.

If you are doing hydro, and run into problems, FLUSH IMMEDIATELY AND THOROUGHLY.

each res drank 1/2gal of water by sun, so added back RO with some bloom, micro, liquid bloom, and calmag.

then yest, they had drank down another 1/2gal, so i added back RO with micro, liquid bloom and sensizym.

gonna flush tomoro and just run RO+sensizym for a cpl days, then add calmag, then nutrients again by sat so we will get back on schedule.

looked in res lastnight, new roots showing!? new growth happenin.

also tomoro going to unweave the root system that is intermingled with the existing plants roots. should be fun! been keepin a close eye on em, theyre still alive and the res doesnt smell like rotten swamp.

each res drank 1/2gal of water by sun, so added back RO with some bloom, micro, liquid bloom, and calmag.

then yest, they had drank down another 1/2gal, so i added back RO with micro, liquid bloom and sensizym.

gonna flush tomoro and just run RO+sensizym for a cpl days, then add calmag, then nutrients again by sat so we will get back on schedule.

looked in res lastnight, new roots showing!? new growth happenin.

also tomoro going to unweave the root system that is intermingled with the existing plants roots. should be fun! been keepin a close eye on em, theyre still alive and the res doesnt smell like rotten swamp.

The lack of smell is a good sign. Try half strength nutes when you add the calmag. Nice save.

heres some progress pics... i think ive got the deficiencies fig out... im thinkin bein a new grower and not knowin/expectin how specific strains will grow and how they demand more of certain nutrients as go thru flower. real experience is the only way to get it, no matter how much you read. anyway...

theyre startin to pack on a little weight now

blue dream
wk_11_wed.jpg
wk_11_wed_3.jpg
wk_11_wed_4.jpg
wk_11_wed_5.jpg

wk_11_wed_6.jpg

jack herer
wk_11_wed_7.jpg

wk_11_wed_2.jpg

Looking good.
Be patient, it will be worth the wait.
DWC is tricky even for an experienced grower.

thanks everyone for stickin around! got kinda freaked out last week or so, seein how the different strains feed and show deficiencies thru that was crazy, were already jumpy enough bein first timers, but things are starting to calm again.

gs- all i have is my crappy camera on my phone, been lookin for a scope online w/ usb hookup. want to get one asap...

253- yea man thats what im goin for, think i fig out when to get these girls what they need. should pick up some steam right about now.

1234- dwc has proved to be more complicated than planned for, but i think im startin to get the just of it. cant say it doesnt keep me busy.

went an got a scope last night,, but the light was goin dim after ten minutes of use... got to look at the blue dream for a bit and the trichromes are ridiculous! mostly clear from what i could see, there may have been some cloudiness, but not a significant pecentage. im going to bring the scope back, and get a real one, itll be worth it. i want one that i can put pics up on here with.

went an got a scope last night,, but the light was goin dim after ten minutes of use... got to look at the blue dream for a bit and the trichromes are ridiculous! mostly clear from what i could see, there may have been some cloudiness, but not a significant pecentage. im going to bring the scope back, and get a real one, itll be worth it. i want one that i can put pics up on here with.

what zoom did you get??? I have a 30x!!! I want stronger!!!

JJ, how often do you check the pH of each bucket? I have a $500 pH meter (Denver instruments UP-10) that measures pH accurately to .005 and I have found that if I don't calibrate it weekly, it can be off as much as 0.5! Anyway, if you are using RO water and the pH is spot on (between 5.5 and 5.8), you shouldn't have any deficiency issues when using the 3-part. Each strain is different, especially finicky strains like SLH, but you shouldn't need calmag. The Micro is the sole source of calcium and if you apply 10 ml per gallon of each part, you will be feeding your plants approximately 130 ppm calcium and 50 ppm magnesium. For those 2 nutrients (Ca2+ and Mg2+), that is in the mid to upper range (as far as nutrient solutions go) for each of those which means that there is plenty of both calcium and magnesium in the nutrient solution. I can assure you that there is plenty of calcium (rarely deficient in cannabis) and if you have any magnesium issues, use epsom salts. Epsom salts are pure magnesium and sulfur. It is very tough to overdose on sulfur and most calmag supplements use magnesium sulfate as a source of magnesium.

I have tested the 3 part on a variety of plant species including tomatoes which require more calcium than most plant species to prevent blossom end rot and I have used "crazy growth" the entire grow. That was enough to prevent BER (blossom end rot) which is a calcium deficiency disease.

Your plants look like they might have gotten a little too much nutrition and some leaves appear to be burned. If you aren't using RO water, I would switch to that for at least a week or so and also recommend only using the 3 part plus the bloom booster. Most importantly, keep your ppm down below 1500 for sure. 1500 is my upper limit. I have grown 6 foot monsters and never gone over 1400 ppm in RO water and a deficiency issue was non-existent for a variety of strains and other vegetable crops.

c- yea i check the ph twice daily. once lights on, and once an hour or so before lights out. i keep it at 5.8 if i can, i dont try an micro manage it too much, ill let it drift away from there but never over 6.0 or below 5.6.

i calibrate my meter 3-5x weekly, and have been usin RO water from the beginning.

i added some sensi root rejuv this flush along with a toned down nutrient sched. i brought the micro back to 10 from 7ml/gal, and lowered the grow to 10ml/gal. everything else is on with your feed sched...

question. there was a feed sched you included with my package that differs somewhat from the sched listed on the bottles of the 3 part. which one should i be following?

thanks for the detailed post, its appreciated.

an youre prob right, they probably did get a little too much good stuff...

Back
Top Bottom